Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Back to 234.6 today, which was challenge weigh-in day. So down .8lbs from the last weigh-in day. Still just inching along slowly downwards. Sick today with tummy issues. I'm blaming the overly spicy buffalo chicken lettuce wraps I made yesterday. Didn't notice I got the hotter version of the franks wing sauce prior to last night. Oh well. They were still good!

Mizzthing - A yogurt maker sounds fun. Let us know how your first batch turns out!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:16 AM   #122  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

227 today but not going to update my ticker until Sunday because that's now my 'official' weigh in day. I figured out why I wasn't losing despite exercising and eating healthy. I was getting too lenient with my calories and starting to estimate what I thought a recipe should be instead of how many calories it actually contained. So I have to work on that and work on drinking more water so I eat less. My goal is 220 by Dec 1.

Sunarie - congrats on the weight loss this week!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #123  

Congrats to you too Rin! New low on the scale for me today. 233.6.. and an excellent way to end the month. That puts me down 5.6lbs for the month of October!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #124  

You ladies are doing great!

I kicked myself in the butt and got down to 234 as of yesterday. Then ate Chinese rice and pork last night. Why do I do that to myself??

I walked 2 miles today and did 2 workout classes at the gym. I want to see the 220s very soon.

We aren't doing Trick or Treaters tonight, having loads of candy in my house would not go over well. Is there a Bah Humbug phrase for Halloween?

Now I want hot buffalo sauce because of sunarie!! Hope your stomach feels better. I LOVE hot stuff.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #125  

Oh, Happy Halloween! I forgot that!

Also TheLastStraw, here's the awesome recipe I made! It was very good, despite being a little on the spicy side for my tastes. Next go I'm gonna make it with the regular stuff, not the extra hot one, lol. They were nummy, and pretty dang healthy. With what I used it was 3 WW points plus per wrap.. or about 300 calories for 1 cup of the chicken.. which I divided over 3 lettuce wraps with a tiny bit of blue cheese, and a tiny bit of home-made ranch.

http://www.ellaclaireinspired.com/bu...-lettuce-wraps
Old 10-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #126  

Oh thank you for sharing! I don't eat blue cheese or ranch so I'd definitely save myself some calories. The taco ones look good too!

I love trying new stuff, definitely will be making those!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #127  

Yup! Next time we make it we're gonna do a salad and then have the chicken as the topper. The lettuce wraps, while fun, are a bit messy to eat.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #128  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Ooo I have been having a craving for hot wings=(TOM). I am going to try to find some lower sodium chick'n so I can save some for the sauce.

I haven't weighed and I won't until this bloating is over. I don't even feel like getting disappointed. Still hoping for a new decade this month. I will be updating on the yogurt once all the stuff comes in.

We didn't have any kids and this is the first time we've brought candy since I was a kid. Go figure. It was too cold for kiddies though.

ETA: Does anyone do any outdoors workouts in fall/winter?

Last edited by Mizzthingaling; 11-02-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #129  

I eat too much sodium probably. I've been tracking foods in MyFitnessPal as well so doing my WW points (they're both actually about the same)... my sodium intake is always way over for the day.. every single time. At least it's consistent, lol.

I'd like to get to a new decade by the end of the month too.. weighed in at 233.8 today. If I can be 229 by the end of the month (which is my first mini goal) that'd be great! I did my halloween splurge eating on November 1st. Chowed down on pizza, soda, alcohol, and candy. Have been good since though.

We did a weight watchers recipe for baked turkey jack cheese chimichangas last night. It was actually nummy. I did ground chicken instead of turkey. They were super filling too. And I have enough leftovers cause boyfriend didn't like them to last for two more days. So nom nom nom.

I don't do outdoor workouts at all right now. Next year, when I'm down to a more socially acceptable weight (and hopefully won't be afraid of people yelling nasty things out their cars) I may go jogging. I live in South Carolina though and it's not as cold as in some other places. Cold air does tend to make your lungs feel on fire, not necessarily in a bad way... cause that makes sense.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #130  

Thread has gone so quiet! I'm down 1.8lbs for a challenge week weigh in. Celebrate! That's more than normal. I've also been a bit stressed this week so I've been eating a bit less than my meal plan says to. Oh well. Hopefully the stressful situation at home is better now, seems to have been worked out anyway.

AC is back on in our house. It doesn't feel like November x.x
Old 11-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #131  
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post
Thread has gone so quiet! I'm down 1.8lbs for a challenge week weigh in. Celebrate! That's more than normal. I've also been a bit stressed this week so I've been eating a bit less than my meal plan says to. Oh well. Hopefully the stressful situation at home is better now, seems to have been worked out anyway.

AC is back on in our house. It doesn't feel like November x.x
Congrats!! That's awesome!!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #132  
Rin

I'm down to 225.4 this morning. Hoping I keep going down! Just drinking LOTS of water and being really strict with my calories. I make one large meal on Sundays, and then have that for lunch every day at work. I also eat the same breakfast and snacks every day and then have soup and a snack for dinner. I change up the meals and snacks each week, so the repetitiveness doesn't bother me. Also makes it soo much easier to track

Last edited by Rin; 11-06-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #133  
Golden

Congrats on the loss Rin. TOM is finally over so it's time to grind. I actually like the coldness,not so much the lung parts. I think I can go further in cold weather because my body heats up. I am so happy for all the holiday sales coming up. I saw Big Lots will be having some thermals on sale already.so I will get those.

Rin that's what I was talking about. Same thing every day just do changes every week. I can do repetitive every week, Mom can't. I try to do every other with her and that worked. Once we get all the orders in we'll be set.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #134  

232.0 today. Haven't had a gain in a while.. kinda odd but not complaining!

Congrats on the loss Rin! Keep chugging along, you're getting close to being under 220! I also like eating the same stuff over and over again. It's actually kind of thrown me off today that my breakfast wasn't my usual because we ran out of milk. Right now we've had more variety than normal because I'm still finding recipes both me and boyfriend actually enjoy. Glad to see some other people that don't mind eating the same stuff, my family has never understood how I can do it, lol.

Mizzthing - I like the cold too. Which is why I really wish it'd cool down here, lol. We're still running the AC. Had a whooping two days where we ran the heater and then oh look, high 70's weather again.

Yay sales! I love sales around this time of year. My whole family seems to be born around December/January/February.. so Christmas plus birthdays tend to destroy our wallet. Son is Dec 4th, Mom is Dec 25th, One brother is Dec 28th, other brother and sister share Jan 15th, then I'm Feb 10th with my Grandma following on Feb 13th. That's not even counting friends >.<
Old 11-11-2014, 01:47 AM   #135  
Golden

We seem to have a lot of people in January. So I will be saving a few gifts for my nieces. I know what you mean by the weather. It was warm when I left but cool when I came home. I need it so just stay cold so I an wear my boots!

I have been waiting on Amazon to send my yogurt maker and protein shakes. I'm getting prime back. After being spoiled with 2-day shipping, it's just so hard to go back.
Closed Thread