Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Rin - I've actually got some Zumba DVDs coming in the mail soonish. I bought them a long while ago and left them at my parents. Mom mailed them to me and they should arrive on the 27th! I remember it being really fun, so can't wait to start it up again. I didn't know Curves offered it. I don't think we have a Curves within a 15 minute drive of where I currently live though. I may look into classes once I slim down some more.

Thank you Jenjen and Mizzthing! Also glad to see you posting Missthing.

I fell off the wagon yesterday myself, but am not really letting it get me down. Boyfriend's dad came to visit us for the weekend and sort of threw off our eating schedule. I did okay while he was actually here, but he left really early (for us, we sleep in/stay up late) in the morning and we got up with him. That threw off my schedule, so I was hungrier throughout the day than is typical simply because I was eating lunch when I usually have breakfast. So when we went out to dinner with friends I had chicken fajitas, which I'm 100% sure were over my points values for yesterday, I just don't know how much because there isn't any nutritional info for the place we went.

Back up to 237 today, but oh well. Got right back on track.

Hope everyone else's weekend was good!

Last edited by sunarie; 10-20-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #77  
Rin

S/C/G: 250/226/164

Height: 5'8"

Sunarie - personally I love Zumba. It's a lot of fun and even though I'm drenched in sweat, it doesn't feel like work. I do really enjoy the Zumba classes at curves but it was more expensive than I would like to pay. I pay month to month with no contract though, so for me, it was worth it to feel comfortable working out.
And weekends are always harder for me too, especially when I don't work out. I definitely went over my calories yesterday too.

My scale is busted and won't get my new one until next week. I'm going crazy not being able to weigh myself but maybe it will be good to take a break from the scale.

Last edited by Rin; 10-20-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #78  

I'm still stalking you ladies.

I'm 241 after an awful weekend.

I joined a cardio circuit workout group 3x a week and then doing TRX on the other 2 days. Did one cardio circuit workout last week and thought I would die!

Thank you all for inspiring me and trying to keep me focused.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #79  
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastStraw323 View Post
I'm still stalking you ladies.

I'm 241 after an awful weekend.

I joined a cardio circuit workout group 3x a week and then doing TRX on the other 2 days. Did one cardio circuit workout last week and thought I would die!

Thank you all for inspiring me and trying to keep me focused.
Way to go!! That sounds like a tough workout!! I find that I do a better job staying within my calorie limit when I work out. I don't know what I would do without this board. I'm constantly lurking to get motivation and tips

Last edited by Rin; 10-20-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #80  
JAYNE

S/C/G: 276/251/150

I so glad I made it to this thread. A little about myself. Last year I weighed in at 276 and was able to get down to 208 pounds. Then I started a new stressful job and sinked back into old habits and quit exercising, we ordered out a lot and gained around 30 lbs. Over the last couple of months I tried to get back into it what I was doing and just could not stick with it for more than a couple days, I got frustrated and and felt like giving up. I have a few enablers or sabatagers at home. So DH is out of town, I took vacation time to be home with my daughter she is 13 and autistic and joined weight watchers. I am mostly doing it online but it is going well. Its still new and less than a week but getting all the sugar out of my system and throwing out the junk. What treats are in the house are for my daughter and they are fairly healthy. The real test will be when I go back to work and dh gets back home on the 29th.
Weight is 238 today so down so far 5 lbs and hope to be out of the 220's by the new year.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #81  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

hi, joining in at 235 lbs. I hope not to get too comfy though I have spent 2 years at this weight lol! Actually most of the last 10 years... though I lost weight once and then had two more babies so here I am again (youngest is 15months old)
Old 10-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Thank you all for the Disney advice!!!!!! I am going to take my breakfast, snacks and lunch and eat there for dinner.....but eat healthier options. I will probably have one day where I have a treat

Welcome Amanda! I feel you. I had 3 babies in a 4 year period. I climbed from 190's to the 250's...but losing 20-25 here and there and climbing back to the all time high of 251ish.....so I get it!!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #83  

Welcome Jillybean and Jasmt. Or should I call you Jayne and Amanda? I never know if I should do names.. usually go with usernames just to be safe. Jilly, I think I've also seen you around the Weight Watchers section, glad to see you over in the part of the forums too!

Jenjen- Tell me how Disney goes! We're planning a trip in a few years. I'm so excited.

Laststraw and Rin - I agree that this site is hugely inspiring. Whenever I'm feeling down about how much I've been losing, or need some good motivators, I find myself looking through all the goal and mini-goal photo albums. Seeing people's transformations that aren't part of some diet pill scam is very uplifting. Not to mention being able to see from daily threads that everyone has hiccups and things they struggle with. I like not feeling alone.

I'm back down to the 236.2 that I was before boyfriend's dad visited. So yay for that. Zumba should be here next Monday. Until then I get to do a lot of Just Dance sweat mode stuff. Which is fun on it's own. Daily Burn sub is up.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #84  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

call me Amanda or i might not realize you are talking to me LOL!
Old 10-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #85  
Rin

So I could not stand not knowing my weight anymore so went to walmart and bought a scale. I stepped on it and weigh 230. Which was kind of depressing bc I thought for sure it would be below 228. And then guess what happened? I stepped on it a second time to check my weight again and it broke! I literally heard it crunch, so I stepped off. Yup, I actually broke a brand new scale. I feel like crying. Hopefully the nicer one I ordered online works ok and doesn't break too.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #86  

Aww Rin, don't be too hard on yourself over that. It sounds like you got a cheapy scale from Walmart, and being cheapy (by the fact that it broke when most scales are suppose to support at least 300lbs which you are no where near) it may have had the wrong weight as well.

Keep on plan and just wait for your new scale to get in. Hang in there!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Rin....I'm sorry and I would go take it back!!!!!! Seriously that is not right probably a faulty one!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #88  

Rin. it's surely just a quality issue with the scale. 230 (or even more/less) is hardly enough to break a scale unless it's a little food scale.

Just remember, every scale is different so even if the new scale says "230", it's a new start number compared to your old scale, that's all. It doesn't mean you didn't lose or that you gained.

My scale at my doctor's office is never the same as my home scale (even if I race there without eating anything, drinking anything, doing anything at all). And surprisingly, my doctor's office is actually a little less than my home one. In the past, the doctor's office one was always higher for some reason.

Just keep it on the same surface all the time and try not to move it too much. I also try to weigh at home the same time and naked (sorry tmi) to not be able to blame clothes or anything else.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #89  
Rin

Thanks sunarie, jenjenangel027, and thelaststraw323! I couldn't work up the energy to go back to the store but maybe I'll do it this weekend. I know it's irrational of me to believe that the scale broke bc of my weight but it was kind of the last straw of a very long day and rational thinking just didn't come into play. Normally I would find it hilarious but I was feeling down today and breaking the scale didn't help. lol thank you so much for being so nice!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #90  
Rin

And that's great advice about not moving the scale! I think that's what happened to my last one. It survived 3 moves with a 2 year period but I guess all the abuse of being packed, unpacked, and moved constantly finally took its tole. But at least it never physically broke! Lol
Closed Thread