Old 09-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Height: 5'7"

Frances, that's so exciting! My lowest adult weight was 165.8, and I was there for like a day. 164 is a total mental goal for me. I really hope you're able to give yourself that gift for Christmas! I definitely have disordered thinking about my body. I hope to someday be where you are mentally.

Noname, congrats on the no-alcohol victory! Thanks for asking about my eye--it is much better but still annoying.

Walrus, 100 POUNDS!!! WOOT WOOT! Way to go! And congrats on not needing the extender anymore either!

My weightloss is really dragging, so I signed up for another DietBet. I need to weigh 189.1 a month from now! Hopefully that will kick my rear into gear. My birthday is Oct 20 and I really do not want to be obese (191 or less is the goal) when that day hits. I just really want to close the door on this chapter in my life.
DreamingSmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #107  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Frances - Aw thank you, you're sweet! I must say your body is looking pretty darn fine, lady! I am so happy that you are loving your body, that is simply awesome.

DreamingSmall Have you done a Diet Bet before? I looked into it at one time but I am such a slow loser! Rooting for you to meet all of your goals Got any fun plans for your birthday?

Ugh, I think my scale is playing with me. It's been reading weird, hopefully just a change of batteries is needed. It read 187 this morning and a few minutes later it said 189. So who knows haha Gotta get some batteries before my Friday "official" weigh-in!

My boyfriend and I are supposed to go on a hike after work today. I am *really* looking forward to it. We'll have to bit quick getting ready once we get home from work because it's at least a 20 minute drive and nowadays the sun sets so early But it will be a really nice change of pace. I already made dinner. We'll just bring it along and heat it up on the trail. So much more interesting than going to the gym LOL
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #108  

I've seen those Diet Bets before and they look like fun, but I've never done one!

Scales are so fickle! Hopefully you're really at 187!

DreamingSmall - I know what you mean! I'm so focused on hitting 175 and I just cannot imagine being any smaller than that. It's definitely going to take some mental work! I think you have a great goal of being in the 180s by next month!

I'm doing cartwheels! My official weigh in isn't until Friday, but I'm at 180.2 today. That's a 1.4 lb loss so far, and that feels so good after being stuck at the same weight for an entire month. I am really, really hopeful that I make it to the 170s by Friday!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #109  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

hello ladies!!! I havent posted on this forum in a while but it's good to be back tracking progress! Finally moved into Onederland.. took my own sweet time but I think the downward spiral is going to go just fine 'cause a few things have changed.. I started grad school this fall so m now on a student budget. I guess that helps when it comes to making food choices? Hehe anyway I cant wait to hit the 170s, that's like a mini goal! Have come so far.. a little more to go.

Last edited by nitrus29; 09-11-2014 at 10:19 AM.
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #110  

NoName, I have done DietBets before. I really like the 6-month ones. The goal is 10% in 6 months, with a break down of like, 3%, 6%, 8%, 9%, 10%, maintain 10%. I'm almost finished with my first one and will be joining another one. I like it for the length--it forces me to stay committed to it. 6 months is a long time! The slower rate is nice, too. But I'm doing one of the one-month ones to kick things up a bit. I don't have a lot of money right now (recently separated from my husband; I'd been a SAHM), so if I give them $25, I'm d@mn sure getting it back! I love fall, but I too hate the shorter days! Hope the new batteries fixed your scale!

Frances, so exciting!! Fingers crossed for you to bust into the 170s tomorrow!!

Nitrus, welcome back!

I had a great day with my kids at the state fair yesterday. But man, they come home and go to bed early and I still have to do all the stuff I didn't get done during the day! I am really tired today. I got a lot of exercise in, which is nice. And I brought food for us, so we didn't buy any (yay on saving money and calories!), so it was a healthy day as well. But I sure could use a nap!!
Old 09-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #111  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hello all,
I am still hanging around 195, painfully, but I know it's because I had a cheat day on Sunday and it threw off the last few days. I've been eating like crazy! Good foods, mostly, but still TOO much. Maybe just my body balancing itself. I have cheat days and I forget how much they can mess with me. They are usually worth it, but I just try not to panic in the following week.

My next goal is 193lbs by next week! After that I want to try to get those 4lbs off asap. Probably by the end of September, so I can get working on hitting my goal of 185 or less by Halloween!

Whew. This weight loss stuff sure takes forever. :P
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #112  

No breakthrough this week for me, ladies! It's TOM and I'm all swollen and crampy. Heck, I can't believe I haven't GAINED, but I'm standing firm at 180. Fingers crossed for next week!

Walrus - that's a great goal for next week! And I'm not sure that cheat days aren't a little bit good. I lose more weekly when I up my calories one or two days on the weekend!

DreamingSmall - wow, that sounds so busy! I hope you got that nap!

Nitrus, good to see you here!

How was your hike, noname? Hope the scale is being good to you now!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #113  
Call me NNS!

nitrus - Welcome back!

walrus - You're right, it most certainly does take forever. Sounds like you have reasonable goals though.

Frances - even without a loss you're still doing so well! Almost in the 170s!

The hike was good. We did almost 7 miles. The scale was either wrong the other day or I gained a bit overnight. I've been around 189 the last few days (which is plausible). I might try some new batteries in it and I'll ask my boyfriend if he thinks it's been off for him. I doubt it though. My measurements aren't down at all either.

Maybe I've just finally hit the dreaded plateau. Boo! I'm considering a maintenance break at the end of the month, so maybe that will get things moving if they don't before then. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 09-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I'm at 201 today!

See you guys soon!
WahineByTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #115  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Sigh. After getting down to the 170s, my weight loss journey went haywire and I finally regained control as I stood at the brink of 200 (199.7 yikes). So with renewed vigor I am back!!!

So 195.9 today. Almost four pounds down for week one. Mostly water I'm sure, but a nice way to start the week.

WahineByTheSea: Congrats on 201!!! I know how exciting it is to be on the brink of ONEderland like that.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I hope you new posters aren't like me. Once I broke out of the 200s I got complacent....I was just so happy to be rid of 200. Now I can't get out of the 190s and it's getting really old.

I have a cold this week, but it didn't kill my appetite! LOL I made chicken soup and have been eating it the past couple days with lots of thick fat noodles. It is helping me feel better. I'm still hovering around 194-195, but would like to see a drop soon. I can't exercise, because I'm congested and start coughing too much. Maybe I can just take a slow walk on the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #117  
Call me NNS!

WahineByTheSea So close, you can do it!!!

tefrey Welcome back! Good for catching it when you did.

Wannabehealthy Oh please take care of yourself and feel better soon! Don't push too hard to get back to exercising...it's one thing to do it if you have a mild cold, but if you're congested you're better off resting! And your body needs those yummy noodles in your soup to help heal. I know you're frustrated at your stall, but now is not the time to worry.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #118  

It's great to see so many new faces around here! Welcome!!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #119  

Hey friends, just checking in quickly. I've been incredibly busy. Things are going well, health-wise. A little less well emotionally, but I can soldier through this. Ugh. Anyway, I've been noticing that my resistance training is paying off--I'm getting definition in my arms and legs! They're still pretty covered in fat though. :/

Walrus, looks like you're making progress towards your mini-goal. Woohoo!

Frances, that's wonderful that you haven't gained! Maybe once TOM leaves, you'll see a loss? That's how it used to work for me. (Breastfeeding now, plus I have a Mirena, so I don't get TOM. Which does NOT make me sad.)

Wahine, looking forward to seeing you in this thread!

Tefrey, way to STOP the gain! That's such a hard thing to do. Welcome back.

WannaBe, I hope you feel better soon. Maybe that'll give you back your mojo?

Take care, all!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #120  

Just checking in with my weekly weigh in...down a pound (phew) and FINALLY into the 170s!!! I think I'm going to mosey on over to the 170s board, but I know I'll be seeing you all there soon, and I'll check in to see how you're doing!