Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Morning everyone

I did relatively well on Friday and Saturday and then yesterday, everything hit the roof. We went to my mom's place for lunch, went to my cousin's house for coffee in the afternoon and then my in law's place for dinner. Entirely too much eating. Somehow, I managed to come out of it unscathed. The scale showed me at 193.2 with my clothes on! (I completely forgot to weigh myself before getting dressed for the day). My goal for today is to chug my water, just in case the food from yesterday wants to try to bite me in my rear end tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/170

Kukkie Glad the scale was showing a loss with your clothes on! I hope that translates to an even bigger loss without clothes today. Sounds like you did a good job surviving so many food-related events on Sunday.

I lost the pound I gained and one more, so down to 218. That's 9 lbs in 10 weeks. I'm trying hard to focus on that being okay, but I sure wish I could have one week with a substantial loss. But my ultimate goal is to be at or close to my goal next spring, so I need to just keep going and accept this slooooooow process, I guess.
Onward...
Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 231.2/210.7/187

Height: 5ft8

Hi everyone,

the scale is down a bit more 224.1 yippy

not the greatest loss but its 6lbs this month.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #64  

Whoooshhhhhh! Down 1.3 to 191.9. Yay. Desperately need to get out of the 90s this month. I've been saying that every month for way too long. I will be focused.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:17 AM   #65  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

LGW, that sounds amazing. Congrats to you for getting up and working out when most people go to chill and get out of their normal routines!

patchwork, yay for yoga! 40 mins a quite a long time in my world...bet that was refreshing. Sounds like a good way to shake up the workouts.

Sarah, thanks for the encouragement! I did make time tonight to hit the trail and jog 1 mile. I want to do more but at the end of very long days, it's going to have to be good enough to spend 15-20 mins doing what I can. I am also wayyy out of shape, even compared to a monthago when I could do 2 miles nonstop. Crazy how the body loses all the fitness gains if you don't stick with it!

papercut, 6 pounds so far for August? Either way, 6 pound loss is great!! Keep it up, they add up fast!

Kukkie, wow what a whoosh! Congrats, you have sooo deserved it and I know you've been battling for a while like me. Glad this gets you within reach of the 80's which I know could do wonders for motivation!!

Had a great day today. Yesterday not so much. No cardio and ordered pizza after a long day at work and travel day. Today I was on plan 100%, went grocery shopping to have food in my mini fridge so I would have no excuses to order in after work, and made myself leave the office at 7pm so I could hit the trail and get a mile in before dark.

Hope everyone has a great, productive Wednesday!!

Rennie, where are youuuu....
Old 08-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #66  

Good morning y'all. Starting to feel like ghost town in here...

papercut, Sarah and aKelly!

I'm down 0.1 to 191.8. Such a tease, but better than nothing. I woke up feeling very stiff (we're in desperate need of a new mattress), so I also think my muscles being tight and retaining water played a part in that. Made a good healthy dinner last night, resisted the temptation of ice cream for dessert, and I brought my lunch with me this morning. I'm on a good roll. Just need to keep it up.

aKelly - yeah, we have been battling together for a while now. I'm glad you were able to get your mile in; you're right - doing what you can is infinitely better than doing nothing. Good on you!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 231.2/210.7/187

Height: 5ft8

i started the 14th July, i wish it was for just August, but i am taking what i can get lol. had another whoosh so now i am 222.8, i was on quite a stubborn standstill so i am sooooooooooooooooooooo not going to cheat or celebrate.

decided to start doing the Zumba tapes i bought a couple of months ago, my my my i am unfit but laughing so it is all good.

hope everyone is having an awesome one

Last edited by papercut; 08-13-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Great job on all your weight losses!!!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #69  

Kukkie-- Sooo close...I bet you'll be out of the 190s so soon.This WILL be the month. Keep up the good work.
Pappercut--I love the image of you laughing as you do the Zumba. You get extra points for an ab workout with all that laughing.
akelly--nice rebound after the pizza day. Nice job getting that mile done after work. It takes good motivation to go right after work like that.

I took a long walk today. It was perfect weather...not too hot. Then a friend came over for a late dinner and I made a big pile of veggies. It was a good day.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #70  

Fudge popsicles. I'm up 2.2 to 194.0. Seriously unimpressed with my scale. I'm not taking it too hard though, because as I was eating dinner last night, I noticed that it was too salty. I did fix it for my lunch this morning, however I'm sure it's contributing to some water retention. Despite having had 2L of water prior to that, I actually felt dehydrated and so chugged another 0.5L of water. So yay for getting my water in; it's been a long time since I was successful doing that. I'm sure that once the retention lets loose, I'll see a better number on the scale.

Sarah

Rennie lady, where are you? I miss you when you go back to work
Old 08-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/165

Height: 5'4.5

Hi

Would you guys mind if I joined in this thread? I know Im half a month late but better late than never? haha

A little about me: I lost 90lb over a year and a half period of time, two years ago.. and gained back about 40lb.

I need to get down to 145 to be healthy and happy with myself again, this last 2 years has been filled with problems and depression and anxiety and I couldnt control myself, and let myself down.

I just started a serious diet and exercise program and I have lost 3.8lb so far and am really happy.

I am hoping to hit 7lb by the end of the month

I wish you all good luck and lots of will power, and looking forward to seeing you all through your succesful journeys, xoxo
Old 08-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #72  

Persianprincess--Welcome...it's always the right time to join the group. Good job getting back to it before you gained the rest back. I've done THAT too many times! Pat yourself on the back for being 50 lbs down and heading back down again.

KukkieGood job with the water and booooo for the scale bouncing back up. I hope it goes right back down tomorrow, and even a bit further.

I have a long day at work, but took 20 minutes this morning before my day began to run/walk on the treadmill. It felt good to get it done right way. Giving up some of my coffee time is not always easy for me!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #73  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Great week everyone! Very inspiring and impressive!

Kukkie, yeah - the salt can definitely play tricks on the scale. Plus all the extra water may be stuck somewhere in the muscles - I'm sure you're body will naturally detox and flush itself out! Prepare for the whoosh

Sarah, good luck at work! That's awesome that you got on the treadmill this morning!

Persianprincess, welcome!! Everyone is always invited - I join the threads like the last day of the month sometimes. Just to say hi and get some motivation.

papercut, enjoy Zumba!! I love watching people do it - but as for myself, no way! Not yet - not with this body!

jen, thanks!! Hope you're week is going well!!

As for me - losing about a pound per day this week! Ran 1.5 miles yesterday after work...we had pasta at lunch for a co-worker who is leaving the project so I mostly ate the chicken and broccoli...then ran a little bit longer than I planned. Hoping for a stable weekend and not a gaining one!!
Old 08-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #74  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

My weird knee is fine now. I've done some yoga almost every day but today.

My dad had his back surgery and is starting the recovery process, but he feels unwell and just wants to go home, which may happen tomorrow.

Princess, Welcome, glad to have you join us. being healthy is hard and we tend to fall back into old habits quickly. We've all been there. don't be too hard on yourself.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #75  

Morning y'all I'm down 0.8 today to 193.2. Still not happy about the salt gain, water retention, but it's coming down slowly.

Princess - welcome! Agree with Penguin, don't be too hard on yourself. The important thing is that you're here and working your way back.

Penguin - how did the surgery go? Does your dad have restrictions on what he can/can't do during recovery? Glad to hear the knee is better.

aKelly - fingers crossed for a stable weekend, for you and me both!

Sarah - good for you for getting in that workout early. I hear you on not giving up coffee time easily. Many of the ladies here can attest to it being almost impossible for me. I don't function without caffeine.

Rennie - hope everything is well with you
Closed Thread