Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 231.2/210.7/187

Height: 5ft8

Cool

So I started yesterday kinda figured no time like the present. we work in KG's here but converting to pounds I have aprox 40lbs to lose. I weighed myself yesterday morning and was 226.82 and this morning 226.38 so just a slight drop but anything is better than nothing

Had the most amazing salad this afternoon, roasted pepper and string beans, onion and garlic, with tuna chunks. was so yummy. Have had plenty of water today, breakfast was a 2 egg omelet with cheese and tomato. Think supper will be grilled chicken breast, to me it seems way to decadent to be diet food so i hope I am reading this diet correctly.

Its lovely reading everyone's post and seeing that there truly is an amazing sense of friendship and support here
Old 08-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #32  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm down almost a pound from the 2nd. Not much going on this weekend {Sun-Tues} Hubby and Dad are working on the car's engine swap. I felt like I didn't sleep last night so I'm groggy despite a rare cup of coffee.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Great job everyone!!!!!

Love- It's not so much the pizza...I have a cheat meal once a week. I eat well all day and have one thing I have been craving. I just tend to get so addicted to the scale that I start getting depressed...so I need to just weigh in 2 times a week I think ....I am doing this more for my health this time...weightloss is a benefit but I don't want to be in this big rush to get it off. I am on an eating plan that I actually LOVE this time so I don't feel like I miss out on things which is a great benefit!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #34  

S/C/G: HW:276 Restart 242.6/148.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Welcome Papercut! Your plan sounds similar to mine, but I try to stay lower fat.

I am down 1 lb. from yesterday
I will be out of town for the next week - going to my niece's wedding. It is a 12 hour drive, so we are making a little road trip of it.
My goal is to maintain while I am away.

Have a great week!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #35  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday friends!! I'm gaining But, on the road to losing again. Just have not had the energy after work to hit the treadmill, and my travel schedule this week is shaken up so just need to learn these lessons and be able to lose weight no matter what's going on. The plan is to hit the treadmill tonight

Welcome to all the newcomers!! So glad to see a bunch of new faces and still keep the old friends, too The more active, the better accountability we all have!

Rennie, melon diet sounds good - need to look into that this weekend to maybe help wash out some of this water weight gain. Hoping the protein bar did good for you

Chelainabear, girl I hear you on the soda. I am a soda addict. Luckily I have been able to switch to diet soda, but I know I shouldn't drink it. But it keeps me pumping through the long days and keeps the headaches away lol. Welcome to the thread!

papercut, this is a free for all thread! However and whatever you choose to do is welcomed. Along with just random chit chat. I talk about the most non-diet topics sometimes!

Kukkie, I love long weekends and I wouldn't ask why they exist either!! Great job getting back into the gym I love the soreness and everything, too! Just don't feel it as often as I should. Great job on the loss and the good food plan! A loss is a loss, no matter what or where it came from!

Sarah, good job maintaining the vacation - that's the hard part. I hate that the scale didn't reward you, but it will! Normally I see 3-5 pound gains after vacay so silver lining is it was only 1

patchwork, man I ran into a bump in the kitchen project I'm doing and immediately thought of you. Having an issue with the granite guy - and its going to delay things until Sept since thats the next available week where I can travel home a day early so they can do the install. Blahhhh! Hope you get some good rest tonight!

jen, I am the same way. Sometimes if I weigh daily I struggle mentally with the fluctuations or lack of losing even when I'm doing all I can. So, some weeks I weigh 7 times, other weeks it could be 3 or 4. Just depends on my mood and desire or lack of desire to know the number!

jollyjude, congrats on the 1 lb!!! Great goal! Road trips are fun but be careful Lots of summer travelers out there!!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

papercut: I'm glad you've found this community welcoming so far, I'm sure that's how we all feel as well! And it looks like you are making good choices, don't worry about dropping right away, it takes a little while to see those good choices reflecting on the scale. Grilled chicken breast can be quite good for you, as long as you're not loading on the heavy sauces or oils!

penguin: Congrats on the 1lb. Progress!

Sarah: Thanks for the sympathy. I just made a few crappy choices due to poor planning on my part, and some emotional stress. It'll get better. And you can do this! I get that frustration, but we all have faith in you.

jollyjude: Congrats on the 1lb, and have fun! Road trips and weddings are both fun, you'll have a great time

akelly: It's just so terrible! But I've gotten much better in the last few weeks about not having any regular soda, and only a few diets a week. A lot of the time I don't even finish the diet, because even though it curbs that carbonation and sweetness craving, I don't actually like it that much. Perfect solution

I had a relatively unhealthy lunch (my sister made french toast, bacon and hashbrowns for all of us) but I had small portions and have been drinking lots of water. I just hope I have that control tonight at work, surrounded by fried food
Old 08-06-2014, 02:46 AM   #37  

hi everyone,

quick Q, when do you guys weigh, morning or evening?

took a long walk yesterday about 8 city blocks and back, first time in ages, feel a bit stiff but a smile chuffed i am starting to do something.

hope everyone has an awesome day
Old 08-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #38  

Smile

Hi all,

no change in the scale today, but very positive. did another walk today feel so much better than just sitting behind a desk all day, todays lunch was a chicken salad, onion, tomato, lettuice and some feta.

have been researching some of the diet plans mentioned in the threads and some of them i just cannot find can some one give me pointers on the 5:2 plan seems it would work with the low carb plan i am on.

hope everyone is having an awesome day

oh btw lol we had our first earthquake in South Africa yesterday. nobody knew what it was............... we are so clueless here
Old 08-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone

I'm down 0.5 to 194.0.

papercut I weigh first thing in the morning, after I use the bathroom though. I find it more consistent that way. Earthquake, eek, hope everyone is okay over there!

Last edited by Kukkie84; 08-06-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukkie84 View Post
Good morning everyone

I'm down 0.5 to 194.0.

papercut I weigh first thing in the morning, after I use the bathroom though. I find it more consistent that way. Earthquake, eek, hope everyone is okay over there!
some people were injured close to the center but only one fatality reported. we are lucky here, it happened in a very sparsly populated area.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #41  

So I weigh this morning and get 5 different responses 6 lbs different ...either battery or scale is going bye bye lol
Old 08-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #42  

So not going to be able to weigh in until Saturday morning a little anxious on the different weight if my junky scale was off!
Old 08-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #43  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Yesterday we took a walk around a local park, our first since having to put April to sleep a few months ago, It was hard, not having her with us, but having taken that step maybe we can go again.

Today I did 30min of HIIT followed by 30 min of yoga.

JenJen, we thought we were having weird weather earlier this year, but the thermometer was stuck at 71F. I'm a big fan of those rechargeable batteries, they cost a bit more in the beginning but are worth it to me.

Papercut, glad you guys are ok and it wasn't much worse. I weigh in the mornings but being consistent will probably tell you more than skipping from morning to evening.

Kelly, that would drive me nuts. I hope the time passes quickly and the install goes smoothly.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #44  

Penguin I just changed the battery and every time I step on scale its different so I just ordered a new one!
Old 08-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Going to start this a little late... coming here every day will help me be accountable. Starting at 278.8 goal is 261. I just started so I have water weight to lose. Should be attainable.

01 ~ 278.8
02 ~NWI
03 ~NWI
04 ~NWI
05 ~NWI
06 ~NWI
07 ~269.6
08 ~272.6
09 ~270.8
10 ~268.2
11 ~272.5
12 ~NWI
13 ~NWI
14 ~NWI
15 ~NWI
16 ~NWI
17 ~NWI
18 ~270.4
19 ~269.6
20 ~270.4
21 ~269.9
22 ~269.4
23 ~NWI, ate BAD last night, don't want to see it.
24 ~NWI
25 ~NWI
26 ~NWI
27 ~NWI
28 ~NWI
29 ~NWI
30 ~NWI
31 ~266

Last edited by Lindifer; 09-01-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Closed Thread