Old 06-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #76  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Ok....just had the mid morning snack....an orange....and oh LAWDY.....I have never tasted anything so gosh darn good!!!!

I had to pace myself...after that first bite I wanted to devour it whole .... my husband walked in, saw me, and walked out shaking his head. Apparently I had given up my dignity eating that orange.
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibog View Post
Ok....just had the mid morning snack....an orange....and oh LAWDY.....I have never tasted anything so gosh darn good!!!!

I had to pace myself...after that first bite I wanted to devour it whole .... my husband walked in, saw me, and walked out shaking his head. Apparently I had given up my dignity eating that orange.

I laughed myself silly after reading this! My hubby even asked what I was so tickled about.
I'm glad you're enjoying your break from the shake.
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #78  
Optifast User

Really getting into the swing of things now.

Had steak with zucchini and summer squash on the grill friday evening. YUM.
Yesterday I had my first "going out" experience - went to lunch at Chelos and I had a PLAIN grilled chicken breast on a salad of lettuce greens, shredded carrots, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. I brought my own dressing in so I knew exactly what I was having. I measured out two tablespoons of the nonfat vinaigrette dressing at home - first time eating out since end of March and I felt like I was having a gourmet meal!

My fruit today is going to be an orange - hopefully I can hold it together for the sake of my coworkers. Fitting in the three shakes around the two meals is very easy, I figured out a rhythm that I can live with.
1) Shake.
2) Fruit.
3) Shake
4) Lean and Green meal.
5) Shake.

Tonight I am doing chicken on the grill with a light coating of vinaigrette and lemon with greenbeans. I. can. not. wait!
Old 06-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #79  
Optifast user

S/C/G: 263.2/236.0/160

Height: 5'5"

Well sad to say that after what I thought was a really good week of staying on program, exercising pretty hard four days, and getting lots of liquids in, the scale only showed a 2 pound weight loss. I know that I should not be a slave to the scale and that every loss is a loss and not a gain. But it's frustrating that I try so hard and struggle with the mental aspects of the plan and still plug on with little to show. Yes, I feel better and yes, I am starting to see a difference, but...I was just wanting quicker results to keep my motivation high. Next week I am planning to go to modified for at least my vacation week away. Wondering if I will be set back even further. I guess time will tell!

Happy Sunday all! Hope you have a great week!
Wannabechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #80  
Optifast User

You said you were exercising pretty hard - - how "hard"?? We are not supposed to be doing crazy amounts of exercise on full fast. It is supposed to be at most 60 min a day, no high intensity or weights involved.

Very mild cardio OK, yoga, walking, stretching, wall pushups, stationary lunges etc. When only having 800 calories a day you can "over burn" your calories which will actually slow down weight loss.

I'd check with your program exercise coach to see if maybe you are pushing your body a bit too much while on Full Fast
Old 06-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #81  
Optifast user

My exercise usually is walking (moderately brisk pace) or in-home walking programs (I like Leslie Sansone). These get me huffing and puffing (and sweating ;-) Other than that, I swim on a semi-regular basis. I can understand how exercising too much is trying to draw on calories I don't have - and so maybe my body is holding on to whatever calories I put in. Guess I will have to slow it down a bit. Thanks for your advice!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #82  
Optifast User

Wannabechef - - fingers crossed for you!!! Hopefully you just hit a plateau and you get your deserved losses again!! Keep it up =)
Old 07-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #83  
Optifast User

ok....nervous for tonight

I have followed the program 100% but as usual I have the pre-weigh in butterflies.

I was naughty and weighed myself on the scale this morning in the buff...was 218.4! I know it will be a difference once I weigh in this evening with clothes on and I am going to go by the program's scale but still....I SAW 218!!!!!

Last edited by nibog; 07-02-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #84  
Optifast User

2.6lbs according to the program scale... Weight showed as 220.6 so a total of 44.4lbs lost. I'm calling it 45 lbs because I saw the teens this morning lol
Old 07-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #85  
Optifast user

nibog, that is GREAT!!! So happy for you!!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibog View Post
2.6lbs according to the program scale... Weight showed as 220.6 so a total of 44.4lbs lost. I'm calling it 45 lbs because I saw the teens this morning lol
Awesome, nibog! I'm curious about how your temporarily modified diet is going. Keep us posted!
Old 07-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #87  
Optifast user

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!
I finished week 7 and am down a total of 27.2 pounds! A surprising 3 pound loss this week - nibog, I guess you were right about the exercise. I slowed things down a bit this week and focused more on swimming and less taxing cardio.

I started modified today as I will be going away next week. I figured I would give myself the week to transition before going hog-wild on vacation ;-) just kidding. Grilled salmon never tasted so good!

I have been finding it hard to stick 100% to the plan as of late. Being that I am home in the summers and my schedule with the kids can be, well very unscheduled, I am having a hard time resisting temptations. I am hoping that being able to have a meal and fruit a day will satisfy my urge to "cheat" and therefore I will be able to continue to make progress.

Have a great night all!
Old 07-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 218/218/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanks for this thread!

This is a great thread! I started Optifast on Sunday and was wondering if I could do it-- I have been ravenous. I was so hungry last night I literally tore 2 pieces of sliced ham out of the package and almost swallowed whole!

Reading this gives me lots of optimism (and good information). My first weigh-in will be Thursday (I started on an odd day, so I weigh in after 4 days this first 'week'). I am determined to stick completely to the program and NOT cheat again.

Thanks for the exercise tips-- I've been really overdoing it (going for a walk every time I have cravings, which seems like about every hour)-- good to know that that could actually slow me down!
itsachoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #89  
Optifast User

Awesome weigh in this week..... Down 5.2lbs!!!!!!
Total of 49.6 lbs!

My weight now is 215.4 lbs.... That is 15.5 lbs from ONEderland!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #90  

woohoo! nibog! You are amazing!
Aren't you still doing a modified fast for your vacation? Man, I can't ever remember a time I lost weight while on vacation.

itsachoice,
Good luck with your weigh in, and yeah, you shouldn't be doing too much exercise, particularly in the first 2 weeks or so my nutritionist said.

Last edited by StarlightMintz; 07-09-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Edited to add~ I see that 50 pds lost avatar, nibog!