Old 05-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

Yep, it's a bit of a drastic measure but it's a highly successful program. With some age on me and some health issues I'm really appreciative of the level of medical evaluation and supervision with the Optifast Medical Weight Management Program.

nibog: Wednesday I finally find out when I get to start.
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #32  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Excited for tonight... Weigh in AND my first measurements taken since they were taken at the start of my program.

I am noticing changes in my body and I love it - My thighs and stomach FEEL smaller so I am more confident when putting on clothes - - clothes which are now feeling too big and billowy!!! My face is noticeably slimmer...I am getting definition in my cheekbones. My butt is smaller - I have the "saggy butt" look in all my pants which used to be skin tight! (I hate saggy butt but I LOVE why I have it!)

Also, I have been walking...and walking...and walking. I never was a "let's go for a walk" type of person because it felt physically uncomfortable, I hate getting sweaty, it would irritate my asthma...

It started with a small 1/2 mile walk...which grew to a mile...which now has grown to three walks a day, totaling about 4-5 miles!

My work has a 1/4 mile walking path built in a circle around the building and I started going walking with girls during our 30 minute lunch break. We get in 5-6 loops.
Then I started going for works in the evening with my husband around our neighborhood. On the weekends we are now hunting out new walking paths in our area.
This week I have started getting to work 30-45 minutes early and walking the path before work also. I get about 6-8 loops.

My husband was not a walker either....he is loving it! I love that it gives us something new to do, besides sitting on the couch watching TV. He has started losing weight also and it has definitely brought us even closer as we are both feeling good about ourselves.

This diet has brought so much more to my life than just smaller numbers on the scale. I love it.

I FEEL so good...my body is moving more comfortably, I haven't used my inhaler in 3 weeks and I like feeling a little sweaty now (who would ever have guessed?!?!)
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #33  
Optifast User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlightMintz View Post

nibog: Wednesday I finally find out when I get to start.
WOO HOO! I am so excited for you!! The first week SUCKS - I promise you, stick it out and it gets so much easier!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #34  
Optifast User

Down 3lbs even - total of 29.4lbs!!!

Inches I have lost - -
0.75" in upper arm/bicep
0.25" in forearm
4.00" in waist
3.00" in abdomen
3.50" in hips
2.00" thighs
1.00" calves

WOO HOO! Doing my happy dance.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #35  
Optifast User

Weighed in today... Was nervous because I had a very busy week and wasn't able to walk nearly as much as I wanted.... But am down another 3.6lbs for a total of 33.0!

I wish I knew how to do a cartwheel.....
Old 06-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #36  
Optifast User

Forgot to post a very excited moment this weekend - -

While running errands with the hubby, I decided to face my fear and try on smaller jeans...

I started this program in size 20 jeans...and I am now in size 16 - COMFORTABLY!!! Not like a stuffed sausage

I quite literally squealed in the dressing room....my husband, "Is that good or bad?!"
I nearly shouted back "GOOD!"

The dressing room attendant laughed at me, I caved and decided to buy the jeans even though I know I will grow out of them....she was so happy for me she gave me 10% off!
Old 06-05-2014, 12:30 PM   #37  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Awwwww!!!! I'm over here smiling hard at your pants story!!! That is SO awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the GREAT work!! You are going to be at your goal before you know it!
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 262/156/140

Height: 5'2

Default I can feel your excitement!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! It's so great to read your journey...every non-gain is a win in my books. I went with Medi Weight Loss clinics a year ago and am currently down 107 lbs. I started out in size 22-24...which I've been most of my adult life. And every size that I "grew" out of, I was like, that's crazy, I haven't been that size since...1992! And now, I'm in sizes I've never seen as an adult 8-10 in pants and medium tops (sometimes, gasp, SMALL even!)

The biggest hurdle for me has been that I needed to face my food issues, why I was 262 lbs at 42 years old (I'm only 5'2.) Why was I driven to over indulge and make really poor food choices? When I discovered my why, the rest kind of feel into place. I'm not saying I didn't work my *** off, I did. It just didn't seem to be as much as leaping buildings in a single bound any more.

I wish you luck on your journey and remember you aren't alone. Be mindful and smile through it!
jpdcomm880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #39  
Optifast user

S/C/G: 263.2/236.0/160

Hi all! I have enjoyed reading all of the posts here - they are inspirational! I started the Optifast program 3 weeks ago and happy to say, I am down 18 pounds so far!! Some days are still tough, but I know I have to keep going - for me, for my two young boys, and for my husband.

nibog and others, congratulations on your successes! It is a long journey but we'll get there!

I too plan on keeping track of my journey here - this seems like a great place for support and motivation!!
Wannabechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #40  
Optifast User

Congrats!!! 18lbs is AMAZING!!!

I was scolded by my program leader - I was walking up to 5 miles a day (split up into 3 walks) and they said that was more exercise than the program allowed. I have to cap my daily walking at 2 miles now, with no more than 60 minutes of exercise. Poo. I was feeling REALLY good about my self....went from being a non-walker to being able to do 5 miles in a day was a huge achievement for me!

They said once I am transitioning back to food I can walk more but for now I need to cool it lol
Old 06-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #41  
Optifast user

5 miles a day is quite an accomplishment! You should feel PROUD! But I can understand them not wanting you to overdo it do while your calorie intake is so small.

Keep up the great work! :-)
Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #42  
Optifast User

Officially down 35lbs!

Small loss this week of 2.0lbs but it is the time of the month so they said it was a very good weight loss for an established period week.
"Established" meaning I am settled into the diet and I am no longer in the rhythm of large losses due to extra water weight so they are very happy with two pounds.

Also exciting, yet maybe tmi....my cycle is nearly regular now!!! Before this program I could go months with out a cycle, often having to use medication to induce a period after so long. This is now my second "natural" cycle (non medically induced!) so I am very happy! Well....as happy as a girl on her period can be!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #43  
Optifast user

Congratulations on 35 pounds lost!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

nibog,

You are doing so well and I am so happy for you!

Your posts give me hope and inspiration and also a few chuckles (the size 16 jean squeal).

Keep on truckin' girlie!

I get to start in 4 more weeks ... ... ...
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #45  
Optifast User

Yay! Excited for you =)

Start stocking up now on water bottles and sugar free flavored syrups and sugar free gum - the syrups have been a life saver the past couple weeks and definitely played a significant role in me not cheating/caving

Torani syrups, seems like a lot but give in and get an extra bottle or two to get the free shipping - these have definitely changed up my "vanilla, chocolate, vanilla, vanilla, chocolate" routine!

Flavors I have bought are Peanut Butter, Salted Caramel, S'mores, Raspberry, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Brown Sugar Cinnamon, White Chocolate, and Vanilla (hubby wanted it for his sodas)