Old 08-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

I agree...bring on the whooshes LOL

SeeMyFeet - What has been working for me is a calorie budget 500 lower than my resting metabolic rate and burning an average of 300-500 calories per day over the course of a week. As my name suggests, I'm hooked on Les Mills classes and they are more than capable of giving me that burn in under an hour. I get my best sweat on with BodyAttack and BodyCombat, plus the Combat class let's me punch out my imaginary target haha I do BodyPump and BodyFlow so I have a good mix of aerobic, strength training and stretching/balance workouts. At the moment I'm at a target of 1500 calories a day after having been at 1200 for a couple of months. The exercise has helped get my metabolism faster so now I can eat a little more. This is my 2nd week at the higher number and I didn't have a loss after the first week, but I also had 3 weeks with 3 or more lost so I was due for a no-change week as that's been my pattern since February. I fully expect a drop on Monday!

Long answer LOL but the short answer is eating better and exercising regularly
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #452  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Angihas2- Welcome back and you are losing well! Glad for you! and yep.. it is funny how age affects the body parts when we lose. When I ws younger.. I lost my chest first... this time its my hips and thighs (which is wonderful as I am a pear).. Onderland will be there REALLY Soon for you!

Welcome GARNET! Glad to have you here! I read alot of the other thread and you are doing GREAT! woohoo.. this thread will be short lived for you I think!

SeeMyFeet.. you really crack me up.. I love your words and your thought process! and Cataract surgery is easy peasy (both of my parents did it years ago and only use readers now and they are 79 & 83 years old!) You will be amazed and its outpatient surgery too! Back home and seeing the next day WOOHOO! 8% Cocoa (not cooked is the best!) I mix 1/4 cup of baking cocoa with 8 oz cream cheese and alittle splenda... kinda a soft Choc cheesecake and I eat it like Peanut butter as a treat! (I also eat Xocai chocolates that use uncooked cocoa ) Just a tip.. when you open the can.. don't sneeze! LOLOLOLOL

EASILY!..You are on your way back? I thought you were out there for a couple of weeks!?! I hope you have a safe and thrilling trip back to us!

LesMillslvr... You got it right! Moving and eating less.. yep...

Me.. getting closer to my low (210.6).. down to 212.0 even (at 6:00 am) .. but just weighed again and at 211.6... so happy dance here! I am so happy I started to lose weight over a year ago. Applying for jobs.. I don't feel that I will be judged as much when interviewing (sad that THAT is).. at least I won't be my own detriment this time around looking for a job!

HAPPY DAY ALL! and I have a job interview at 5:00 tonight! I am praying!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 278.8/194.3/145

Height: 5'7"

Walrus, you are SO VERY CLOSE! Good luck!

Easily, hahaha, I know just what you mean about feeling like you gained 20 lbs! Hope the bloat has left you.

Streudel, what a great loss! Congrats!

TooWicky, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Onederland, yay!!!

LacyT, sorry about the hormones.

SeeMyFeet, I'm sorry you're struggling. And I totally understand your analogy! Glad the appointments went well(ish).

Easily, you can do it! Bust on through!

WannaSkip, that is great advice, thank you! And that was a very short pity party! Well done.

Welcome, Garnet!!

Angi, my body is now post-(many)-baby, so it's an entirely different creature. No real advice.

As for me...doing ok. My mom turned 60 yesterday and it's been non-stoip celebrating for three days now. I've done GREAT but the scale is up today, so blah. Tonight is the last party, thank goodness.
DreamingSmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #454  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Sue, thank you for that! I'm hoping to avoid any hiccups and if I can manage that, I might just be able to cross into the Onederland thread by Thanksgiving. XD I'd be happy just to be there by Christmas!

My scale is a nut and I've had people praise my patience with it, but here's the weights for today: 216.8, 220.6, and 218.2 bringing today's average in at an unofficial 218.6 lbs. If it holds through tomorrow, it'll get recorded.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post

HAPPY DAY ALL! and I have a job interview at 5:00 tonight! I am praying!
Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #456  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Miracle of miracles, I’ve made it 3 whole days without coffee (with no corresponding increase in homicides in our area). Man, this must be what kicking a cigarette habit is like! I miss the act off making a hot cup of coffee and holding it in my hand….green tea is such a poor substitute.

Making progress on “the bloat”. It helped that the whole cantaloupe I ate for dinner the other day finally made it out of my system. Only 186 calories for a whole cantaloupe? Unbelievable! It was at the Absolute Perfect state of ripeness, and my eats for the day was just a salad. Still….a whole cantaloupe is a lotta food!

Easily
—love Vancouver…so jealous!

ooooLesMilr—I just remembered an old punching bag toy. I played with that more than my boys did! I’ll have to go dig it out. What fun! With that and my lonely hula hoop--I'll be living my 2nd childhood.

WooHoo WannaSkip! Way to find another horse to ride!! Here’s some reading to help you size up the competition (meh...you got this!): http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/workl...l?iref=24hours

Garnetrising—Is it really going to take us that long to get to OnderLand? Sigh…I’m so impatient!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #457  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Happy Friday all!

I had a good interview... I am hoping.. (we talked 2 hours) but I had a good interview with this company over a year ago and thought I had the job.. This time thoooooooooooo It just felt better and I would be replacing someone retiring.. so a better chance!... Still need prayers... Now I get to go to my old job to pick up my check and sign the papers from the boss (who wants to meet with me.. but won't give me a time to meet GGRRRRRR) saying that I have not stolen any company information. But its FRIDAY! and that is always a feel good day for me (and I hope to you all too)

Streudel.. I am so glad you posted.. I was wondering where you were! Doing Ok I hope??!! I bet you are!!

Dreaming... I tried to extend the pity party.. but realized that I did not Want to have to relose even more lbs! That thinking just stopped me this time and going on job interviews looking my best also kicked my arse!

Thank you SeeMyFeet those comments people actually made - made me laugh! LOL at least I don't say those things! LOL But also looking like you are too anxious (ME) is ny trouble!

Hey Jessica.. you made it here.. so yep.. you can make it to Onderland.. YES you can! We all will do it together! as it is a WONDERFUL and awesome goal to achieve!
Oh.. I have made it back to 211.4.... just shy of my all time low.. which will occur again.. hhhmmm in a day or 2 I think!

Happy day to you all... Dance, smile and LAUGH alot today!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #458  
Jessica, Becoming Me

So today, 218.6 lbs got recorded. Of course, my scale kept giving me 217.2 lbs over and over but I'm not about to put that in the record book as official yet, either. I know Tuesday's like to shoot back up and I don't want to set myself up to feel like a sad panda. In other news, the scale did also show me both 214.0 and 215.0 lbs the first and second time I stepped on. Every time after that was 217.2 lbs.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #459  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

7/15 = 210.5
7/22 = 210.1
7/29 = 209.8 !!! !!!
August 5 = 209.4
Aug 12 = 208.9
8/15 = 208.8
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #460  
Jessica, Becoming Me

You're doing so awesome, AAD!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #461  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetrising View Post
You're doing so awesome, AAD!
Thank you Jessica!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #462  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

7/22 = 210.1
7/29 = 209.8 !!! !!!
August 5 = 209.4
Aug 12 = 208.9
8/15 = 208.8
8/20 = 208.5
Old 08-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

New month, new week same weight - 212 same determination - to hit ONEderland!! Where are my whooshes?
kittystarlight is offline   Reply With Quote