Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #76  
Mum of 3G

S/C/G: 280/275.2/199

Height: 5'5"

Ya hoo...my first weigh in today and I was down!!! I talked to a WW leader and she said because of the amount my baby had been nursing I had to make extra sure to be eating all my points everyday. So yesterday I ate them all and lost!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #77  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

VGibs way to GO It's funny to me how we can eat higher calories and still lose. The body is so interesting. But that is also why I like to calorie cycle. I just don't have to time to plan with it like I use to.

Ladies I weighed in at 180.8 this morning. Oh my goodness … that number truly made me smile. I stepped on the scale twice before my shower and once after, same number
Old 11-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 267.8/252.2/160

Height: 5'10"

Congrats Reenie, VGib & akelly!! that's awesome.

Well, I got discouraged, I cried, I fell of my plan (with reason) and I'm moving on. I'm seeing a pattern emerge. I weight every day and when I see something I don't like, I feel horrible and comfort myself with food. This is counterproductive. I decided I will from now on only weight once a week, On Mondays, since it corresponds with the Christmas challenge weight in. I will keep focused on remaining on plan, which should help in keeping from the emotional roller coaster relationship my scale and I are in.

Last edited by dolphin9006; 11-13-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #79  
Operation Less Fluffy

I would like to join you all. I am feeling a bit lost now that I have quit daily weigh ins. I need the daily check in and accountability for my plan so this should be a good fit for me without the love/hate relationship of my scale.

Dolphin Believe me, I feel you on the scale roller coaster. I have been on this ride most of my life.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #80  
~Rennie

dolphin, do what feels right for you and what makes you happy. Me personally unless my daughter throws my morning off, I am on that scale as soon as I pee. If the number isn't one that I like I get on it a few times more (if I have time). If the number is shocking like today, I get on it a few more times just to make sure it's right … yes I am a scale junkie. When I was a SAHM I weighed all day. It was crazy. I'm glad I can't do that anymore

rebelle to the thread
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #81  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Had a very bad night last night food wise. I ate great all day but left for the hotel (I work out of town each week) and was in pretty good spirits to workout. By the time I got to the hotel, I was freezing, hungry, and wanted to just in the bed and watch tv. So I ordered room service and did just that....

Kicking myself mentally and physically....but I have got to accept it and move on. Silver lining: Several weeks ago I never would have this much guilt over going off plan, that has to show progress, right??
Old 11-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #82  
Operation Less Fluffy

Afternoon everyone!

Thank you Rennie for the welcome! I appreciate it.

Akelly, traveling is the worse! I went through something similar a few weeks ago and it is hard enough to stay on plan when you are at your home base. It also takes alot out of you and there is plenty of time for you to make up for that missed workout when you are feeling up to it. Don't beat yourself up too bad.

As for me, I'm still staying away from the scale and sticking to my plan. I got my water and exercise in yesterday and was below my calorie range.

Have a great one!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #83  

My addiction to the scale runs deep too. 2 days in and I already caved in! Thankfully it was for some good news. I will make sure to stay away from it the next few days.

I have lunch with a friend tomorrow and I'm a little worried. I don't want to go over my calories and I don't know how possible it will be.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #84  
~Rennie

akelly that is my problem sometimes. I do well all day and then the evening hits and I'm tired and hungry. I've always admired your ability to stay on plan as much as you travel, so don't beat yourself up. and like you said a several weeks ago you would not have thought about it and now it matters. for you, You're getting it all in line

rebelle, I've got to work harder at getting all of my water in. Especially today. I made or should I say enhanced some cream of crab soup and the clam juice has 100mg of sodium per tablespoon So gotta get the water today for sure

dolphin, do you know where you are having lunch? If so, check out there menu on line and when you get there don't even look at the menu. Order what you planned in your calorie range and voila you are good to go

I stayed the same today. Calories were up yesterday so thank goodness I got my walk in. Better luck with tomorrows weigh in. Maybe that beautiful 7 will show up for me

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #85  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Today, I'm back at my weigh-in for last week, with weigh-in for this week tomorrow. I'm really hoping to see a woosh, even though TOM has started today. Next week, I don't plan on eating more than 5-10 of my Weekly Points - hoping to get a good loss before Thanksgiving (although probably not going to hit 6 more lbs.)
Old 11-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #86  

I'm going to a vegetarian restaurant who have a policy of not giving their calorie info. We are having a late lunch so I'm going to have a very light breakfast and make it a lunch/dinner meal. Their veggie burger is super yummy and filling. Hopefully, it's okay!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #87  

Pupmom- try not to worry too much, you'll get your woosh!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 315.1/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 7"

I started the C25K program last night and..... I FRIGGIN DID IT! I am so proud of myself! BTW - I wanted to say you all rock! Look how well we are doing trying to stay on track!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #89  
Operation Less Fluffy

Dolphin, I hear you on the scale. It has been tough for me not weighing and especially today because even when I wasn't weighing daily, I always weighed on Fridays for most of my life. I hope you enjoy your lunch and I know you will do great!

Rennie, I have an 18 cup Pur water filtration system in my fridge and I fill that bad boy up almost every day. I have always been a water person, but I love the taste of it thru my Pur. Congrats on maintaining!

PupMom, I am sure you'll get the whoosh in a day or two! Mine usually hits around Day 3 or 4.

Therecoveringfatchic, way to go on starting the C25K program! Woohoo! You rock!!!

As for me, I'm still chugging along on plan and came <--> this close to weighing, but said nope...not gonna.

Feeling a little heartburn from my weekly latte. Must be the guilt over the sugar. With my new tweaking of my plan, I am trying to not be so restrictive and really make this a lifestyle instead of a diet. It is going to take some getting used to. Whatever it takes to stay on track. I am going to have my first potato in months today. Should be interesting, but the potassium will probably be good for me. I look forward to eating something new instead of the same 'ol protein and veggies that has kept me at a turtle's pace for months now.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #90  
~Rennie

PUPMOM5, hoping for a nice whoosh for ya I really want to be 175 by Thanksgiving and if I can just stop snacking I may just see it.

dolphin I'm sure you'll do fine Enjoy

therecovering WTG on starting C25K, you ROCK

rebelle I usually do well also. But with diabetes and often times not eating like I should I go to the bathroom often and that's not so easy at work. So unless I have a mostly protein day which is what I should be doing anyway, I just try to not to drink more than 3 bottles at work. Then I have to worry about the ride home and accidents on the highway and finding a bathroom in the dark. I'm pretty ok at home Enjoy your potato

I had some baked beans and a half beef frank when I got home (because that is what my son had prepared after school for himself and didn't finish.) I only ate ¾ cup. Feeling good about that. But earlier I ate an entire bag 3¾ oz of Cheetos and 5 vegetable crackers. I went over calories by 337 (but I will walk them off no problem) the sodium is what is the killer here … over by 1602mg that is a ton of sodium. MFP sure does put things in perspective for ya. I've also been spotting for the past 3 days on and off so I think that is the reason for my off eating here and there. These times make me look forward to TOM coming and of course going

Well have a good evening everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 11-15-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Closed Thread