Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #16  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

It's still raining here also. My Mom, her husband, an aunt and my daughter are on their way from up there. I can't wait to see my daughter. She and her husband moved back up that way the end of Feb. We facetime which is great but I can't wait to give her a tight squeeze

Joy Another congratulations to your daughter She's busy.

We moved here too late for the boys to get into anything this school year but I know they are interested in doing sports. The middle boy is going to Clement Early College at Central University and it is not recommended that they do any sports the first year because of their homework load and just transitioning from middle school to this school. He was a little disappointed but he'll figure out if he can handle everything or not. The 2013-2014 school year is gonna be anew for all of them as well as me of course. Kids are great, they make life fun! I'm so proud of them

Weigh in this morning 194.6 I'm sure it would have been better but I only got 4 hours of sleep. My great kids didn't do half of what I asked them to do so it had to be done before my family arrives. Well off to work I go.

Have a great day all

Kris, Ona and Sam hope to see you all on the thread soon

Last edited by love2b150; 06-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #17  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Hi
Been a hectic week at work. Just been doing my thing. Hit the gym hard- been every day, burning at least 1000 calories each time. Scale does not show any change, but I feel strong and determined, which is a good feeling. I know I want to get the lbs off that I gained, but I'm not sure I want to go as low as 155. I look back at photos and I did seem a bit thin. So going to keep plodding on and hope that good eating and exercise will help me.
Hope you girls are all ok and happy. Have a lovely sunday
Old 06-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Rennie!!!!! so happy to see you here! And Sam!!!

Wow, it's been a long time since I logged into 3FC and I have to admit, I was a bit scared of not seeing anyone I know... I think I may join you ladies in this thread if that's okay (even though I'm not from NOVA, lol). It'll just be nice to be "around" some people who "know" me, if you know what I mean.

I'm having a really really hard time getting motivated and finding the time to eat right and workout ever since I had the baby, but holy snap he's almost 5 months! I know that I really really want to have lost a significant amount of weight by the time I go back to work next January, but I also know that it'll never happen if I don't make some changes. I'm hoping that by coming back to 3FC, it'll force me to be accountable to myself and to those I chat with. In hindsight, perhaps that's why I haven't come back sooner... Maybe I wasn't ready to be accountable yet. But enough is enough, gotta get it done! So yay for finding old friends, I hope that surrounding myself with people who are trying to lose weight will inspire me to keep trucking along, no matter how long or slow the journey may seem.

Oh and I was at 201.5 this morning.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #19  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies~
Kukkie welcome and good luck and congrats on the new baby.
The rain has finally stopped but calling for 20-40% chance all week. Hoping to get the yard work done today but ive got a toothache thats trying to get the best of me so looks like ill be calling the dentist tomorrow, ive got some dental work i want/need to have done anyway so guess now is as good a time as any. Have a great day yall!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #20  
~Rennie

Sam I remember 165 for me and I really liked the way I looked. I already chose my username so I'll stick with it and on myfitnesspal I'm love to be 136 because that is the site and some other calorie counting site said would be the ideal weight for my height but I remember before I got pregnant with Chelle. Looking at those pictures I was really thin and I don't want to be that small or even that close to it. When is the last time you checked your measurements? You've been doing really well so even though the scale isn't moving the inches may be going down. Just a thought

OH MY GOODNESS KUKKIE, It's great to see you. I know what you mean on finding old friends. I wanted to go back where Diana is but I really like this small thread. Oh and a BIG BIG to you. Coondocks, Aimee, Vixsin, Angie, Jaime, Gale and a few others are all on FB (I don't get on there often, and when I do I don't post I just read). I don't know that they'll come back to 3FC. Some of them are with me on myfitnesspal which I don't go on as often as I should. I sent everyone a PM on here when I first came back that's how Joy and I met. Kris, Onaand Sam were the only three to actually join back in and Amanda came in for a period. And LOL NoVa is in the title hoping to get some of my old friends from home to join in that haven't yet. Well I've talked enough as you well know I can. Please do continue to pop in and CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN ON YOUR BUNDLE OF JOY Oh I don't know the last time we talked. Chelle got married last June. And we all moved to NC but she and her hubby moved back to NOVA.

Joy sorry about the toothache. I have a bunch of loose teeth at the bottom, 3 to be exact. I don't have dental insurance but my Aunt told me about some dental school so I'll try to get my mouth worked on there when I get time. hope you got the yard work done and your tooth feels better soon

Well my weight this weekend has done what it has been doing all week. I weighed in at 195.2 this morning. Which is great since Chelle and my Mom came for a visit. My Mom is still here. We met Chelle's hubby in Richmond since that was a halfway point for us because she and I both have to get up early in the a.m. It was nice having my baby home for two days. I ate a lot of food but it wasn't anything unhealthy really just the times that I was eating it. Hoping for not too bad of a weigh in later on this morning. I hope we all see some loss this month. Like you said Joy, something is better than a gain.

Ona and Kris missing you Lady's

Last edited by love2b150; 06-10-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #21  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies~
Its a rainy monday morning here in va and ive got a lot of things to do and no umph to do any of it. Ive got calls to make and errands to run and my tooth is still bugging me. Im hoping the free clinic i go to/work at have some kind of ties with a dentist office since i dont have any ins. at all either.
This is the last week of school here and all 3 days are 1/2 days so my regular schedule will be out of sync so ill just have to roll with it and try not to lose track til i can get into a new summer routine. Have a good day yall.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #22  
~Rennie

Last Friday was the last day of school down here. And today I got calls and text about each child acting up, all tattling on each other. Oh the joys of Motherhood and I am still listening to them now, smh It has rained off and on here all day and when it rains it pours you can barely see the road. I'm sure the farmers are happy.

I am tired today thanks to getting in late and then staying up late. Hope to get to sleep a little later tomorrow.

Weight is up .6 to 195.8 and TOM is coming so I don't expect it to go down.
Hope you all had a great day
Old 06-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #23  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

omg....I've been gone so long. HELLOOOO RENNIE!!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #24  
~Rennie

Hey Amanda how are you? How did your run go? Good to see you
Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #25  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

everybody.. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile just down right been so busy with Mother,The French Open going on..ya'll know I'm really into tennis ..trying to exercise and fighting w/the Insurance Co. still.. about my roof Thank God isn't all settled now and I should have a new Roof by the end of the month.

I'm holding it in the road you might say.Make a huge step yesterday and braved the scale..sigh... WI @ 189.6 ..it is what it is.

WI today @ 188.8. Dranked more water yesterday.I know I'm retaining alot of sodium. Wish i would have never stoped weighing-in everyday but it's a lesson learned. I always need to stay close to a scale. Thinking that i don't need to WI or don't want to know is just wrong for me.

I'll just keep on fighting,know what I did wrong and will continue to reinforce my new way of eating lifestyle that will keep me healthy and happy.

Hay KuKKie and Aka It just warms my heart to see ya'll

We have been through this weight loss journey together for so long and like family together we have done this before and will get to where we want to be again

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-11-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #26  
One Day At A Time

Hay Rennie Just reading back.I didn't know your DD had gotten Married...wow..time does fly and alot of the old gang is on FB huh..wish they were here.Really miss Angie too.I understand what you're talking about on the thread were Diana is.I really like her and what to be around her but there are so many people over there,it's hard to keep up w/everybody
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #27  
I Will do this....

Hey my lovelies.
Wanted to share with you a conversation I had with a colleague. She is very beautiful, but weighs 198lbs . She has gained 22lbs since september last year and feels awful. I have also gained 30lbs in the last 2 years since I reached goal. I have stressed myself into a cortisol nightmare over this regain. But when she was talking about hers, all I could see was a beautiful, healthy looking woman. Go figure- I could see it for her, but nor for me ?? Have seriously got to re-assess how i look at myself, and others.
Rennie - am holding steady, don't seem to be able to lose any despite burning 1000's of calories at the gym and making good food choices. I think my body is fed up with being deprived, and likes my new way of eating. who knows. I guess I just need some mental training on this one.
Ona - well done. Stepping on the scale and facing it is the hardest part. You have done such an amazing job to get to where you are. You are an inspiration to so many, and should remember this daily.
Oh hark at me sounding so sure. the regan has nearly destroyed me lately, but I am trying to work my way through, and most of all understand.
Take care ladies
Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #28  
One Day At A Time

Oh, don't beat yourself up over it to much Sam you caught yourself before your weight got too much outta control and is working hard.Like they say,we didn't put it on over night so it just takes time to get it off

Are you sure you're eating enough to compensate for what your burning? that could be something to think about.

I just had to face it and see what I'm working with.Thank you I really appreciate that cause my life(mentality) has been turned upside down cause of Mother lately. I have to continue to pray and read alot of inspirational/ motivational stuff to keep myself in order but I'm glad to know that I can help someone.

You're back focused,know how easy it is to gain now,learned from it and will never be the same weight you started so the only place for your weight to go now is downward.

We are our own worse enemy sometimes.You have so much going for you.you'll lose that before Christmas.

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-11-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #29  
I Will do this....

Thanks On a. You are very wise, and logically I know you are right. Mentally I look in the mirror and see 300lbs. It has to stop before that attitude makes me 300lbs !!
I thought weight loss was all about eating well and exercising. I now know it's got such a lot to do with mental focus. Thats why people get derailed. Just my opinion.
Off to work- finishing early and hitting the gym! Yeeha!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies,

Yesterday I hit 199.9 and was so excited to have been on the edge of Onederland. Alas, this morning I was 200.6 again.

Rennie did we have a FB group that I forgot about?? Oh my goodness, your baby finally got married?! It feels like forever ago that you were telling us she got engaged. You know, I checked out the original group and saw Diana, but there were soo many people that I just didn't know and to be honest, I felt a bit intimidated by it. I really wanted to surround myself with people that I had already been on this journey with. Not that I'm not willing to meet new people, but I guess it's familiar.

Sam isn't it crazy how we can see the positives for others and yet be so hard on ourselves? I too need to re-assess how I'm looking at myself. Right there with ya!

Ona Hey lady! Eek, fighting with the insurance company is never fun. I hope things work out for you. I'm sure you must have been thrilled with Rafa winning! What a match he had with Novak Djokovic in the semis!!!!!

Amanda and Joy
Closed Thread