Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Great news Ophelia!! Onwards and downwards.
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #32  

IMHO: If he doesn't like what you're bringing into the house--tell HIM to go shopping next time.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #33  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
Good news. I ended up telling him that I felt his stance on the issue made me feel like my health wasn't worth a couple extra bucks in the grocery line and that a small investment in my health through diet would be a much more cost-efficient approach than to pay for expensive cures and treatments to future health-related ailments. At the time of our talking about it, he told me I was being silly and that I didn't see what he meant. However, today, it seemed like he'd actually given it some thought and saw what I was really saying. He even went grocery shopping with me today -- without argument! And, while we were there, he said that he wanted to start eating healthier too and gave me a hug. This was such a different experience, because it's almost always a tense affair to go shopping with him, but he was much more laid-back about it today and seemed to be much more understanding.

Hopefully, this is a better beginning to a healthier future for all of us and not just me. Either way, it helped me to see that he was trying to make up for his error in judgement, and I thanked him for it.

I also want to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice on this issue. I know it will be an ongoing process to get him more comfortable with these changes until we get it all settled, so I will continue to be mindful of all the tips and words of encouragement I have been given. A lot of good stuff here!

Glad he's more on board now.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #34  

Height: 5'2"

I am so glad that you were able to start working this out with him! Maybe his initial "picking" was just a defensive mechanism because he saw that you were making changes that he himself wasn't yet ready to make. I hope that the two of you are able to live a healthier life together for a long, long time.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote