Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default Biggest Loser - Season 14

So the first show has been aired what were your impressions? Have a favorite yet? Do you think the children were handled properly for their age? What was up with that chick who just left?
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW: 260 Restart: 230/223/223.8

Height: 5'6

I dont have a favorite, yet. And I liked the way the children were handled, but jillian is fierce, I've never seen her quite like this. as for the chick who just left i have no clue.
Brandibooxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #3  

The chick that left said she had problems with bulimia in the past and she just wasn't ready for it. Too bad she didn't figure that out before she was given a place someone else could have used.

I think the children will do fine. They are motivated and off to a good start.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I agree about the contestant who left, I was irritated she took the place of someone who would have benefited more from the show. I am glad she left if she knew it would be bad for her though. I don't know, mixed feelings.

I do think the children were handled well.

Before I say anything else about Jillian, I love her, think she's great, always been a fan. BUT I thought she was over the top on this episode. I don't doubt perhaps she was guided to be a little extra vicious for the ratings and all that, but yikes, I rarely feel sorry for the contestants because they know what they're signing up for, but I did feel bad for that white team! She was down right mean a few times. Harsh, honest, and a little brutal I don't mind one bit, but when it just seems cruel it kind bugs me. It's a reality show though, so who knows how much she kind of apologizes for off camera, or if the contestants are kind of given a heads up that she is going to be super over the top the first week.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #5  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Ive always been a fan of Jillian...BUT...I was put off with how she was acting last night. Telling people to get out of her gym?? Im sure their whole lives, they have felt not good enough, and then the person that is there to help, dismisses you? I'm hoping it was just for the show, but I felt terrible for the white team!!

I loved the kids, I thought they were handed well.

As for the girl that left...it bugged me that she took a place of someone else. I wish she would have thought about it before signing up. I was totally rooting for her too, when I saw her with her hubby at home, but now im just upset , lol

Ive decided to not have a favorite this season. I always have a fav, then they get voted off and I get SOOO mad, that I want to stop watching the show. I hate how the show turns (alot, not all) of the people, into sneaky people :/ I wish the show was how it was last night..below the red line and you are OUT! It would get rid of alot of the sneakiness and picking sides..work your butt off and you stay! Seems simple to me, lol
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5

I like the red line too. Though everyone is going to have a bad week now and then.

Jillian didn't seem tough and demanding to me last night, she seemed abusive and mean.

I looked for the forums on the official nbc site today and they seem to be gone.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote