Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 02:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i lost a pound.

but i am REALLY happy about this pound because i have been up and down 3 pounds forever and i finaly lost a pound i hadn't lost before. i call it a virgin pound.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:43 PM   #17  

Oh my god, I am so excited today! I'm actually bouncing off the walls!!! I started TOM Friday so I checked my weight Sunday to get an idea of what it was after losing the water I had been retaining, it was 243. Today is weigh in day and I weigh 238!!!!!!!! Last wednesday I weighed 248, so about 5 lbs of that was water from PMS but another 5 disappeared too!! I am so excited I don't know what to do. After a month of only losing 3 lbs and working my butt off to do it to have lost like this in a week and I haven't even exercised for 3 days!!!!!!! OMG, I just don't know what to do with myself today, I just sit and grin!!

I had been doing low fat and not losing! I was only eating 1200 - 1400 cal/day. So I talked to my Dr. and her response was .... Girl I'm amazed you haven't gained, with a hypothyroid you shouldn't be doing low fat, you should be doing low carbs!!

OKKKKKKKKKKK, so I switched to a low carb on the April 2 but I was very skeptical because it went against everything I was always told. Now I don't know what to think but I'm sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #18  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Way to go Elaine!!!

I am in a similier situation...
I am hypothyroid- but I took myself off my meds because I wasn't seeing ANY difference.

I started exercising (on a regular basis) about 6 weeks ago. I've been burning some good calories.

About 3 weeks ago I really started watching my calories... sure, not everyday is great, plus last weekend I went away. But I've gained weight!

Do you think it could be the low fat/who cares how many carbs I eat diet?

Dana
(who weights in tomorrow morning)
Old 04-09-2003, 10:49 PM   #19  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Dana - Especially if you are lifting weights, I would bet you money that your weight gain is muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat but it takes more energy to maintain and therefore burns more calories. Try measuring and weighing to get an accurate picture of your progress.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:28 PM   #20  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hey there, Karla B! I don't think there's really any deep, dark secret. I keep to 1200-1600 calories a day pretty much. It's just taking it one day at a time, one pound at a time. You will be so excited when you get to 199! It's a great feeling. I wish that for you soon!!!!!

Congrats on all the weight loss this week to all who have posted here this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 12:24 AM   #21  

Dana

I second what Jennelle said check your measurements but keep an eye on everything else. When I started (low fat) I lost real fast for about a month then the loss stopped. I thought I hit a plateau but then I started to gain a couple and lose a couple. I was constantly fighting the same couple of pounds for 2 months! You have to realize I was walking 2.4 miles 4 times a week and 1.2 miles was up a fairly steep hill. (hehehe, it was the only way to get back home!) the other 3 days I did conditioning exercises.
I was really getting disgusted and ready to quit. She opened my eyes to a lot of wrong ideas I had about "low fat/who cares how many carbs I eat diet". I'm not a true believer in low carbs yet, the old teachings are hard to let go but I'm trying it with a we'll see what happens to my cholesterol attitude. According to the Dr. this will not raise it and should even lower my triglyceride levels, like I said we'll see!
Old 04-10-2003, 02:10 AM   #22  

With the three pounds I took off this week, I also lost an inch in the waist and three in the boobs....but the hips are still hanging on-for now!

Total Loss since 3/1/03: 22 pounds

Starting Dress Size: 30/32, 4X-5X

Present Size: 22/24, 2X-3X
Old 04-10-2003, 07:54 AM   #23  

Default weigh in...

Hi,
I'm up about half to one pound...but I'm amazed it isn't more. I've been sitting around jury duty and eating like a pig.

I'm back to work today, and back on track. Did my two mile walk away the pounds with weights workout this morning (thirty minutes) and had wheat toast w/lowfat cottage cheese for breakfast.

I measured myself today, and since starting, I've lost a total of EIGHT inches off my hips and waist. I never bothered measuring my upper arms or thighs. I wish I had done that when I started.

I'm hypothyroid too. I've never done low carb, and I still lose weight. I think it's the exercise that makes a HUGE difference. If I weren't exercising, I would have gained at least four pounds with the way I've eaten the last week.

I do mainly stick to healthy carbs-whole grain ones. I do eat regular pasta, but not very often.

I can't wait to get under 220. I"m trying to get back to the weight I was before I got pregnant. Due to post partum depression, I gained a ton of weight after giving birth.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 04-10-2003, 09:01 AM   #24  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

gained 1 lb this week...
but I did have fun last weekend!
Old 04-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #25  
Jo
Catatonic

Maintained this week. I'm Ok with that -- it's better than a gain.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:33 AM   #26  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Congratulations everyone!! You are doing so great!!!

I had a crazy morning on Monday and forgot to weigh in - and now I am hiding from the scale.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:45 PM   #27  

I maintained this week due to my impending weekend of torture(you know the one...where the mac truck drives around in your uterus and you want to strangle the postal carrier because she accidentally put the top letter upside down).

Peace,
Paula
Old 04-11-2003, 09:11 AM   #28  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Paula - LMAO - your cracking me up!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 10:21 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Can I join too?

I was just reading the tread and I'm so impressed by all of your accomplishments.

I'm back at WW - again. Everytime I join, I weigh more than I did when I left. This time I'm going to do it!!!

While I reading all of your posts, I realize that I too, started with almost exactly 100 pounds to lose. While, it's hard to fathom, reading all of your posts makes me think that I can do it!

I had a 2 pound loss last week, my first week back. I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow to see how I did. I was on track all week, counting my points and I'm going to the gym today after work.

Good Luck everyone!

Last edited by BethC; 04-11-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:16 AM   #30  

Welcome back Beth!! Last week was my first week as well and I too have those 100 pesky pounds to lose. I weigh in today in about 2 hours and I am so hungry that I could eat my right arm off right now. But I will make it. I will let you all know how I did. My home scale this morning put me at a 3lb loss so I am excited to see.
Closed Thread