Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #466  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

thistoo thinking of you today during your ct. the whole 30 thing sounds interesting! want a buddy to do it with you?
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #467  

What is a TOM?
chikittita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #468  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Thistoo. Yea, I want to know more about the whole 30 too.

Dgramie. I am struggling too. We can stick together. What are you struggling with? Share so we can help.

My TOM is so stupid. Gained 3 pounds and I know it is just supposed to fall off but it doesn't. I ate cake for breakfast 2 days in a row and went crazy with the food over the weekend. We are going out to dinner for my sons birthday tonight and he wants to go to this all you can eat place. I am just going to stay close to the salad table. When I go to one of these places I go crazy and think I need to get my money's worth. This is so stupid. A fifteen dollar salad is okay I just need to let it go. Wow, maybe this is a breakthrough, we shall see.

Have a great OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #469  
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikittita View Post
What is a TOM?
Time of the month. Nice nickname huh?!?! It makes me laugh.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #470  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

yeah, I always thought TOM was funny too. I can't decide if mine is skipping this month or will just be really late, but right now my body is behaving as if we're over the TOM hump.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 272.2/261.4/140

Height: 5' 4 3/4"

Small world Justwant2bhealthy! Love your snack ideas.
Today I met a friend for lunch and had such a good time. She is a health concious vegetarian so staying OP was a breeze. I had roasted red pepper hummus with veggies and a few pita chips. My husband is meeting a buddy for dinner and I'm having him bring something home for me if he goes somewhere with healthy options. Work is kicking my heiny right now, but I'll survive! Hope everyone is having an awesome OP day!
Tande784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

thistoo hm. thanks for letting me know about that. i don't think i've drastically changed my diet that much but that could be it. i know i've had a lot of stress lately too and perhaps that's it? i'm also curious about the 30 day plan! especially since you don't weigh yourself. i go crazy waiting 3 days to weigh myself though...

been staying on plan really well for the last week and a half now. i'm proud of myself. last night i went to a concert and when i would usually get alcohol, i just had water

tomorrow is a friend's birthday though so i hope i can get away with just water. friday is a baseball game so i'm just going to try to eat dinner before that.
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #473  

Height: 5'7"

I was struggling with just being hungry in general. Tom is evil!! I did much better yesterday and was able to stick to my plan. I even got in a few hours of physical labor outside. I am sad but my azela had died back to nothing and I had to cut it down. I left some of the trunks so it can put back out if it wants too. It was huge at least 8ft across by about 4 foot tall.
Scales are moving back down.

oh i cooked carrots for dinner and hubby asked for seconds...he hates most veggies. I used the silver can of baby carrots and added a bit of light butter and some brown sugar splenda to them. YUM
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #474  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

My eating has not been very good this past week or so. Its TOM and I have the constant munchies, and I have been giving in to them. And I haven't been exercising. I'm not very happy with myself.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #475  
Funky

Went to all you can eat dinner last night and tried to stay with protein and salad but had some lemon pie too. So good!! Well new day again. It seems that it is a restart day everyday. My track record is very sad lately. I am at 222 up 1.5 bs since last week. TOM is over but I have caught a terrible cold from my kids after the first week at school. It is amazing how fast sickness spreads. I am obsessive about washing my hands but I can not say the same about my oldest. I don't get it, my second son is awesome about washing up but his brother always has to be reminded.

Thistoo love to hear about the CT results.

It seems everyone is in the same boat. You would think with Fall approaching that we would be better prepared after a summer OP. But it seems a better restart needs to happen for me. I want to be at 216 by the end of the month, that will make 20 gone since May. It has been slow but it has been going down at least.

Well have a great OP day everyone. Funky
Old 08-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #476  

Hola!!!

Hey I'm new. I'm just starting to get a feel for what's going on these boards. I've regain 50lbs that I lost prior to starting college and I want to lose them again. How does this board work? Do I post my goals, how much weight I've lost, or what?
violetlioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #477  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

VIOLET ~ you can post anything you want to in this thread -- your goals, your thoughts, your tips & ideas, etc.

FUNKY ~ that's OK -- at least you restart; in time, you will get better and better at this. On occasion, I eat less earlier or for dinner so I may have an occasional piece of pie; and I'm still losing. It helps to be realistic in this journey. Every child is different; each having their own strengths & weaknesses, but they are equally charming & lovable, no? They say schools & hospitals are breeding grounds for colds & flues. Hope your cold goes away soon.

To those struggling with TOM visiting; just keep on going. As soon as he's gone, things will fall into place again. It's the big picture that matters more (over the whole month I mean; that's what a doctor told me once -- I think he was right).

It's really humid here today; in the low 90's F right now, but the humidity makes it feel worse. Thankfully, the nights are cooling down nicely. Eating is going well, but have been a bit hungry, so I tweaked my plan to make sure I could have a little more for my afternoon snack to offset that.

Have a wonderful OP (on plan) Friday everyone; one-day-at-a-time, ladies ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-30-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #478  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain mama View Post
thistoo thinking of you today during your ct. the whole 30 thing sounds interesting! want a buddy to do it with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseToAll View Post
Thistoo. Yea, I want to know more about the whole 30 too.
I think it's okay to link to the Whole 30 site: Whole 30 is basically a super-strict version of the Paleo diet. I have done it once before with pretty good results; sometime earlier this year (February? I forget) I lost around 15 pounds in the 30 days. Of course I didn't stay off the scale like they tell you to, and I'm failing at it this time around too, but that's okay.

The gist is that you can't eat any dairy, sweeteners (even artificial), grains, sugar, legumes (including peanuts), alcohol, or starchy vegetables for 30 days. It's quite effective, but really hard to stick with. The worst for me is chocolate and wine. I'm on day 3, I think, and I already really miss wine. Basically you're spending 30 days eating only whole foods.

Anyway, if you're up for the challenge, look over the site and join me! It's tough, but effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicedbreadbox View Post
thistoo hm. thanks for letting me know about that. i don't think i've drastically changed my diet that much but that could be it. i know i've had a lot of stress lately too and perhaps that's it?
Stress could definitely be the culprit! I hope your cycle straightens out soon, whatever the cause. It's no fun, getting surprise TOM all the time (I always start to type 'period' and have to stop and change it to TOM. All these years later it still looks funny to me too!)

dgramie, sorry about your azalea! I lost mine this year too, but yours sounds like it was much more established.

violetlioness, welcome!

I hope everyone's having a great week. I've been playing catch-up at work, but my heart's not in it. Too bad for me! My CT scan went fine, though I won't get the results until next week when I go back to the surgeon *again*. He's on vacation this week. I'm about to head out for another allergy shot. I know they'll help in the long run, but I'm pretty sure right now they're making my symptoms worse.

Last edited by thistoo; 08-30-2012 at 06:54 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #479  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Update: Yeah, I totally got on the scale when I got home from work. I weighed exactly the same as I did this morning (199.6) which means my weight will probably be 197.something tomorrow morning. That's encouraging.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #480  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you all are getting ready to have a healthy holiday weekend!

I know I said I wasn't going to get on the scale and weigh myself until sept 1 but I gave into the temptation and did it....I figured I would be somewhere in the high 170's or possibly 180's but I was only 171.2 so I am super happy and excited!! My hard work has paid off and this time I am going to make sure i get to my goal!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote