Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies... got through the SB party well... along with a very stressful week. However... last night I gave into my cravings for chocolate and had some chocolate milk... then crackers....then extra bread I am planning for a healthy day today!

I am getting some nervous about my gallbladder surgery next week. It's not the surgery.. it's the thought of gaining any weight back. I've read that some folks gain weight after...others don't. I'll have to take it a day at a time.

MJ - sorry about that water retention. At least you know it's not 'real weight' from fat or muscle. Glad you enjoyed your restful day.

Dewitt- yep... hop right back on your plan and you'll be fine.

Have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #17  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys, I'm back again. You ladies are so consistent. It's comforting that you are always here, kicking butt as usual.

Unfortunately over the holidays I gained back some of the weight I lost, all the way up to 315. I've since lost a few pounds but nothing major. The scale was 312 this morning.

I had a gyno appointment today... She said everything looked good and my BP was good. I think she said 123/74, but she said it kind of fast so I am not 100% sure. I was very pleased that it was normal, I had my doubts due to the weight gain and thinking perhaps I am not very healthy at all. However, I am starting to realize that I am young and have a lot of stamania so I don't know why I am so negative...

Anyway, I have health insurance now so I am shopping for a primary doctor. I want to get some baseline tests done - blood sugar, cholesterol, thyroid, etc. basically, I am terrified of what I will find out, but after my appointment today I am feeling fairly confidient. But we'll see.

Today was good, I exercised for about a hour, came in under my calories today, and feeling pretty jazzed at any rate

Last edited by rakel; 02-06-2012 at 09:50 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #18  
is recommitted

Beverly- I'm sure you will do great post-op I'm not sure how it effects your exercise regimen at all, but hang in there! We know you can do it!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #19  

Hi chicks! Yesterday was mostly healthy. Once again I ate extra in the evening. I need to 'nip this in the bud' as they say. I will work very very hard tonight on NOT eating after 7:30.

I went to see my aunt in hospice yesterday. She was having a good day - we had a wonderful visit. I am grateful.

Another relative, who is also in hospice, passed away yesterday. He lives a couple of hours from here. So, I'll go there tomorrow for the visitation and I can swing over to where my stepmom is recouperating from her surgery. Actually, it will work out well - bacause I need to go back there anyway.

Rakel!! - it's wonderful to see you here again. Hop right back on your plan and you will be fine. I am thrilled for you having health insurance now. It's wonderful. Thanks for your encouragement on my gallbladder surgery.

Hi to dewitt and MJ - hope you and anyone stopping by have GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-07-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #20  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi! Awesome Zumba and bodyfit classes tonight! I have a feeling my booty will be sore in the morning!

rakel--Welcome back! Great to see you!

Beverlyjoy--How did you do not eating after 7:30? Sorry to hear about your relative. Glad you had a nice visit with your aunt. Thanks! I know...it stinks, but thanks to my trainer and reminders from him...I am trying not to let it get to me!

Still no training materials, yet....hopefully tomorrow!

OH! I have some new articles up on skinnyms.com (I can share the links if you would like) AND someone shared one of the them on the Dr Oz facebook page yesterday. THAT is soooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #21  
is recommitted

Lately I've been exercising while watching an episode of Heavy on Netflix. If that's not solid motivation for losing weight I don't know what is! I working along with 'em! Today my food wasn't too bad, I stayed under my calories but I was starving after lunch. I had a salad that with dressing and all was less than 400 cals, and I am used to eating meals in the 700-1000 range. So, yeah an adjustment but I'm not doing too bad with it. So far anyway.

I was actually excited about doing my workout tonight... I haven't felt that way in a long time. I am trying not to focus on th scale too much, but it felt good this morning when I was down a pound from yesterday. But even if it didn't budge, and if it doesn't budge tomorrow, I will keep going!

MJ- so awesome that your hubby is working on eating healthy too. My husband tries sometimes, but lately it's been a lot of soda and fast food, and I've noticed his energy level has decreased. Hopefully my efforts will inspire him too. At least, the meals I make for us can be healthy.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:30 AM   #22  

Hi chicks.. I am still struggling with evening. It's totally stress eating. I am grateful, however, my weight is the same as last Wednesday. I will keep trying. Today, I am going to be going to check up on my stepmon and also an out of town visitation for a family member who passed away. I am going to be packing my healthy food.

Rakel - I am so glad to hear you are excited about your workout!

MJ - I'd love for you to post the links of the articles! I hope those materials arrive soon. It's exciting.

Have a great day, friends.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #23  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Hello! I'd like to join too!
I started a month ago and I am doing so well in terms of eating but I need to exercise more. I've started walking as much as I can. Yesterday for example I went to the park despite the terrible weather and walked while listening to Harry Potter (audiobook).
Sunday was fun too. Again terrible weather, it felt like I was in movie set as it was so foggy that the people in front of me were disappearing
I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but I've been putting it off until I feel strong enough. I tried it on my first or second day and felt unbelievably sore afterwards. Overenthusiastic, I guess. So I decided to take it slow.
Greetings to all
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #24  
mj5

Hi everyone! Great workout at the gym tonight! My booty is SORE, hahaha!

rakel--You are doing great! Keep going!!! I hope your efforts do inspire your husband, it definitely makes it easier for you and he'll be healthier as well. My dh told me tonight he has lost 25lbs since I started working with my trainer. I am SO proud of him!

Beverlyjoy--You've got this. You CAN do it! Hope things went well today. I'll post the links down below. AND...my training material came today! SO SO SO excited!

Kitcherella--Welcome! Starting with eating and then adding in some exercise is a great plan!

http://skinnyms.com/you-really-can-z...and-no-rhythm/

This one (the Zumba one) was linked to the Dr Oz Daily FB page. SO cool!!!

http://skinnyms.com/eating-better-on-a-budget/

These are a couple of the first articles I wrote....

http://skinnyms.com/beating-gym-intimidation/

http://skinnyms.com/things-i-never-thought-i-would/
Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #25  

MJ - AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for the links. I love the messages and your positive enthusiastic attitude.

I did well yesterday... stepmom is doing well. The visitation was so meaningful to our cousin's family.

Kitchella... WELCOME Please feel free to post as much as you like. Folks on 3fc have alot of friendship, wisdom & kindness.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #26  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--Thank you my friend
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #27  
Workin' towards success!

S/C/G: 278/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Smile

Hello everyone I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm very new just trying to establish myself into your forum and get my name out there to make some friends here. I figured I should go ahead and start here after I made my bio on here. My plan is to go a little slow at first. Counting calories (I've started counting just today on an app I downloaded that someone in my family recommended to me), easing into walking or some kind of easy exercising routine.
I want to ease into it for one reason being I don't want to overwhelm myself (I've been down that road before and things got too stressing and made things worse, this time I really want this to stick), two I need to clear up something health wise (small thing that could get bigger if not taken care of), and three I want to gather information on what is a good idea (what works what may not) before I go buy anything. I am right now looking at Zumba but I am not sure about it I've seen a few on here who have and wondered what everyone's take on it was. I just need a lot of ideas I like to change things up when exercising mainly because I get bored if I don't. Any recommendations from anyone? I'm looking for DVDs or even Wii games that may help. Nothing too expensive just something that will be fun as well as help me exercise. Thanks.

Last edited by Jinxy; 02-09-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #28  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Hello all and thanks for the warm welcome.
I am super excited today as I have completed a month eating right and 20 days on 3fc. So this is my first post with a signature/ticker! Yay me, I did it. I am also very proud because I haven't deviated from my plan at all. In fact, I am a bit astonished. I haven't touched fried food, fast food and processed food. And it doesn't feel like a struggle. I hope I will continue to feel like this in the coming months.
As for exercise, continued walking - today I'm going to the beach. I am going to give Zumba a go - I am looking for online videos and I am going to start the Jillian DVD next week. I'll decide which I like best.

MJ - thanks so much for the links and the encouragement. You look fantastic. Becoming a trainer, awesome! You are such an inspiration!

BeverlyJoy - I am sorry for your loss and good luck with your surgery. No wonder you are stressed. But you can go through it for sure!

Dewittmba - we have very similar stats - Let change them!

Rakel - good luck with your health tests. My husband (totally skinny) has fast food sometimes but I choose not. So like you say I am happy I cook healthy meals for us.

Jinxy - Amazing avatar! Welcome! I am taking it slow too in terms of exercise. MJ can point you in the right direction there.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:53 AM   #29  
mj5

Good Morning! I am SO glad it's Friday. I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it.

Jinxy--Welcome!!! Of course we don't mind! I think your plan to ease into things is a great idea! I've done the whole 'take on too much all at once' approach and for me...well, it didn't last for long. I know you will find what works for you. I LOVE Zumba. I go to classes and am not familiar with the Wii version or the dvd's, although I have heard from other people there are some good ones. I have learned that I have to be challenged and having fun as well. Try lots of different things...you never know what you mind find you like!

Kitcherella--FANTASTIC!!! You are doing awesome. I am confident that you will keep moving forward. Thank you so much. It took me a looong time and a few attempts, but I FINALLY found what works for me. I am taking updated progress pics and measurements for my trainer this weekend. I can't wait.

kickboxing tonight...great way to end the week!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #30  

I am struggling. I did a bend and twist while unloading the dishwasher. Ouch! Phooey. I can't take any nsaids because of surgery next week. I can take a muscle relaxer - that helps some. I'll try again to make a plan.

We are going to our cousin's for dinner. (Dh's first cousin & his wife) It's been quite a week for them. Each had a parent in Hospice - One did pass away. They will have healthy foods available. Actually, they asked what they can fix that I can eat. That's really very nice.

All I can think about is chocolate. Isn't that crazy? However, I have not eaten any chocolate.

Thanks for your support.