Old 01-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I've real all the entries and realized how many of them applied to me. But I'm older than many of you, so looking good in a bikini, for example, would never have been on my list. I'm OK with simply not looking huge in a tankini top and a bottom with a little skirt! The "fat friend" never applied, because in my group of close friends, I was in the middle of the range of weights / body sizes. Being the biggest one in my family, however, was the case, and was one of the motivations I used to keep on plan. I am not tiny now, but I fit into size 10 - 12 jeans and medium or large tops. Loose skin is at a minimum and can be covered even in summer clothing. This is "me" and I'm happy with me. I'm going to answer the original post in reverse.

I LOVE these things about no longer being 250+ pounds:

* my shadow is thinner. Late afternoon in the winter when the sun is low in the sky my shadow looks like a super model! Funny how you notice this stuff and realize you even hated how your shadow looked!
* Since I was heavy for 25 years, some people only knew me as heavy. I love it when people don't recognize me. (That one works both way!)
* proving people wrong (who said I'd never be able to do it)
* and I really love it when someone asks me how I did it because I've inspired them to try

We are all capable of this. We just have to keep going. We're all doing great.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #62  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

Constantly fixing my clothes to lay properly

Feeling huge next to shorter/slimmer women

In convos when people think you'll sympathise with them while they talk about slim/in shape women rudely.
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #63  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Ah! I thought of one more that DROVE ME NUTS.

I used to hate my ankles with a passion. You couldn't really see the bones (they're small anyway), and they were kinda shapeless. Not pretty. Now, though, you can see bones and tendons in them and someone actually said I have sexy ankles. Lol!

But in general, I hate the "shapelessness" of being as big as I was. I don't feel good, clothes don't look good, it's just not good for me.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 294/267.4/154

Height: 5'6"

I thought of another thing I hate about being fat. When coworkers see you obviously have changed your eating and exercise habits and they tell you life is too short to be stressing over a diet, not everyone is meant to be thin...ugh that burns my !!!!! Especially when they are naturally thin!
MzMoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 294/267.4/154

[QUOTE=martini;4193094]I hate...

looking back on big moments in my life and seeing how they were defined by my own self-consciousness about my weight

This resonates so strongly with me! I feel you 100%
MzMoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #66  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

I just thought of a couple more things.

I dislike the fact that even if I am wearing the same clothes with a thin friend (let's say a black top and jeans) they look pretty good and I look ,well, not so good -eeehh.
Avoiding the canoe in fear of getting stuck.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 325/325/175

Height: 5'8"

I don't know where to start. . .I hate not being able to tie my shoes, not being able to get up off the ground, getting a rash under fat rolls, wearing only black pants that stretch, "jeans" day at work (don't own any), having to ask for a table not a booth, not fitting in plastic lawn chairs, dropping food on my chest b/c my mouth is so far from the table, getting winded when walking long distance, constant lower back pain, constant knee pain, having to pull myself up stairs, having to put both feet on a stair when coming down, feeling alone, the shame, the humiliation, the guilt and finally being and embarassment to my daughter.
livenlifelarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

I hate feeling like I am too overweight or out of shape to do something I want to do. An example that came up today- surfing lessons! I am sure I can walk into a shop and sign up at 250 lbs but I don't think I'd be able to pop up on the board fast enough.

I'm going to Hawaii in the late summer and would like to be under 200 by then. If so, maybe I'll sign up for the lessons
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

Ok, some of you ladies brought tears to my eyes. Since you guys are being brutally honest, I will too:
Sex isnt as good with all my belly in the way
Knowing that my ex is laughing at me because I've gained a 100lbs since the last time I saw him. He begged to be with me before I gained and I know that he now feels like he dodged a bullet
Having my hubbys best friend tell me "you know, no man wants a fat wife. you better be careful before he starts to look somewhere else"
Having my kids ask me am I going to lose weight
Hating my image and hating pictures of myself and hating my reflection
Feeling like I am somehow not a worthwhile person because I am fat
Feeling uncomfortable in a room full of people because of my weight
How the scale dictates how I feel for the day/week/month/lifetime

Thanks for listening
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #70  
Just starting out

S/C/G: 204.5/195/150

Height: 5'5

cute clothes not fitting, DOUBLE CHIN, back boobs, getting tired more easily than i should, finding that guys will generally gravitate towards the thinner girl, feeling large compared to my girl friends who are pretty much all thinner and shorter than me, people saying i'd be 'hot' if i lost weight, and i'm sure i'll think of more soon.

i feel your pain, ladies. hugs*

Last edited by naffy; 01-30-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: thought of more things to add to the list
naffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #71  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
I'm going to Hawaii in the late summer and would like to be under 200 by then. If so, maybe I'll sign up for the lessons
Surfing lessons is on my life list too. I hope you meet your summer goal! I'll live vicariously through you until I get a chance to follow suit

Another thing I hate about being fat: Getting dressed and feeling good about how you look, then catching a glimpse of yourself in a window and realizing that mostly you just look fat.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #72  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Sausage fingers. I hated my chunky digits, weird that even fingers gain and lose weight.

Immediately feeling a draft of air on my stomach or back and hastily grabbing my shirt and yanking it down.

Jersey fabrics.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

I hate that my husband used to be able to pick me up and swing me around the room when we first got married as if I weight nothing. He can't pick me up anymore

I hate seeing beautiful trendy clothes and not being able to fit into any of it. I hate not having the energy to dance all night.
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #74  
tlr

Feeling like a failure. Like I am not worthy to even enjoy life.
tlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #75  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

I hate that if I were to wear workout pants that are tight, you can see my cellulite.

When I wave, my arms jiggle. When I'm doing rounds at the boxing area I can feel my booty shake and jiggle everywhere. So embarrasing.
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote