Old 01-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #16  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Today is the first day I have actually gone outside and taken a walk in over a year. But I walked 3 miles! I am proud of me! Yes, my dog was dragging me home by the end but I still did it!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Defen...that's great! My kids have been begging for a dog and I know that it would really encourage us to walk as well. I agree about not letting yourself out of it. I don't let more than one day go between walking. It's not a matter of if I walk, but when.

I used to live in a snowy area and it was all treadmill for me, so I totally understand!

Eliana, good for you! I love watching tv while on the treadmill. I need all the distractions I can get.

HealthyMe....WOW! Good for you. I could barely do a mile at first. You are going to do well!

I brought my two older kids on a hike today. It was 2miles UP a mountain and the whined the entire time. It was far and steep in some parts! Took us 45 min. 2 miles down wasn't so bad, but hard on the knees. So proud of myself. A lot of my friends talk about taking this hike and I'm so glad I was able to make it to the top!
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #18  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I just hop on the treadmill and walk through a few shows.
too funny, the treadmills at the gym have an "around the world" setting. the incline changes, and at the top of the screen you'll see the word "South America." I guess you get to use your imagination (!)

I did get off the train early today and took a 20-minute walk at work, it's nice a mountain hike, pretty flat actually, but I braved some slush!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #19  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nfyo0zed View Post
i kinda live in a high crime area :-\ though i would love to walk outdoors reguarly, i end up walking on the treadmill heh.
I can relate. My neighborhood is not of the kind where I would enjoy walking in part due to not feeling safe alone as a woman and in part due to the huge traffic. No trade mill here but a pretty good gym just a short driving distance away.

My other walking alternative is currently mall walking. Lots of shiney distractions and you can get easily bone tired in an afternoon.
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #20  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I agree -- it's cheap and easy! I recommend a W A L K not a stroll ~ Like you're on your way to beat someone up LOL I'm in Canada, eh, so walking outside this time of year isn't that easy, but we have a large venue entertainment place that's open during the day and they have walks mapped out, and you can run the stairs if you want (or walk them). There's always a way! Even the mall is fine just leave your wallet at home
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Trazey - The Karadio instructor at my gym refers to it as "walking with intent." If your intent is to beat someone up . . .

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 01-23-2012 at 08:48 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote