13: 243.8 - TOM
14: 243.8 - TOM
15: 243.6 - TOM
16: 242.2
17: 244.0
18: 244.2
19: No WI
20: 245.2

After taking care of 2 sick kids all weekend long (and getting puked on twice, EW!) I woke up sick this morning. Really sick. DH had to take the day off. I'm not sure what possessed me to step on the scale, I'm always a couple lbs heavier when I'm sick. Habit probably. My brain is in a fog, and I'm going back to bed. I hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by Gale02; 09-20-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #137  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Back from the hospital -- Cameron got his cast off today! Yay! I've offered to take him to a movie, take him swimming...nope, he's not interested -- he just wanted to come home and play board games. He still has to use his crutches right now until he starts to regain flexibility and strength. The first thing we did when we came home was to put him in a bathtub!

LGW -- Stick to your plan, you are coming off a vacation week and you made a great re-start yesterday, but your body might need a bit more time to get back with the program. I hear you though, it's super frustrating to do your best and not see the impact right away.

Roxy - -Great job on your 1lb today! Wow, you've are rocking the NSV's too; I'm so happy about my collarbones beginning to show, and I didn't even think of that little hollow at the base of the neck -- I want that too! I couldn't face fast food long term either, I even get sick of great restaurant food when I'm travelling for a few days. I think the point of the doc was to refute some of the messages in Supersize Me -- ie/ McDonalds is not the devil and people are free to eat whatever they choose, and free to educate themselves about food (or not) as they like. I'm really into their salads now -- if I have to go there that's my go to choice.

Aimee -- Eek! Find your body double, that sounds like something I would avoid at all costs...lol. That's a little too much reality for me -- I like my delusions! I'm starting to think about Christmas shopping too...I've started making lists on my ipod and setting a budget for each person. I can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas -- I love fall

Coondocks Hope you and Jack feel better soon.

Crainjo -- Thanks! I buy Oikos too, the honey kind, I haven't seen caramel here yet. I like to mix it with 1/3 of a cup of all bran buds -- that usually keeps me full for a few hours. Hmm...not sure about the pops - I remember that kind of feeling when I was pregnant and getting stretch marks, but that doesn't make sense when you are losing weight. I like your idea about it being fat popping away!

Diana -- I would describe the taste as sawdust... - no seriously, its not a very nice flavour, and I would say more savory than sweet, kind of bitter. What I liked about it was that I felt like I was eating a cracker and could use it as a vehicle for something yummier -- it helped when I was out of my mind with carb cravings. I have been thinking about trying some of my high fibre low carb oatmeal mixed into my greek yogurt as an alternative to my allbran buds. I'm not pear shaped...very applish the more overweight I am, when I'm not overweight I'm hour-glassy.

Jami -- Congratulations on your .9 today!! Okay, early to mid October is great for me...the timing is good for my cruise at the end of November too.

Rennie -- Thanks! I'm trying hard now to move back down -- I'm almost back to where I started September...lol. I hope I'll be in ONEderland by the end of this month. This is my good stretch...TOM is done, ovulation is done, so these two weeks are normally my best in the cycle of a month.

Last edited by Angie; 09-20-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #138  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

alright guys. it's back to daily weighing for me. no more "i feel bloated, not gonna weigh in"... eff it.

today was 252.0 again, and i'm still all puffy even after 3.5 liters of water and a low-cal/low-sodium day yesterday

i've noticed that the stress of not working is starting to get to me. i stress money like no other so i'm starting to look at other options. what i'm leaning towards is starting up as a tastefully simple consultant. it's food mixes, glazes, seasonings etc that you just add a few things to. their beer bread and several of the dips are delicious. thoughts?
Old 09-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #139  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Gale sorry about you and the boys now feeling well, hope you all feel better soon, rest up

Angie glad Cam got that cast off> Did they give him the boot for stability also? I know the tub was calling that leg, ew it sticks when they take the cast off Well i'm cheering for you all the way

Mandy I love Tastefully Simple. I say go for it. The lady that came here for my party wants me to be a consultant also. But I'm not ready
Old 09-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #140  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Roxy,thank for the video very good/inspiring running song.wow..NSV's all over the place fantastic!! great WI today

Great WI Angie I know he's glad to get that thing off

Gale,hope you feel better soon

Coon,hope you and Jack feel better soon

Go Jami go your body said.."pfft..I might as well let some of this fat go cause she's not gonna give up" Awesome Job

Hmm..Crainjo..I feel something sometimes but i always thought that it was my ab muscles tighten up/twitching don't know if it feel like a "pop" though..will think that over the next time i get one

Rennie,hope you had a good eating day today.I'm on point and headed for the war hours going w/SF jello tonight refused to buy anything(have in the house) today that would cause/tempt me to fail tonight.I never ate certain things at night before and had to break my new found habit before it got out of hand.back to what i know has worked.

Last edited by OnaMi; 09-20-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #141  
~Rennie

Ona I have already screwed up today. Prayerfully I'll get up tomorrow and eat like I have some sense. Glad you had an OP day, Great job
Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #142  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Rennie, keep those positive thoughts flowing and anyway, things might not be as bad as you think thanks fighting my way through.

Last edited by OnaMi; 09-20-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #143  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

September 1-227.0
September 2-226.8
September 3-225.5
September 4-226.0
September 5-224.5
September 6-228.5
September 7- 225.2
September 8-222.0
September 9-?
September 10-?
September 11-222.0 (end of day, after dinner)
September 12-220.6 (morning)
September 13-219.5
September 14-220.1
September 15-220.0.
September 16- 220.5
September 17- 219.1
September 18- 219.0
September 19- 217.0 whooosh
September 20-217.0

Personals after my run.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #144  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Dinner was good tonight. I made stir fry chicken and put it on a bed of spinach with a serving of honey dijon salad dressing. Yeah...that was good. I also had a blueberry greek yogurt. I'm over on calories but I'm coming in at 1800 and I had healthy foods ALL DAY!!!! NO JUNK!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #145  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Vixsin Great job on eating healthy today.

Rennie Sorry that things didn't go well with your eating today. Keep trying.

Angie I know Cameron is glad to get that cast off! Thanks for the info on the crispbread. I think I will try it, if I can find it easily. We'll see what I end up doing with them.

JamiSue Congrats on the .9.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #146  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

I'm watching The Biggest Loser -- god I love reality TV and this show in particular. I'm all teary eyed at the way the first challenge ended
Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #147  
~Rennie

Ona and Diana thank you

Vixsin way to go on an OP no JUNK day

Angie, enjoy the show
Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #148  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Hello all! Just did W2D1 of C25K. Woot! Yes you will have to hear about every single run for the next eight weeks. Went over my daily points today, but only by like 4, and then ran so it should be OK. Got my 5% sticker last night at my "formal" WI, and literally skipped on my way out. Then I promptly took myself out to buy two new shirts, in a LARGE. Not an XL, but an L. Hoping this honeymoon period never ends.

Ona and Crainjo-Thanks for all the running love. You are both incredibly inspiring to me. I kinda get a big head after every run and I think I'm the ish for 5 minutes. Do you experience this? I want to be an athlete again so badly and be able to play volleyball and basketball and swim without all the extra blub holding me down. Oh yeah crainjo...I get those pops in legs, stomach, but I call them "tingles." I can't believe you mentioned this because I have thought of them as fat blasting away too for a very very long time.

Rennie- Well I rested well, but didn't test so well. No no no you're not stopping in the 70's!! KEEP GOING!!!Y

JamiSue-Welcome back, good to have you again! Yeah my fat has got a lot of catching up to do. It can't hang with us!

Diana-Thank you..I can't believe 10 pounds is already gone! There's a lot to go though. You're very supportive! I've been wanting to ask you how you've changed internally since you lost that weight, and changed your life. Any feelings that stand out?

Angie-Sounds like a fun, chill night. I'm having one of those too.

Last edited by aka8941; 09-20-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #149  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey everyone!

quickie post before bedtime...

today's cals ended at around 1400, and sodium at 1800. 3 liters of water. AND a 35 minute workout on the elliptical. according to MFP the only things i went over on were protein and fiber. i guess if you're gonna go over, that's the place to do it?

i feel good hopefully the scale will reward me tomorrow!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Coondocks - Sorry to hear this month has been so rough on you TOM is a bugger!

Angie - Nice job this morning! Whoooosh! I have a weird vision in my head of what I look like, so it was kind of nice to see something close to me! My mom still hasn't found an exact double - but honestly, when I see people and compare myself to them, they are normally a lot larger than I am. I think I might be away during Thanksgiving depending, but I do love me some Christmas! Last year Josh and I had a horrible one - so this year we are making plans to put up the tree together, have a night of baking and drinking. ALSO - the bigger news, after years of us saying we didn't want kids, I changed my mind, and I was talking to Josh about it and he actually would like kids too! I'm feeling hopeful about my relationship. Phew - how was that for a novel?

Jami - it really helps to get some shopping done early, plus I've found some CRAZY good deals! I got my grandma some Chanel No 5 for 30 bucks! Regularly 80! You are smokin' thru the 240's to start! So happy for you!

Rennie - have you never had a food baby before? I thought a lot of people had experienced this before! Did you do your daily numbers? What happened? I haven't tallied my numbers yet, but I was only at 1,000 after work, but we had stove top stuffing (omg, I can't believe how much I love that stuff, ), and some chicken fingers.

My WI was decent this morning, down .7. I had planned on eating off plan today because I was so cranky and miserable... but Josh pushed me to eat on plan, he doesn't know he did this, but I feel better for it. I felt off when I got to work, but as I worked I started to feel more like myself, which is a relief! I'm off to bed, I'm up early tomorrow for work! And then no work on Thursday

-Aimee
Closed Thread