Scales

• So I finally decided it is time for me to purchase a bathroom scale but I have no clue what to buy. I have researched scales online to get reviews but I'm still not sure so I thought I would ask you nice folks what you would recommend.

What is your favorite scale? Are there any scales I should stay away from?
  • I'm probably not going to be much help I just grabbed a digital scale from walmart cause I had an old non-digital one. I like it works great, it's pretty generic. Maybe just head out to Walmart and see what they have? I spent around $40 cdn for it.
  • I like the digital, too. No wavering about "where is that line?"
    I bought mine at Walmart, too. A "Health o Meter" for $10.00
    I've been using it daily for about 2 years. Haven't had to change the battery yet.
    It reads out nice and plainly in fifths of a pound.
    152.4 for instance.
  • I like digital scales. I've had two that I really liked, both made by taylor with the Weight Watchers brand. I got one from BJ's Warehouse and the other from Target and I spent about $25 for each one. They were the glass kind that you step on. If you want to spend like $40 or more, you can get a fancy one that also calculates things like fat percentages but I'm fine with just seeing a number.
  • Tanita digital. Has lasted me for years and years, with all my OCD weighing tendencies (!)
  • I am in LOVE with my scale! I bought the Tanita Large Capacity scale. http://www.scalesgalore.com/pbath.htm#hd351
    It's a little pricey at $85.00 (it was $75.00 when I bought it), but it is hands down the very best scale I have ever owned. It stores the reading of your last weigh in and shows it. It will store readings for up to five people. I never get a different reading, at all. For me it was also important that it accurately weigh over 300 lbs. It has a 440 capacity.