The medical results are in

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Last week I wrote that at my 2 year anniversary of deciding to eat less/move more to lose 100 lbs, I was having a hard time deciding if I want to lose 20 more. Today was my annual physical and the comparison to the lab work before the weight loss plan is wonderful, even though they weren't horrible to start:

BP: then 130/85, now 100/70

Total Chol: then 210, now 164
    Triglycerides: then 160, now 71
    LDL: then 119, now 83
    HDL: then 59, now 67

So I've decided NOT to push for the 145. I am going to clean up some bad habits that are slipping in and get my exercise back up to 6 hours/week and see what happens.
  • Wow! Amazing results, girlfriend!
  • That is awesome! Good work!
  • Wow! What huge metabolic changes! You have done an amazing job, I wish you the very best in fixing your remaining straggler bad habits
  • That's what it's all about! What fantastic results! And your new avatar picture? You look like you're in your 30's, easy! Great picture!
  • Great job!
  • Good job!!! Great results!
  • Fantastic!!
  • Quote: That's what it's all about! What fantastic results! And your new avatar picture? You look like you're in your 30's, easy! Great picture!
    Thanks! Knew I liked you...

My doctor asked me how much better I feel and I had to admit I didn't really notice feeling any differently physically, mainly because I led a pretty sedentary life before this so didn't really notice any limitations to what I wanted to do. However "what I want to do" has changed so dramatically. The avatar picture is me learning to swing an 8 lb. sledge with accuracy to tackle a project of removing industrial size nails from scrap timber so that the beau and I could build raised beds for a garden. Yesterday to celebrate Easter, we joined friends on a 14 mile bike ride. Neither of these items would have even been on my list 100 lbs ago, let alone approached with such enthusiasm.
  • Quote: Thanks! Knew I liked you...

My doctor asked me how much better I feel and I had to admit I didn't really notice feeling any differently physically, mainly because I led a pretty sedentary life before this so didn't really notice any limitations to what I wanted to do. However "what I want to do" has changed so dramatically. The avatar picture is me learning to swing an 8 lb. sledge with accuracy to tackle a project of removing industrial size nails from scrap timber so that the beau and I could build raised beds for a garden. Yesterday to celebrate Easter, we joined friends on a 14 mile bike ride. Neither of these items would have even been on my list 100 lbs ago, let alone approached with such enthusiasm.
    Oh, I just knew there was a good story behind that picture! That's great! I will be jealous of your garden. And a 14 mile bike ride for Easter sounds like the perfect way to celebrate to me! What a great way to enjoy nature.
  • Wow that is great! I can't wait to get my blood work in june/july myself.

you must feel fab.
  • Nice! Good work!
  • good job!! congrats!! keep it up!
  • Wow, great results!
  • What wonderful news! Like Eliana, I love your new new picture! I have so enjoyed reading this thread and hearing about the changes in your life. To me, weight loss is not about vanity but about health, mobility and just enjoying life more. Congratulations!