Old 11-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #1  
PCOS does'nt have me!!

S/C/G: 227/226.6/145

Height: 5.4

Default What are your worst fears for your weight loss journey?

I believe in verbalizing fears in order to realize them and conquer them. So usually the first step is to openly admit your fears. But dont forget to also state at least one thing you can do to conquer at least one of your fears.

My fears are:
Not making my weight loss goal
Getting a disease like cardiovascular disease or diabetes
An early death stemming from something related to my wieght.
Not being able to see my son grow up or my grandkids.
Not having a proper quality of life, I'm only 23 and I dont want my quality of life to be compromised when really my life is only just begining.

I plan on conquering these fears by losing weight, maintaining a positive outlook on life and remembering my fears and knowing that I MUST not let them rule me.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that the purpose of stating your fears...is to make them "tangibles" that you can take out of your life..usually telling someone is a step in itself because most people dont want people to know thier fears, and we hide behind a facade....

This should be somewhat of a release...a breath of fresh air in which u let go of your troubles....fear is a state of mind....we can all take steps to conquer and/or let go of our fears and experience the essence of freedom and peace of mind, body and spirit.

Being submissive to vulnerability may for some people be the gate to spiritual health. Spiritual health influences our minds to create peace of mind and a wholistic life.

Last edited by freakumdress; 11-24-2010 at 01:15 PM.
freakumdress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:03 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

My biggest fear is that I'll do all this work and die anyway. (Sorry). I am afraid that I've already screwed up my body so much that whatever I do won't prolong my life.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

That I'll stop working out and feel badly and be in pain. I care far less about my weight per se than my health and feeling good.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/180/165 lbs 95/82/75 kgs

Height: 5'10

Rosinante and freakumdress

I'm sorry you worry about that, Rosinante I don't know your situation but you are doing really well, nothing but good can come from this for any of us.

Your son must be a big inspiration, freakum.

My biggest fear is that I'll fail at maintenance, since I've never maintained before. But it gets better the more I plan and read and recognise this is a lifetime commitment.

Sometimes I fear becoming obsessed again but I really feel like I am getting a handle on that for the first time, with logical and positive thought.
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:43 AM   #5  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I also fear death from obesity-related illness, but...well, I kind of have anxiety issues about sudden deaths because too many people close to me have gone that way (none weight-related). If I get a twinge in my left thumb, I immediately fear it's a heart attack (after all, the thumb is attached to the left arm, and left arm pain is the heart, so...yeah, it's a shame therapy's out of my financial reach).

I fear being a wet blanket. Who wants to go out for a dinner at Emeril's with friends and be That Girl, the one who's persnickety to the waiter and eats a cheerless dressing-on-the-side salad while other people chow down? I love a good salad, don't get me wrong, but I hope that one day I'll be "normal," able to savor one occasional rich meal in moderate portions like average-weight folks seem to do.

I fear looking like a wet blanket. I mean this literally. What will my skin do as I lose weight? Will my boobs graze my waist--or lower still? If I lose the shelf of fat holding up my butt, will it fall down to the backs of my knees? I have a fairly thin face for a fat chick at the moment, but will I look gaunt or sag into jowliness as I lose?

I fear getting bored. The 19th of this month was my one-month anniversary and so far, I feel great--no boredom in sight. But this is a marathon; will I still be so enthusiastic in three months? Six? I totally get the fear of not achieving your goal, freakumdress. I think we all get apprehensive about that one.

I fear that my posts here are just waaaay too long...
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Nola Celeste, I was going to say what's the big deal about having a salad and then I saw where you live. My deepest sympathies, I used to live in Lakeview.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #7  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I don't have any fears. I can't wait to get there !!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I fear that my appetite won't slow down when my metabolism does. Right now I seem to be able to lose while eating a tremendous amount--like, if my average is 2000 calories/day, I lose, albeit slowly, and I lose well on 1700/day Everyone else seems to have to eat 1200 a day to lose. Now, I do think I am unusually accurate--I weigh 90% of the things I eat, and I include everything. I think sometimes people eat 1200 calories a day except on the days when they don't--and I do do a solid hour of cardio every single day without exception. But I think those things are also true for a lot of the people eating 1200/day and barely losing or even maintaining. If that happens to me . . .I'd go insane. I'd go boinkers. On 1700 I am hungry ALL THE TIME. I literally couldn't do 1200. It'd be like trying to hold my head underwater until I drowned.

My hope is that if my metabolism slows, my appetite will slow with it. But I worry about it.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

I fear that, as I get closer to goal, my weight loss will slow so much that it will take me years to get there.

I also fear that I won't be able to maintain.

I fear too much attention from men.

I ESPECIALLY fear the way my family is gonna freak out as I lose. (they think I shouldnt lose any more)

I fear that certain people in my family will feel alienated from me once I'm thin.

and I am a little worried that I will get to my goal weight and realize: crap, I'm still fat and need to lose another 10 pounds or so lol.
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Aww, everybody!

I fear that it will take me another two years to get to goal, only to discover that I'm still too fat and need to go lower. After all, I picked that number out of thin air and have no idea what I will look like at that weight, I think maybe I was in middle school the last time I was 170???

I also fear diabetes and heart disease, for me and for my teenaged daughter.

Oh, and then there's that tiny part of me that's so SURE I will be smokin' hot when I get to the end, and I'll be that insufferable former-fat chick that nobody wants to hang out with!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I used to fear a whole lot more than I fear now. I had many of the same fears stated above but I've conquered them.

Now I fear not making goal. I feel being stuck right where I am...because I kind of am.

I fear maintenance. On the one hand I am completely confident that I WILL be one of the 5% who maintain. On the other hand, the odds are against me and I can't deny that.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I fear I'll get stuck and not lose anymore weight. I fear I'll gain all my weight back. I fear all the loose, sagging skin. The fear makes me fight harder.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #13  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

That I waited too long, and that, while I was once invisible because I was fat, I will now become invisible because I'm aging.

That weight loss has aged me more, and where I once had a double chin, I have wattles, and where I once had puffy cheeks, I now have crows feet.

That my body and metabolism are defective, full of factory-issued flaws that are irreparable, and that THEY WANT TO BE FAT. That no amount of calorie counting, carb avoidance, organic eating, water-drinking, cardio, strength training, etc. will help for very long.

That I will tire of the good fight, having created a routine & a lifestyle that is unsustainable.

That I will give myself over to some other new all-consuming obsession & once again forget that I have a body, that there's anything of me below the neck, and thus regain the weight, because I'll stop caring again, in the face of other priorities.

Last edited by saef; 11-23-2010 at 10:32 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #14  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

MIne is a bit like Shmead's. I can't imagine cutting back any further or exercising even more. I'm hoping to just gradually reach equilibrium, but knowing I'm coming up on menopause which generally means weight gain if all other factors equal I am a bit worried about regain.

Sometimes I think I should be more worried based on the dismal statistics on regain, but I figure I already beat the odds by losing this much at my age without drugs or surgery. I've just decided to remain an exceptional person when this fear starts to nag at me.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I fear that "this" time when I think I have:

the right mind set
the right plan for food
the right plan for exercise
optimum support
strong determination and resolve
routines or rituals
control of cravings and binges

that yet again I will not have success. (see, I'm even afraid to use the word f@il)

Quote:
..usually telling someone is a step in itself because most people dont want people to know thier fears, and we hide behind a facade....
I pretend to most of the world that I am solid and committed, unstoppable but really I'm not. I get shaky when I stop to think about "this" time.

I talk the talk but I'm not sure I am walking the walk. I'm not sure I ever will.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote