Hubby and I in the paper!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Atlanta's newspaper publishes a 'Success Story' every week about a person who has lost weight and adopted a healthy lifestyle. Several people had encouraged my husband and I to submit our story, and with my permission, my WW leader actually initiated the contact with the story editor.

Although they typically just profile one person at a time, I really wanted them to run ours together, as that's how we've lost the weight and neither of us could have done it without the other. Luckily, the editors agreed, so here is the online version:

Our Success Story

Although I know we are more of a 'work in progress' than a 'success' since we still have more to lose, it really hits home seeing how much we've lost when I read '275 pounds' - that's a whole other couple!
  • Leslie, This is so great! Success stories like yours helped me so much. Just knowing that it is possible to lose a large amount of weight without WLS can make such a difference. You have helped no telling how many people with this story.

Way to go!
  • That is awesome!!
  • Fabulous! You two look good together! What an amazing difference.

You are a success in my book. 120 pounds is a huge accomplishment, even if you are not at your final goal!

Congrats!
  • This is awesome! How exciting for you guys!!
  • Amazing!
  • What a great article. You and your husband are doing a fabulous job!
  • Awesome! Congratulations !!
  • Congratulations! You both look wonderful!
  • That is great!
  • Your story has greatly inspired me. I love the before and after pictures, they tell a huge story! Keep going, you can do it! I can do it too if i keep at it!
  • WoW!!! I am so inspired by this, thank you so much for posting it. I actually got a little teary reading your last statement, about how you were always the fat girl and picked last for every team. And now you are an athlete!

Thanks again!
  • WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gosh! What a big difference in you both.
    Congratulations!
  • Good for you both!!