Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #16  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Calluna - so sorry for all your losses; the fact that they're so close together makes it more difficult, I know. .

Re the food log: Permit yourself to drop it for a while, but I advise you set yourself a specific date to re-start it, so it doesn't go on for too long.

You've already discovered for yourself that 'comfort food' isn't so comforting (a good reminder for me, actually). Activity is a good stress relief, and will keep you moving towards your goals regardless of what's going on around you.

Remember the moral support you have here, and come back for more when you need it!

Quote:
Pacifica Bee wrote: I think you are punishing yourself though by backsliding and eating the horrible foods. You should be focusing on nourishing your body and taking care of it while you are going through sad times.
I can't tell you how much this resonated with me. I'm dealing with some health issues this year, and have set up a file of quotes and images to remind myself of my goals. This is going in there, so thanks!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #17  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

{Calluna} I'm so sorry for your losses. Be gentle with yourself, keeping in mind that it's so easy to eat for emotional reasons. I just lost a dear friend to ovarian cancer, and I know the temptation to say to myself, "Oh, forget about it, I'm having _____."

Taking care of emotional needs is hard, and I think especially hard for us on this forum, because we've maybe been denying our emotions or silencing them with food for so long that the food-emotion link is pretty strong. Do you have other friends or family members you can turn to for support and comfort, or just general conversation and interaction? That will feel good emotionally without strengthening that food-emotion bond any more.

Hang in there. I'm sorry for your losses, and we're all behind you, sending good vibes your way.
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 299.5/267/180

Height: 5' 10.5"

I'm so sorry for your losses. I think Pacifica Bee's suggestion of long walks to reflect on your feelings sounds like the perfect solution to give yourself some space to honour your grief. Please take care.
refinnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #19  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh my, that is a rough row to hoe. I have six cats and the thought of losing two of them AND a good friend is something my mind and heart is shying away from. My heart hurts just thinking about it.

I wish you the strength to grieve properly, without harming yourself in the process. Hug your remaining kitty; mine are such a source of comfort to me.
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:50 AM   #20  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, everyone...I needed this right about now. I still need it, for that matter, as I totally don't have myself all together yet. Now I need to start another thread to keep myself accountable for the next week or two, so I don't completely lose my grip on things...
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote