Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I try to not think in terms of "cheat" days because I try to not think of myself as being on a diet - this is just my way of life now. And some days, every decision I make about food isn't the best one it could be, but that's fine - I am making these choices and generally, not eating mindlessly.

I'm not a gourmet at all, but I am a little bit of a food snob and even when I wasn't counting calories, you'd never catch me at an all you can eat buffet. If I'm going to eat out, I'd rather have my food prepared fresh for me, and not eat whatever's been sitting on a steam table. And your experience just reinforced it in my head that kind of meal is never worth the calories you end up spending.

Having said that, I am going out to a restaurant on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. I'll be having lobster which is low cal enough that I will also try small portions of the sides too, and still end up in my normal calorie range. But even if I went over it, I know that I wouldn't end up that far. Even my very worst days since I started calorie counting have been moderate compared to what they could and would have been in the past. And I love it that my instincts now are guiding me to follow this more healthy way of eating. SO glad for you that the same thing happened!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/242/150

Height: 5'7

how icky! glad you found how strong you are!
dannijenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #18  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Oh totally! Cheat days obviously don't work for you, and I think it's good that you know this. And I think it's really important that we learn how food interacts with our body - it's something I ignored when I was eating food to make me feel better, not because I was hungry.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote