Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 03:02 PM   #46  
DNW

Default Re: weight update

Hi All:

Congratulations to all the losers...me included...I am officially down 5.5 lbs. and i am only successful because of all of you.....

To those who didn't lose.....that's OK because you're still writing and sharing and that means you haven't given up hope...when we have no hope anymore then we have finally given up the good fight....i for one, refuse to give up on myself....how about the rest of you...aren't we all worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:42 AM   #47  

Finally, a loss. I've been stuck for three weeks. Down 2 from last week (but I was up.4 then). So 7.8 to go by Halloween. Going to be tough but whatever I get will make me happy as long as it's lower.

250/232.8/225/?
sw/cw/hg/ fg
Old 09-26-2002, 11:26 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I had a 2 lb loss this past week so only 3 more to go until goal. I might adjust my goal depending on what the scale says on Sunday. I just might make that goal early.
Steph
Old 10-02-2002, 08:13 PM   #49  

Down .8 this week. Leaves 7 more to go in four weeks. I must have been feeling overly optimistic when I set my goal. But still have a little chance.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:34 AM   #50  

I have 3 more to go in the next four weeks. I actually think that I will make this goal!! Wahoo!
Old 10-03-2002, 02:32 AM   #51  
Catwoman

I'm 5 down 5 to go going to be touch and go to lose 5 in the time left but if I try hard I'll get there
Old 10-03-2002, 07:47 AM   #52  
DNW

Talking It's Working and...Oh My God I'm Not Surprised!!

Well...apparently all that baloney i have been giving myself for the past year or so it just that....i have lost 7 lbs. in three weeks and all i had to do once again was exercise and not eat like i'm goin' to the chair.

I guess that blows my "i'm in menopause and can't lose weight theory".

Writing everyday on the threads and also reading everyone's posts has been incredible.

Love to you all and i wish you the absolute best of days!!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:28 AM   #53  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I had a gain .. ouch.. so goal is going to be a be tougher.
8 lbs in 4 weeks.. still do-able.

Dana
Old 10-03-2002, 09:56 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Ok my original goal was to be 255 by Halloween. Well I'm at 256 right now so I'm readjusting my goal. I want to be 250 by Halloween. So another 6 lbs to go. Very do-able I think.
Steph
Old 10-05-2002, 10:34 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Down anoter 2.5 pounds. which brings me to 266.5 , still have 5 pounds til goal! Should be a piece of cake
Old 10-06-2002, 01:13 AM   #56  

Put me down for 2 pound one week loss, now 238lbs. I would love to be near 230lbs at end of the month. I just wanted to say to all you guys, that the 100lb forum is the best in 3fc. I have been a daily lurker for years now, but rarely post, why? well first of all i am a guy and second of all i only have about 50lbs to lose. However your threads are real inspiring. My wife and I live and work in the middle east, I'm scottish, my wife american, 33yrs old. We have very little diet products per se, and little advice and no weight watchers, so i rely on this site tremendously for insight and good chat and banter.
i hope everyone meets their halloween goals. One thing i have noticed in the past weeks is probably more weight gain than loss in many guys. I would urge everyone to buckle down, think of the bigger picture and just take it one day at a time. I know i would love to pig out in ice cream and chocolate when I am having a bad day, but it doesn't really help, temporary pleasure, as my wife says 'a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips', i jest, but everyone hang in there, be focused, that always comes clearly through recent posts of big time losers (weight!), the need to focus and have a determined frame of mind. I am just fed up of feeling fat. In the middle east, the swimming pool culture is a big thing, and sometimes i feel real self conscious, so i am determined to make a difference to my self esteem and appearance,and also health. I would like to thank all the regular posters on this forum for your tremendous enthusiasm and support you have for each other.
have a great weekend!
Old 10-06-2002, 01:17 AM   #57  

ps
on another matter re dating which was a good series of posts two weeks ago, i would say from a guy point of view, that it is much more important to meet someone who has self confidence, is intelligent and takes care of herself rather than per se being thin. Looks fade, period. It is tremendously more exciting for a guy to meet someone who is more than air candy in the brain, who is funny but more than anything is confident and takes good care of appearance, (regardless of weight).
anyway, that's my two cents worth.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:10 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Welcome Dougie!

Glad you decided to come out of "lurkdom" and CoNgRaTs on the loss! Have you joined any of the challenges? Personally I've found that they've given me great motivation. During the first 3 point challenge I lost 11 pounds in 30 days, just doing what we all know works. Food, water, and exercise...maybe not in that order, but cha know what I mean.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:17 PM   #59  
hot mom wanna be!

Doug,
Hello! I am the one who started the dating thread a while back. Thanks for the input! I agree that how you carry yourself and your personality is more important! It's good to hear it from a guy. It sounds like you guys have an interesting life living in the Middle East. Wow!

On the weightloss front there is nothing to report. I am staying the same. I lose a few then gain a few. I am sick of this, so I am just trying not to gain right now until my motivation comes back.

Good luck to you all!
laura
Old 10-08-2002, 09:01 PM   #60  
Old Cackler

well, i've been avoiding this for the past few weeks, since i've been on the plateau from **** for the past 6 weeks, and the job from ****. but that's another story.

but i had to go to the doc this morning, and THE PLATEAU IS BROKEN!!!! i'm down 3 pounds since last week!!!!

so, as usual, no goals for me. whatever will happen will happen. as long as i eat my protein, drink the water, exercise. i don't really have a choice.

so, everyone, you're all doing great, even when you post a slight gain. it's the day by day, meal by meal steps that'll do it.
Closed Thread