Old 11-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #1  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Default Back and Lessons Learned

Hello,

I was last on 3fc 1 1/2 years ago. I primarily posted in the caloriecounting thread.

My weight started to be an issue in my teens. I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia and told to eat keep sugar levels from dipping. I didn't know it at the time but this was just setting me on a rollercoaster ride and pounds slowly added up. Other than trying a gimicky eat only grapefruit diet in my teens once I didn't do anything until my 20s.

I became a vegetarian for 10 yes and got fatter. The higher carb ratio was not helping my crash and burn hypoglycemia so I added in lean meats and limited starches and got down to 160 @ 31 years. Then I got pregnant and my post pregnancy weight went up to 235. I tried both South Beach and calorie counting after my son was born. Both worked but I was still ravenous due to hypoglycemia.

The light bulb finally went off for me that I have success and don't suffer those miserable sugar crashes when I watch calories AND carbs. So I have been doing so for the past month and dropped 11 pounds. I have also for the first time in I don't know how long that I've experienced legitimate true hunger before eating versus eating to stave off a crash.

I've also adjusted my attitude. I'm doing this for life - to live and live fully - so I will only do that which I can continue doing forever.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to this journey and sharing in your journey.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

thanks for sharing that. I was a big bread eater, and sweets. that really screwed up my true hunger and made my binge eating worse. I love that stuff, but am completely willing to eat it in the moderation it deserves!

good luck to you.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome back!

I'm vegetarian and also have hypoglycemia/PCOS. I mostly stay away from breads, crackers, any refined carbs, etc to help keep my blood sugar levels stable. Those things can do a number on me.

I am glad you have found something that is working and welcome back
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #4  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

Hi and welcome back.

It's great you discovered your triggers. That should help a great deal.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #5  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote