Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 08:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Thank You :)

Thank you friends
I have listened to your advice and me and hubby did some talking. Yes I do appreciate him for being nice, I also decided that if I really want a cappuccino than those are the days that I will do a two mile walk if not than regular coffee will do. Oh yes my daughter and son like this stuff to so I will split it with them.
Oh yes and the donut part I'll tell him the coffee is enough for me and he can have it to himself.

Ok for the weight loss part will, I didn't do well, I GAINED 1/2 a pound.

So I will do this weight loss with FAITH, COURAGE, and COMMITMENT
Old 07-04-2002, 08:50 PM   #32  
JML
Success Story!!!

For the record, I did try to talk to him, but he's not around. I'll try to catch him later or tomorrow. I don't think I'm angry, and anger won't help things anyway, but I do mind. Some things are very insulting, and it's a matter of self-respect to say something. Of course I'll talk to him privately. Sorry to put this up here, but I'm trying to break the habit of eating instead of talking to people when something really bothers me. Happy 4th!!!!!
Old 07-04-2002, 10:09 PM   #33  
Old Cackler

jeanne and joe anne what great steps you've made!! i'm so proud of you both. one of the hardest things to do is to confront people when we have ISSUES with them. for some reason, we've got it into our heads that we can't disagree with someone, without suffering some dire consequences. and it's not always true.

we HAVE to learn not to literally swallow our emotions. a long, hard road.

now, a word about that word, ISSUES. i have a friend, and yes, i'm old enough to be her mother [she's young enough to be my daughter? which sounds better???] and that's her favorite word. she uses it for everything from 'i'm not sure i like my hair today' to 'her new boyfriend is an abuser and if i see him one more time i'm going to deck him'

and so, whenever she uses that word, i have to ask her which kind of ISSUE she's talking about: axe murderer or question?

and she always laughs. she's a good sport.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:22 PM   #34  
JML
Success Story!!!

Jiffypop, that's so true. I do feel like I can't disagree with anyone - that if there's a problem, it must be my fault and I can make it go away by not saying anything. I tend to be the opposite of assertive. Instead of facing others, I feel emotional, retreat, get depressed and/or eat. I want to change though. And I will, by tackling the habit. This is a habit that keeps me fat.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:39 AM   #35  
Old Cackler

great insight, jeanne. and you now hold one important key for yourself. did you check out jenniffer's wise thread on holding two keys??? if not, please do.

ignoring these things doesn't make them go away. it makes them GROW, along with our butts!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 01:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default I DID IT :)

Just a short note to let you know that I fufilled my promise to myself, I walked 3 miles in 75 minutes. BUT next time I know to take some water and hard candies as this time my blood sugar went low and for once my husband didn't check on me. So you can tell how worried I was.
Well like I said next time I'll be better prepared, which will probably be on Sunday.

Have a great day friends and I'll see you lighter.

Joanne in AZ

Last edited by joe anne; 07-05-2002 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:25 PM   #37  
JML
Success Story!!!

Well, I did talk to my brother. He got irritated with me for objecting to what he said, and told me I'm too sensitive though he did say he didn't mean to be offensive. I don't think it's too much to ask to not be called vulgar things, but he does, and said so. He says it's normal. Oh well, we may not agree, but I at least said what I wanted to instead of overeating.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:10 PM   #38  

Bravo, Jeanne! You took the right track and you are in control.

I personally think it is not normal to call people vulgar things and sometimes saying someone is "too sensitive" just means someone can't admit they were wrong or say they're sorry. But hopefully this approach will get through to your brother since he said he didn't mean to be offensive.

By the bye, what vulgarity would he think it would be OK for you to call him? Oh that would be different, wouldn't it? Of course, we know you wouldn't - but it does help to put things in perspective.

Anyway, 'ray for Jeanne. Stick to your course and hit that next goal!
Old 07-05-2002, 09:28 PM   #39  

Joe Anne, Bravo to you as well. Talking it out and finding a way to work the treat into your plan and motivation! Way to go.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:29 AM   #40  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Good Morning Everyone

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!

Well I did it! I took my kids to the waterpark and I went down the slides and the whole shabang. I was extremely self conscience when we first arrived, but with it being a holiday and all there wasn't that many people there, mostly moms with kids. I had a great time!

I have been terribly bad the last couple of days, eating eating eating and no water So today I must stay OP! I need to get my rear back on track. I want to lose 2 pounds this week, and I wont take anything less

Time to run off to work, I'll write more laters
Traci
Old 07-07-2002, 10:36 PM   #41  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I am coming out of the holiday weekend 5 points over for the week.. but it has been tough!
Not sure if I want to weigh in tomorrow with weightwatchers... but I know I should. Tomorrow was my due date for my 10% - looks like I'm not going to make it. I hate it when I fail! I look on the bright side - I haven't quit!!! and that is success alone for me

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

Miss you all...
Dana
Old 07-08-2002, 02:08 AM   #42  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

I'm gonna go ahead and make a new thread... this one is getting up there...lol
Closed Thread