S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

Well done that is amazing!
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #17  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone! I've got to tell you I'm addicted. The races are a blast, the people you meet are great, it's just nice to be living the life I always thought I would have.

Matt, YogaGal, RomaceDiva
Good luck with your race goals! You guys can do it, there are so many types of runners at these races, all different ages, sizes, athletic ability, it's just great to see everyone out there doing their thing!

I started the C25K program on 12/10/08 these are some of my times I made note of, all 5K times on the treadmill:
12/18 - 43:30 (run and walk)
12/26 - 42:00 (run and walk)
1/8 - 37:42 (mostly running)
1/29 - 34:24 (all running)
3/15 - 32:43 (1st 5K race)

The only time I ran in my life was in the Army but that was 8 yrs ago and I hated it back then (for the most part) because I had to do it. Now I LOVE it!

Anyone can do it just get out there and put one foot in front of the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie131 View Post
Great run and that is a wonderful time for your 1st 10K!!! Awesome job!

Hey, I love your shirt. What brand is it? It is very flattering (and Lord knows, I need some 'flatter')
Thanks Julie, It's a Nike Dri-Fit shirt. Found it at TJ Maxx or Marshalls (I'm all about cheap workout gear). I'm a big fan of the Nike Dri-Fit shirts, nice fit & it keeps me dry bc I sweat like a maniac (it's kind of gross).

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxy511 View Post
Okay, first off, I love that playlist, I'm totally stealing it.

Second, you did such a great job on your first 10K!! I am so totally impressed, probably because I'm not a runner so I always admire the people that are. I secretly dream of being able to do even just a 5K, but I am so not good at running, lol.

But you are GREAT!! (And I agree that the green shirt is so cute, where did you get that??)
Hey Emily, I'm not a good runner either but I try You can do a 5K too! You just have to train and get I can't be a runner idea out of your head. Once you get past the 1st mile it gets easier. I think alot of it is in you head, there are days where I can easily talk myself out of a run and other times talk myself into going further then I though I ever could. Glad you enjoyed the playlist!!
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Way to go! What an accomplishment! You rock!!!!!Love the pics!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #19  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I'd consider running a 10k if it came with banana nutella crepes, and I'm still struggling with my 1 mile!

You are awesome!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #20  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutio View Post
I'd consider running a 10k if it came with banana nutella crepes, and I'm still struggling with my 1 mile!

You are awesome!
Thanks glutio! I haven't had those in MONTHS and they were awesome! I don't miss fast food anymore but I miss sweets so I have to indulge once and a while or I'll go nuts.
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote