Old 01-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #46  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystyblue85 View Post
I have a couple to add:

I will NOT miss walking up the stairs at work and having to talk to someone while I'm out of breath, knowing they can tell I'm having a hard time communicating

I will NOT miss feeling like a fat *** for taking an elevator (it always feels like the other people on there feel like I should be taking the stairs)

I will NOT miss the stares I get when I walk into a normal size clothes store (usually I'm shopping for a gift, but its so obvious nothing there will fit me)

I will NOT miss all the comments of: "You would be so much prettier if you lost a few pounds" and "Your face is so pretty"

I will NOT miss being the fattest person in the room

I will NOT miss the stares I get from smaller people when I am in the grocery store buying junk food for my hubby...the stares in the cart are REAL people!

I will NOT miss avoiding all mirrors, reflections of myself, or anything that will give me a glimpse of how I have let myself go...

AND HERES A SHOCKER:
I WILL miss shopping a torrid.com....they have the CUTEST thick girl clothes I have ever seen...
OH MAN! I hate when my one VERY SKINNY guy friend drags me shopping at H & M when CLEARLY nothign will fit me there. I feel ridiculous!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

OMG!!! I LOVED this thread! It is good to laugh at ourselves but to also know I am not alone. I had to get a MRI recently and I was too big to fit into the machine!!! What??? The other (bigger) one was broken! I walked out to a waiting room of people who were next and my poor husband says ,"Wow! That was fast!" I felt pretty sad. And I have also flown recently and did have a horrible time fastening the seat belt! And the bra issues...I could go on forever. I get (have) a terrible rash around my bra line. AND once I lose weight I want to become the sex kitten my husband deserves!!!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #48  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Oh redreine your post made me think of another one. One time my husband told me I was so sexy chubby and he that liked me either skinny (which I was before having kids) or chubby but not inbetween. I was like WTH?! Lol. He meant is as a compliment but it came across weird, kind of funny though lol.

Last edited by 2ndChance09; 01-25-2009 at 08:02 PM.
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #49  
Motivated for 2009

Oh I thought of another one...waiting forever at the Dr's office for them to find a bigger cuff for the blood pressure machine and have them make comments like oh we hardly ever use the big cuff so I don't know where it is. Um okay do you never have bigger people come here or something?! Lol, it is embarrassing!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #50  
Motivated for 2009

Oh I just thought of another one lol, having to wear 2 hospital gowns (each on a different way) so both sides are covered!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #51  
Nine years to go!

S/C/G: 270/256/140

Height: 5'2

OH man the hospital thing reminded me of this....

I had to have an ultrasound about a year ago for a non-pregnancy related thing and after a couple of minutes the technician said "Um, could you, uh, pull your belly up a little bit?" I wanted to crawl under the table.
Ten Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #52  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I find it odd that some of you have problems that I have never had even though you are smaller than me and are the same height.

For example, I use the regular sized cuff for blood pressure, and I have had an MRI and fit intot he machien but then again I don't know if it was a 'big' machine or a 'small' machine?

Also I'm really surprised I dont' get rashes. I mean I have flops of fat everywhere! *LOL*

I guess I should stop questioning it and just consider myself lucky!!!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #53  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I will miss Torrid. And I always hate it when my friends drag me into a regular store. I really feel like people are thinking, "PFFFT, you can't fit into anything here!"
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #54  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I will NOT miss feeling like the odd man out when my friends and I go shopping together and they can go in 98% of the clothing stores, and I can only go in Torrid and Lane Bryant.

I will NOT miss fixing my shirt every 10 seconds to make sure that my "fat folds" are "concealed".

I will NOT miss feeling as large as the Titanic next to my Paris Hilton sized friends.

I will NOT miss seeing the dirty looks a waiter gives me for ordering water or a diet coke at dinner because they think they only thing I should have is full boat coke cause I am a fattie.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #55  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

lottie, I get what you're saying. I guess I'm lucky, too...I'm the same size or bigger but don't have a lot of these issues. Maybe the weight is just distributed differently?

redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #56  

Reading this thread made me laugh so hard I actually snorted & almost fell off my seat.... I love this! I'm not alone!!!!!

Thing I hate the worst.... feeling totally mortified & embarrassed of my body when my boyfriend & I are "together" (*winkwink*)... & jumping away everytime he gets close to my stomach.

Last edited by lalique; 01-26-2009 at 12:32 AM.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #57  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

Sex is another thing I feel very lucky with. To me, since he's dating me and seeing me naked, he obviously loves my body, so there is nothing to be self-concious about.

Plus, men are so focused on the act that they don't notice every little imperfection. We're goddesses to them.
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

i will not miss feeling like im redoing the scene from shallow hal when i sit in a chair. i keep waiting for all 4 legs to spread eagle on me.

i will not miss having a boil under my stomach flap and having to have hubby lift up my bulk and check it out for me.. didnt bother him, but i wanted to die.

i will not miss getting up outta bed and my stomach hitting my legs with that 'sound' that only We recognise.

i will not miss having a very narrow bathtub and having to turn the water on and off with my toes cause i cant lean forward enough to reach the faucets.

i will not miss hubby reaching to just touch a breast and me worring that its sweaty underneath and dont wanna gross him out.

i will not miss bathing just before 'ahem' each and every time cause i sweat in my groin area and dont want him to know.. i miss the spontinaiety.

i will not miss boobs on my back.. the ones in front are bad enough, but on my back?

i will not miss having my shoes tied on the sides cause i cant reach to tie em in the middle... you can always tell a heavy person by that lol

i will not miss the backache i get from standing long periods.. long as in 10 mins lol

i will not miss my lack of 'ahem' drive cause its easier to just watch a film than to actively participate.. gosh i have gotten so lazy

im sure there are zillions more, but its someone elses turn lol
Americaninuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:12 AM   #59  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Years View Post
So hopefully when I am not fat I won't have to blow-dry my boobs anymore!
Best. Quote. Ever. I laughed so loud I think I woke up my neighbor.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 01-26-2009 at 03:12 AM.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 AM   #60  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I will NOT miss thinking that my boyfriend isn't having sex because I'm hideous cause I'm fat. Even when he assures me he is just tired, sick, or otherwise.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote