ok so we all make goals and i'm pretty sure at some point we've all failed to meet one or two of them (in my case more)
so i've come up with a new stratagey for goal setting and it goes like this.
1. select the time frame. for me easter.
2. select a range of goals to achieve in this time period.not one goal but say 4-6.
3. make the goals of varying difficultly. so you have one that is very easy to achieve then they get steadily more difficult. the hardest goal should be hard to achieve but still achievable.
so my time frame is easter so around 3 months.
the goas from easiest to hardest
1. make it to the gym 3 times a week on average.
2. get out and walk in the fresh air once a week.
3. drink 9 glasses of water a day
4. maintain my calories count every day
5. lose 30lbs.
ok so there we have them, making to the gym is easy get in the car and drive its about effort. right up to losing 30lbs in 12 weeks is a big ask but not unachievable as i'm starting at over 300lbs.
by setting the multiple goals i've given myself a safety net. normally if i set a goal and something goes wrong and i realise i wont make it i give up and that usually ques falling off the wagon. but by setting multiple ones if one become unobtainable i.e if after 9 weeks i've only lost 10lbs then i wont make 20 in the next 3 but i still have the other goals to try and achieve so all is not lost
if you shoot for the stars at least you'll hit the moon.