Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 10:45 PM   #31  

Angry Hi guys!

I had a much better day food wise, actually I think I was on target. I had a mandatory training class, then went to the hospital to see mom. She is running a temp, maybe just from inflammation from surgery, they are unsure at this point. But still doing well, I pray that, png 2, Bella, bethanne and hubby all feel much better soon, being sick is a drag. Png also pray all goes well with your mom's test.Jennifer good luck on your job transfer, hope you get it. I'm off work tom. but will be at the hospital all day, gotta go work out in the morning though. Hope all have a great day!
Old 05-15-2002, 11:02 PM   #32  
Losin It For GOOD!

The bad news is... I still feel HORRIBLE!!! I hope I can at least make it in to work for a little while tomorrow... Whatever this thing is, its killin me.

The good news is, WE GOT THE APARTMENT!!!! HOORAY!!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:38 AM   #33  

Angry Good for you!

I am happy to hear you got the apt. Hope yoursoon feeling much better as well.Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:46 AM   #34  
Losin It For GOOD!

Good Mornin Ladies and Gents..

Hey PoetsDawn, where you been hidin?

Well I'm at work today, although that's about all I can say for myself. The fever is gone though, so that is a huge huge huge relief. 2 days of fever is 2 days too many in my opinion!

I am mostly feeling relieved today, that we did get that apartment. I was really starting to get nervous. Now, at least, we can give our landlord 30 days notice, and Hopefully he'll give us some of the rent back, since we're paid through the end of June, but moving out June 15th.

have a good day girls...
Old 05-16-2002, 10:24 AM   #35  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Beth Anne, I'm SO glad you got your place! Hope everything goes smoothly with the move, hug the pup for me I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better too, I'm forcing myself to be better, couldn't stand just being sick and doing nothing anymore, so, I pulled myself together last night, got off the ole couch, and worked my booty
I think Steven may be having a bit of puter burnout again, he's not been around all that much, and when he is, it's when I'VE not been around, lol, been away from the puter a lot, spending time with hubby, and dealing with the kiddies

My mom's cath went well, she called me when they let her go home, the doctor that did it said the same thing I said in the first place, if there was some question that the pain could possibly be coming from her stomach, they should have done an upper and lower GI, because there is no blockages, and except for her CHF, which is no small thing, but not nearly bad enough for what she's been going through, her heart is healthy.

Well I'm feeling extremely dedicated again, now that I got past my poor me crying and whining...hehe ( I gotta whine a LITTLE bit when I feel icky...) and I should be fully back on track today
Old 05-16-2002, 11:49 AM   #36  

I have one question...

Where is everyone?

Don't make me send the hounds out! lol I miss ya all and need ya like the desert needs the rain...isn't that a song or something

I am doing pretty good, not perfect but good. Which am thankful for. It's a beautiful day here which always helps everyones attitudes.
No word on the new position..but as I have learned, patience pays off.

PNG..Everyone seems to be getting sick, hope your feeling better soon. Glad Mom is doing well.

doitforme..Being on target feels too good, doesn't it? Keep up the good work.

BA..Congrats on the apartment and your loss, though you've been ill, your having a good week.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:02 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I am here. The last couple days have been good. Just a few problems that I don't know what to do about. I have been feeling pretty good since the doctor put me on the anti-depressant. But at times I feel really goofy and very talkative which I have never been before. I will be rambling on and not getting any work done. Then I will realize what I am doing and get back to work. My husband wants me to get off the medicine as soon as I can. He doesn't like the side effect it causes in the bedroom. It is really embarassing for me to say that. Has anyone had this problem also??? I know it can be frustrating for him but I hope he understands but it is frustating for me also. I hope it's OK to say this here your all friends.

PNG congrats on the weight lose 10 pounds wow!!! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

BA99TJ--Congrats on the apartment.

Well I must get back to work here. Take care all and I can see the pounds drifting away from everyone.

Old 05-16-2002, 01:14 PM   #38  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hello All!!!

Sorry Jennifer - been slacking off. Lots of reading...little posting.

Things here are going pretty well. I seem to be doing much better. Been doing really good with my water and exercise, food is average.

Spent some time in the garden last night weeding and planting. I just love spring. I'm not looking forward to spending all my summer watering my pretties, but it's worth it.

I am looking forward to a pampered Saturday. MIL is taking Jacob for the day and I have a pedicure scheduled and I am going to spend the rest of the day working on this adorable cross-stitch for Jacob's 1st haircut. Soooo cute.

BethAnne & PNG - Glad your feeling better

Bella - Glad Kimberly is feeling better

No time for all individual responses.

Love Ya!!
Old 05-16-2002, 06:32 PM   #39  

Hi all. Sorry I've not been around. My daughter was in a bad accident last Thursday on her way home for the summer. A lady came over into her lane, hit her, she slid across both lanes of traffic and took out a light pole. Thank God for seatbelts and airbags. She had some burns form the airbag, bruises, and some cuts from the shattered windshield. But nothing was broken. She was very lucky. It probably added about 10 years to my life.
Her walking away from that was the best Mother's Day present I could have gotten.
I also had some dental work done. I was in the chair 3 1/2 hours except to go to the bathroom. My jaw has been sore for several days and I can't chew on my left side. This has made dieting really easy.
I have doing real well with low-carb. I have also been drinking loads of water. Actually water is the only thing I have drunk since April 21. Not even a diet soft drink. I've also lost 9 more pounds so I'm at 292 now. That's 40 lbs. gone. 10 more and I get a reward.
Hope everyone has a great Friday. I think I can make it to chat tomorrow night.

Carol
Old 05-16-2002, 08:23 PM   #40  

Well, the dinner is over and they all seem to have appreciated all the work I put in decorating the hats. The tables were quite beautiful with a lot of pastel tulle puddled down the center of the tables and 2 hat tableaux on each table. We also used several of those collectible mini shoes and handbags, a mini dress form, 2 mini resin dresses, lace parasols, white gloves and tons of pearls. There were a few other things, but I won't bore you any longer! It was fun...kinda like playing 'dress-up'!

It's a good thing the decorating went well, cause the food surely hasn't! I've eaten fast food 3 times this week and homemade pizza twice!! Time to get the HUGE rear in gear!!

BA, I'm soooo happy about the apt. Hope you and dh are completely well soon. This is a heck of a way to lose weight! (There are better ways...I promise!)

Carol, I also say 'thank God for seatbelts and airbags;! That would have been terrifying! I can't even imagine! [size=huge]CONGRATULATIONS ON ANOTHER 9 LBS.!!![/SIZE] You are doing an excellent job! Are you still doing Body Flex? How do you like the results?

Sue, I'm diligently praying for you and your mom. Good job on being back on plan. You're also doing a great job.

Sandi, ooooo good for you...pedicure! I'd sure love to see your garden!! Maybe Mom and I will have to take a day trip to IN sometime! How is that adorable little Jacob?

Bella, I'm also happy to hear that Kimberly is doing so well. Hope you are feeling well. Check in soon and let us know how everything is going.

Jennifer, I'm still around also! I hadn't even read your post when I popped in on you to say Hi! I think you're better than 'pretty good'! :wink:

Tamara, I'd hate to see you stop your meds. I know how much they can help depression...first hand!! Have you talked to the doc about the bedroom problems? I know that that can be one of the side effects. I'm not 'active' that way so I don't know if I'm affected or not!

PNG...what can I say!!! You are doing an awesome job, girlie!

Hey...this is really getting long! If I lose another post, I'll...I don't know...so I'll finish later!
Old 05-16-2002, 08:54 PM   #41  

Continuing...

P, I'm very glad your mom's cath went well. Is her doc going to do the GI series? Sounds like they'd better keep looking.

Jen, how is it going? You were upset by your .2 lb gain. Don't beat yourself up over that. It's only 1/8 of a pound! We can sneeze that much out!!...or potty!! How's Drake...I love that name.

Jennifer, I'm praying for you to get that promotion. That would be sooo fab! Good luck...and you are right...good things come to those who wait.

BA, how did you fare from going to work? Hope it didn't set you back any.

Hi to everybody I haven't mentioned personally. Come back soon.

OK, I guess I'm done!! Have a great day Fri, everyone.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:23 PM   #42  
Old Cackler

Default sorry jen

guilt guilt guilt

i've been putting in too many hours at this 'freelance job that might become permanent if they meet my salary demands' [yes, we've come to that point. at least, it's a decision!!!]

and it's right in the middle of outlet heaven in secaucus, so that'll be a happy thing when [if???] i decide to buy new clothes.

so many stressful thiings happening around here!!! i wish i could just give you all a hug, and an OP dinner all ready cooked to make your lives a little easier [we nice italian girls can't EVER get away from the food = comfort idea]

mom and i were also in the ER on mothers' day. she banged her hand, no broken bones, and now it looks awful, as it heals.

otherwise, i have a bad cold, and i want a hot shower and bed!!!

so, what am i doing?? posting!!!

oh as for the food thing... doing pretty well. the support group was tuesdya, and everyone's up in arms about the dietician, her arrogance, and her lousy advice!!! that about sums it up!!! she weighs about 110pounds, and has never had a weight problem.

and she just doesn't want to hear about how some of us are coping with the protein drinks and eating schedule and the water drinking and the exercise and on and on and on and on...

i've already complained to the surgeon [an absolute sweetheart. and i don't understand why this man who barely clears 5'4" and weighs maybe 120 pounds has chosen to take care of us huge folks and does it with such kindness and grace] [now where was this thought going?? hold on.. it'll come back....]]

oh yes. and he and his nurse said that they're looking to make some changes.

see??? brain cold!!!

keep your chin up, ya'll...
Old 05-16-2002, 10:08 PM   #43  
Still Hanging Around:)

Default Hey:)

Sorry I've been so quiet lately! The end-of-the-school-year stuff for the kids has had me running ragged! Dave (dh) leaves tomorrow for the weekend for the National Guard (he'll be gone til Sunday afternoon). Tori (my 8-year old) has her dance recital on Sunday, with her dress rehearsal on Saturday. My sister is having a thrift sale on Saturday that we'll try to get to.

I actually showed up a whole WEEK early for Logan's (5-year old son) preschool graduation! LOL! I tell you.... that's what happens when my schedule gets so chaotic!

**Get Well Vibes** coming to those who need them
+++Prayers+++ to everyone who needs them
And tons of support for you all!!!
Old 05-17-2002, 07:32 AM   #44  

Angry Hi ya's

What a dreary drizzly day! Looks like its going to pour any second now. I did good yesterday eating, but had a gain of 3 lbs, probably coming from those few bad days, or water, oh well, what's a girl to do? Mom is doing much better, temp is down, and she has been up walking, so all going well. Png glad to hear your mom's heart cath went good, now to the g.i. to solve any problems there. Thanks Sakk, and velvet for your get well prayers, much appreciated. Hope png and ba, bella feeling better, very happy you got your apt. ba. Jiffy pop pray your mom's head heals quickly, and carol that your daughter heals quickly as well. Jen I keep praying for your promotion, hope that all goes well. Velvet, your dinner party sounds like it would have been fun, too bad the food wasn't good. I think every once in while we need to indulge in pizza and burgers just get back on track,you've done so well. Jacobsmommy those flowers sound nice, , but then again so does the peticure, relax and enjoy. Everyone have a great day.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:52 AM   #45  

Starting new thread..
Closed Thread