Old 12-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #16  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

The collar bone is still my favorite-- don't remember ever seeing it in a picture before! Yay! Enjoy those moments!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/175/150

Height: 5'5

I have to reply - I just felt my tailbone and the bottom of my sternum bone (that thing on chest in between ribs) and considered going for x-rays because I think they are freakishly long. Who knows? Can't remember ever feeling mine and never felt anyone elses for comparison. I can tell you that I feel very out of touch with this new body. Before when I would diet & I'd lose even 5lbs (needing to lose 100) I would feel like the skinniest girl and walk around like I was super hot. Now I actually have lost significant weight and somedays I think I'm amazing and some days I feel like I am so gross. I am adjusting to being noticed by people (men) & I'm starting to be annoyed by the comments about how much I've lost. This weight loss thing really is a mindf**k - all diets should come with some sort of therapy!
skinnyinsideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #18  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I have been having problems sleeping And I have only lost 13 lbs so far..But the change feels so drastic that I can barely sleep.It gets better As we feel healthier & look better Is what I hear!!! HANG IN THERE!

Last edited by Lori259; 12-10-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #19  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I noticed my boobs getting smaller!!(THANK GOD!) And My hiny (THANK GOD!)
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm wondering if I might have gigantic hip bones, because I'm still pretty big and they feel really close to my skin. I can especially feel them when I'm laying on my side... I expected it when I was smaller, but I don't remember this from when I was around this weight. bizarre.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

I called my oncologist in a panic about a month ago - I had bumps on my boobs that had not been there at my last self-exam - I swear.
Since she is a great doc, and used to crazy people, she got me in and told me that it felt like normal breast tissue, but if it still felt wrong to me, we would do an ultrasound after Christmas.

Last night, DD was helping me try on a party dress for our company party, and she commented on how much my chest has shrunk.

I just realized - losing the fat in my boob is letting normal breast tissue be palpable. Wow - I'll have to write that down to talk to the doc about - so I don't have to do an ultrasound!
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #22  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
I can't *wait* to finally have my PSIS (posterior superior iliac spine) dimples pop out. Those are the little dimples thin people get, one on each side at the top of their tailbone. I will be dancing around the room and probably taking more than one slightly-unsafe-for-work picture!!
I just read this thread, and I think it is funny that sidhe mentioned these 'dimples' - mine just popped out this week apparently. I noticed them in the tub on Monday night and thought something was wrong with me, so I immediately got out and ran to find DH to ask him to look at my butt and tell me what was going on back there. (And don't think that isn't funny in retrospect - I'm running out of our bedroom with my hair soaking wet, poorly wrapped towel around me, yelling "Baby, where are you? I need you to look at my butt right now!", "Hey, baby, have you seen my butt?", etc. Luckily he wasn't home yet and the noise I thought was him was just the cat, so I didn't have to explain to him why I was acting all crazy running up and down the stairs with my butt hanging out, trying to turn and look at it while I ran... ) Later when I was calmer I asked him about it and he said "Yeah, those showed up last week, I thought you knew."
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Oooh ... butt dimples. Yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing (feeling?) those.

And we're not talking those clumps of fat butt dimples either.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 12-11-2008 at 04:32 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #24  
Workin' It

Oh no, these are totally different from my previous fat clumpy butt dimples! Two days later and I'm still poking them with my finger to see if they are still there!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Have I mentioned how much I love this site and you guys?

Maybe I'm feeling all mushy from my romantic evening last night, but ... geeze. I love being able to come here and talk about butt dimples and what it feels like to be not-fat, and all those other things that most people would think we were crazy for talking about.

Butt dimples. *giggle* Even my guy won't get it.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #26  
Workin' It

I totally agree, Photo, and was thinking something similar earlier when I read Kaplods post about people needing flashing signs on their forehead for things they do wrong. "I went to the bathroom five minutes ago and didn't wash my hands - and I pooped" turned my entire day around in a more positive direction.

Where else do we get these kinds of conversations? I tried to discuss my butt dimples with my guy, and while he likes them A LOT apparently, he didn't understand why I wanted to talk about them.

(Glad you had a good romantic evening, by the way!)
Old 12-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #27  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post
I'm wondering if I might have gigantic hip bones, because I'm still pretty big and they feel really close to my skin. I can especially feel them when I'm laying on my side... I expected it when I was smaller, but I don't remember this from when I was around this weight. bizarre.
Odd you should say that... I'm 304 lbs and at 314 I could definitely feel my hip bones right at my skin.. I know I have the hourglass figure, or as somebody once said, the month glass figure.. ahaha but yeh... I can DEFINITELY feel my hip bones almost at my skin right now.. I think big hips are sexy though so im not too worried.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #28  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Oooh ... butt dimples. Yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing (feeling?) those.

And we're not talking those clumps of fat butt dimples either.

Hahaha, I hear you on that one, I can't freaking wait to see those!!!!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #29  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
This sort of thing doesn't horrify me at all--it delights me! I'm a physical therapy assistant, so I've got immediate identification of my "pokey parts". Clavicle--check! Olecranon process--check! Acromion--check! My bones delight me, and I can spend hours (okay, minutes at least) tracing the paths of my muscles and tendons.

I can't *wait* to finally have my PSIS (posterior superior iliac spine) dimples pop out. Those are the little dimples thin people get, one on each side at the top of their tailbone. I will be dancing around the room and probably taking more than one slightly-unsafe-for-work picture!!

Learn about the body. It's fascinating and magical. Just go to the store and find a good book. DK (Dorling Kindersley, sorry if that's spelled wrong) make a FANTASTIC anatomy book that's detailed but not overwhelming. Hopefully you can start to embrace the magic that is your beautiful body.

ive ALWAYS got those... is that weird or a good thing?? i have them now, always have since i guess my body finished distributing my weight to a more hourglass shape... even when i put weight on?
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #30  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am really sad. I don't think I have any butt dimples.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote