Old 11-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default Completely in tears

you know, i felt like i have been looking pretty good!
i left the house feeling good about myself, i was dancing around and having a good time... then i saw the pictures from the night. the first full body picture i have seen of myself in a very very long time...
im in shock, i'm humilated to look that badly and barely want to be seen in public now.

pictures are evil.

thats me in the jeans and black shirt dancing with the girl in the white top in the one picture, then in the second picture, i'm in the background...

my thighs, my bum, my belly, my face... i'm so fat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n502745977_1088109_7630.jpg (24.0 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg n608106474_1470042_3191.jpg (23.1 KB, 245 views)
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Picture moments are tough, and we have all had them. Don't let them get you down, use them for motivation to keep going. You have already lost 16 pounds!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

KateRN, I can't believe your feeling the same way as I. Last night my hub and I went to an engagement party and table pics were taken - I thought I looked pretty good yesterday - Yep, the bride to be developed those photo's at a one hour place and to my amazement I did not look the way I felt. OUCH, OUCH and OUCH!

Ok, here's the perk - when WE do get there - IMAGINE how we are gonna feel then...don't get discouraged, get empowered - your gonna love that photo in a month or so ... (that's how I'm looking at it-and I'm doing all in my power to make that a TRUTH)...

Keep us posted - btw, I think you look good!
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #4  
Go Patriots!!!!

S/C/G: 277

Height: 5'9"

Pictures are evil.... just know that your progress is coming along and soon enough the pictures will follow... just hang in there...
ProvGirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

(hugs)

I think you are a beautiful girl but I know how you feel. I hate seeing myself in photo's

You are on the way to a new and healthier you though! you go girl!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #6  

Full body pictures will be the death of me. I HATE them with a passion.
IMO, You don't look bad at all.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

I agree, you are a beautiful girl and dont get too down. you are doing something about it! you are on your way, so dont be discouraged by those pics. I also avoid full body pics like the plague because they are so horrifying to look at, but like chunkymonkey said, you will love that picture in a few months when you can see how far you've come. keep your head up
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #8  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi I know how you feel! I can't remember the last time I willing took a picture. I'm so embarrassed to go out most of the time and seeing the latest of my pics was a awake up call! I think you look great already, but hey we're all in this together! Welcome to the forum
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Pictures are terrible. Period. They should not change how good you felt about yourself! 16lbs is 16lbs! And that is a huge starting accomplishment! You will continue to like what you see in pictures more and more. Don't let it get you down!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #10  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

Pictures are evil... and mirrors... Every time I look in the mirror I feel like a centaur... that my butt is as big as a horse.

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 11-10-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Forgot about the censor... oops...
Arthwen1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

We can be so hard on ourselves. Give yourself a break. You deserve it. Really, I noticed how much fun everyone was having before I noticed your thighs and butt I wouldnt have even focused on you. When I first look at the pic on the right, I noticed the man and woman in the front holding each other and smiling so BIG, then the girl dancing with you. She is really into it. I didnt "notice" you at first. I looked for you because you told me to. I guarantee if you were smiling in the cameras vision ~ I would have focused on that before anything else. In the second pic ; I automatically saw the fun the couple in front was having. Don't let a picture (a moment in time) dictate to you how you feel about yourself! Don't think that everyone who saw their pictures from that night was satisfied. We are our worse judge. I like pictures that catch people in a moment (lively and free) versus a portrait. JMHO!!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:58 AM   #12  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

You see yourself as looking bad because we all focus on every little thing about ourselves that we'd like to be different. There are features you called out that I wouldn't consider problem areas at all.

I see someone who's confident about herself.
I see someone who's having a good time with friends who are having a good time.
I see someone who is being physically active! This is going to help you in your weight loss goal and in trimming up your shape.
Now you'll have the "almost" before pictures you wouldn't have taken voluntarily. You'll appreciate these as you get closer to the end of your journey.

Don't let these pictures stop you from going out and having a good time and exercising for fun again. Just use them as motivation to continue your weight loss journey.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:02 AM   #13  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Webrover summed it up pretty good. I see exactly the same thing. And not to mention, you look absolutely stunning. You have to remember that people don't look at us how we look at ourselves.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Everyone has stated many of the things I've been thinking. I didn't notice your size....you look like you're have fun. Pictures can really take the wind out of our sails.

You are doing well, friend. You are not just a 'weight'...you are a person with friends, a job and much more.

Please don't be so hard on yourself.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #15  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Everyone has the photo moments... try not to let it take over your mood. You are a fabulous person and super cute. You are on the right track, stick with it!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote