Old 11-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, all!

Ginger - Way to go!! Congratulations

mj - we're having wonderful weather here, too! Yesterday was 78 - unheard of for around here! And today is going to be 73. I've been taking walks outside while I still can!

Beverly - good job yesterday! Keep it up

Jen - glad to hear you are feeling better!

Having a pretty good day today. Took the dog for a nice long walk in our hilly neighborhood last night & am feeling it this morning! Thanks for the well wishes for my dad. I talked to him for a long time last night & he is doing pretty good. He took a week of vacation to rest & I think just being home for the last couple of days has already made a world of difference

My plan:

breakfast - apple, yogurt
snack - turkey pepperoni
lunch - pear, Heathy Choice dinner, sugar-free pudding cup
snack - carrot sticks, Kashi bar
supper - don't know for sure, but I'm thinking turkey pizza & green beans

Have a wonderful, OP day, everyone!
ClydieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 280/273.5/170

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

ClydieCat - Of course you could have come over!

Last nights dinner was WONDERFUL! Even my picky hubby liked it! The pork chop recipe is pretty dang low carb too

Today -
Breakfast - Coffee... Bad morning (I dropped the car key as I was getting in the car and it bounced to the middle of the car. I had to crawl to get it It's on the key ring now!)
Snack - Skipped. I've been so busy that I just realized that it's almost lunch time.
Lunch - Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer Chicken Margherita
Snack - Apple or Orange
Dinner - Turkey Tenderloin (depending on dentist appointment and voting line wait) If it takes to long, we may just have Sandwiches for dinner.
Elyndria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #18  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'm kind of freaking out......today when I got home, the approval letter from the worker's comp people was in the mailbox!!!! I seriously thought I was looking a months of drama, lawyers appts, court hearings, etc. NOPE! They are only responsible for 25% (my regular insurance covers the rest), but they ALWAYS hold things up! For some reason, not this time!

I am happy, I guess. In shock and totally freaking out is more like it!!! Guess I thought I would have more time to mentally prepare for major knee surgery! Dh laughed and said maybe both drs can get together and do both surgeries at once...unfortunately, two totally different hospitals.....
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

mj- way to go on it getting resolved sooner...which is great! darn...two hospitals though does it seem to be coming too quickly? you sound really nervous....

Hi elyndria!

Hi Clydie - good to hear your dad is okay. sometimes it's good to feel a bit 'sore' from our exercise!

Jeniansmom- glad to hear you have more 'oommph!'...it's nice to feel a bit more energized!

Beverlyjoy- thanks for asking! - the job is part time (17.5 hr./week), its variable hours, but mostly evening shifts and weekends, it's a permanent position which is nice too. But GET THIS: remember I was denied health insurance? This comes with the whole she-bang: medical, dental, vision, chiro, physio...etc....for the whole family and it covers pre-existing medication which right now DH and I are on about 400$ of meds a month combined. It's at a rec center, close to home (7 min "commute"), down the street from their preschool, around the corner from several of their schools (elementary, middle and high school) and there is free parking...the list goes on!....I get 50% off programs (like belly dancing and yoga, skating...etc) but that doesn't cover the kids, which is too bad. I could go ON and ON. I still have to go through 3 months of work first before benefits kick in, but that's okay - it's well worth it. It's almost worth it just for the benefits. I start tomorrow! DH is going to cover lots and Grandma occasionally. I am going to try to find some emergency care in case neither of those two are available. By next year, I'll have more of an idea of schedules and the kids will be in kindergarten, so it's just from now till september to juggle things.

I am so excited.

Okay, I'm off....

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 AM   #20  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Kissingginger- congrats on the new job! Sounds like a keeper!

tomorrow's plan:
B- banana, yogurt, 1 T peanut butter
s- 10 pizza rice crackers, 1 cm old cheese
L- 1 salmon fillet, 2 cups brussells sprouts, 1 rice cake
s- applesauce cup, 1/4 cup almonds
D- 2 cups homemade chicken fajita soup , 2 T salsa and 2 slices sprouted grain toast
s- 100 cal smart popcorn, serving (23) sunrype fruit bites
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:20 AM   #21  
mj5

Good Morning! It's going to be another gorgeous day today!

Ginger--Wow, that sounds fantastic!!!! I would have to agree, worth it for the benefits! Most part time jobs don't include benefits and your includes a LOT! That is fantastic, I am SO happy for you! As for the surgery, I am nervous, but more in shock...this ins co, has help up EVERYTHING in the past, so I seriously thought I had about a year before I would get approval from them. A year to wrap my brain around the concept of this surgery (it's a biggie!), be at (or at least a lot closer) to my goal weight...things like that. It just totally took me by surprise. Of course, who knows how long it will take to get it scheduled. Plus, we have a lot of stuff going on at work (don't we always!), a big proposal we are working on that could mean a promotion for me, stuff like that. With this surgery I am looking at being out of work for at least 4 weeks, most likely longer. There is a possibility of being able to do some work from home (gotta love technology!), but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #22  
BlockHead =)

Ugh. Tired. Stayed up too late watching results. My throat is about the same as yesterday. I am going to take another day off of exercise unless I have some mass reserve of energy that kicks in tonight

Today's plan:
B: peach Fage yogurt
S: rf string cheese and apple
L: ham, cheese, mustard wrap
S: rf string cheese and grapes
D: leftover chili, rf shredded cheese, slice of sprouted bread with butter
S: chocolate ricotta creme with whipped cream
Water, water, water

Happy Wednesday all!
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #23  
BlockHead =)

mj5 - congratulations on the approval coming through. Sounds like you've got a lot to prepare for... Breathe!

Ginger - sounds like things are really looking up! Great benes package!
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Ginger! Congrats on the job AND the shrinking thighs! That is way cool

I actually got to move my ticker DOWN today, WOOHOO! It's been while. I got back up to 237 before I got a grip.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

mj - That's great! What surgery are they doing on your knees? Is it laproscopic or total replacement? I am heading down that road soon myself.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 315/197/148

Default Another bump in the road...

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I've not been regular with my posting. I have been reading and sending encouraging thoughts and prayers.

MJ - congrats on your approval and I'm sending prayers for safe surgery and quick recovery.

Ginger - Whoo hooo on the job! Sounds like a perfect fit.

Beverly - glad you're taking care of yourself and that you had a good visit.

Kayla - Sending healing thoughts/prayers for you parents.

Rhonda - You go girl with the positive attitude and congrats on the job!

Jeniansmom - Kudos on getting all your water yesterday.

CFMomma - good job on Day 40!

Lynn - Way to go on getting back to your ticker.

I'm not a happy psmf'er today. I found out yesterday that I have a very large hernia and need repair soon. What's worse is that it seems to be getting larger. I go for a CT scan on Friday and have to drink that barium like stuff YUCKY. I have to go off supplements a week before surgery (scheduled for 12/8) including fish oils. I had just increased them and voila the hunger did lessen. My little brother comes in from CA after the test. Hopefully it will not change and require immediate attention.

I am grateful it was nothing worse. Weird though, popping up out of the blue like...

Have a great day all!
FitMommaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #27  
mj5

Hi everyone. So my knee pain is totally out of control today. Some of it is self-induced...wait, that doesn't sound right!!!! I have been up and down the stairs at work WAY too many times today, so I know I over-did it. I am choosing not to go to the gym after work. I am going to go home, take some pain meds and relax.

Lyn--Great job!!!! All of your hard work is paying off! It's a partial replacement--they call it a "deuce"--resurfacing 2 of the surfaces (for me, that will be the knee cap and the medial side). It is less invasive than a total replacement--they will leave my ligaments and as much bone as they can intact.

bigmommacat--Oh no! Like you said, it's good that it isn't something worse! Also sending you lots of ++++ thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery! Thanks.

So I called my ortho for an appt. I actually meant to call yesterday, but I ran out of time. I want to get another injection in my knee (sounds funny to "want" such a thing!) to help keep the pain somewhat in check. Now that I know I have the approval, I can ask a zillion questions! He can see me Friday afternoon, which is a lot sooner than I thought!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Good afternoon!

mj - glad the WC came through for you! Rest that knee tonight - I hope it feels better!

Ginger - those are awesome benefits! Congrats!

Jen - hope your throat starts feeling better!

Lyn - glad the ticker started moving down - good for you!

bigmommacat - sorry to hear about the hernia I hope it gets resolved quickly & your recovery is smooth!

Busy day at work today. I work in HR & this is our benefit renewal time. I've been in a meeting since 9:00am this morning! We had lunch & I was soooo tempted to go off plan, but I stuck with it & had a salad with grilled chicken, no dressing or croutons. It was good

Hope everyone is having a great, OP day!

ETA my plan:

breakfast - yogurt, apple
lunch - salad with grilled chicken
snack - sugar-free pudding
supper - chicken & green beans skillet
snack - 100 cal popcorn, banana

Last edited by ClydieCat; 11-05-2008 at 04:42 PM.
ClydieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:49 AM   #29  
mj5

Good Morning! Ugh, didn't sleep well again last night....

Clydiecat--You must be busy, working in HR this time of year! We have had several meetings....about changes in insurance, our flex plan...all that good stuff! Great job w/ lunch!!!

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing? Is the rest helping your foot?

Rhonda--How are you?

Ginger--How did the first day go?

Hi to everyone else!!!

I didn't end up taking any pain meds last night and I am really sorry that I didn't. I am going to break some in 1/2 and take w/ me today to work. If I eat, I can tolerate 1/2 a tab and still function at work (if I really need it). This really stinks! I have been wearing "good" shoes, watching my workouts, all the stuff I am supposed to do...hopefully the end is in sight. Ok, enough of that! All of this whining about it isn't going to help!

Today is going to be another gorgeous day--in the upper 60's, I think we came close to 70 yesterday.

Last night I found two pairs of really nice dress pants in the back of my closet...I don't remember getting them, but I LOVE them! I even have shirts and sweaters to go w/ them already. I must have bought them on clearance last year and tucked them in the back of the closet.

Well, I suppose I should get myself ready for work....I am covering for another manager this week and it is SUPER hectic. It's a good thing we are friends or I wouldn't be quite so good natured about it!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies. I hope everyone is having a good week. I've been trying to rest my foot and wear my brace. It really helps my foot. However, it makes my back hurt so much. Sometimes, I think I can't find the happy medium - but, I keep trying. Doctor's appointment.

Today a long time girl friend is coming for the weekend. I told her that I am 'grounded' to stay home. She said she didn't care. I can't wait to see her.

breakfast - egg whites and ketchup, toast with npnb, apple
lunch - veggie beef soup
snack - yogurt
dinner - at a restaurant. (very short walk) something healthy
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

MJ - I am sorry to knee is still causing you pain and disrruption to daily living. Maybe, try to do just upper body at the gym. Work sounds hectic! I am so, so glad to hear the medical things have been approved. That is awesome!

Clydie - HI! Good for you staying OP when faced with 'goodies'. That's an awesome accomplishment. Glad you're dad's doing better.

bigmamacat - so sorry about the tests and tummy stuff. I am glad you're brother is coming.

Lyn - YAY...so glad about moving that sticker down!!!!!

jeniasmom - take care of that throat. Good plan!

Ginger - your new job sounds like it's such a keeper. Change is always a bit stressful - but, you'll find your new rhythum.

cfmama - you're plan good yummy as always

elyndria - yummy plan for you...keep up the good work.

Everyone have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-06-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote