3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Menu/Accountability/Planning - Week of November 3 - 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/155524-menu-accountability-planning-week-november-3-9-a.html)

Beverlyjoy 11-03-2008 06:47 AM

Menu/Accountability/Planning - Week of November 3 - 9

Hi Chicks - Here is a place where you can post your daily menu, be accountable (if that is helpful to you), share your plans or get a bit of extra support. Please join in.

Beverlyjoy 11-03-2008 06:52 AM

Hi Chicks...I had a wonderful time in Michigan with my family and grandson. Halloween with a 20 month old is cute. He was dressed up like a sock monkey. He thought it was fun to get some candy and goodies. Later when folks came to his house he would take candy from his own plastic jack o lantern and give it to kids that came. He was mostly into putting candy in and out of everything. He was delighted every time he saw a pumpkin. I did eat candy - ugh. Now I am trying to get back with the program.

I am taking this month off of work to try and get my foot to calm down - so I can avoid surgery. Doctor said to stay off of it - so that's what I'll do.

My plans for today:

Breakfast - egg white omlette with ketchup, applesauce, pnb toast
lunch - kashi waffle with pnb, boca bacon, green bean salad
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner - tuna salad with lite mayo, steamed brocolli, garlic toast
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk

I hope every has a great day!

jeniansmom 11-03-2008 07:21 AM

Beveryjoy - welcome home! So happy you had such a great visit. I know it will be hard being patient for a month, but I'm sending you good thoughts that the results will work out for you!

cfmama - Sounds like a great time out! I'm hoping to go dancing in a couple of weeks - I've got the fever :)

mj5 - a fun and successful shopping trip - woohoo!

Lyn - so cool about the Quaker Oats trip! And yes it does take time. It's hard to be patient through the slow times, but you have come so far and you will make it!

I woke up at one point in the night with no sore throat at all. But I woke up later and it was back. I am a mouth breather so I know it's drying out when I sleep. On the plus side I gained a pound back today. I know that sounds weird but I wasn't happy losing that much from lack of food and water. I feel less husklike now that I've been able to get close to a day's quota of water in. I am going to make a plan for food today and stick to it.

We are doing a new group photo at the office today. I didn't get a chance to touch up my roots but I think I'll be ok. I'm looking forward to seeing the difference in my old individual photo and this one. I'll post them at some point.

Today's plan:
B: leftover chicken divan (it's soft and moist)
S: RF string cheese and applesauce
L: leftover chicken divan
S: RF string cheese and grapes
D: Chili with shredded cheese
S: chocolate ricotta creme with whipped cream
Going to push to get my 50 oz of water in

I don't think I'm going to push for exercise yet. We'll see how I feel tonight.

Have a happy, on plan Monday all!

GirlyGirlSebas 11-03-2008 10:24 AM

Hi Friends,

I'm not sure where to start except to say that I've totally lost sight of my plan and have gained back some weight. I haven't been to the fitness center in 3 weeks and I have made no efforts to exercise. And, I've been eating everything in sight...including tons of Halloween candy...and feel like crude. One day, I'll learn that too much sugar makes me feel tired and depressed! This is the first time I've allowed myself to stop coming to 3FC and I'm really scared to let this happen. You all are my support and I know that great support is required to lose and keep the weight off. So, I'm here again....digging myself back out of this hole and moving onward and upward.

I had my the biopsies of my thyroid on Thursday. That was loads of fun.:dizzy: I haven't received the results yet, but I honestly don't think it's cancer. On a good note, some of you may remember that I was accepted into a temporary position to pilot a new project for my employer. Well, they didn't wait until January to make a decision. Last week, they offered me a permanent position. I'm working harder than I have for quite a while, but loving every minute of it! :D

Today's plan - I will consciously make healthier choices with my food and will not have any candy. I will not have any "adult" beverages this evening.

Have a great on-plan day.

kissingginger 11-03-2008 10:49 AM

Beverly- a whole month off! wow...i really hope it helps heel you. Rest is a wonderful thing!

<hugs> to you Rhonda. Hang in there. I know how hard it is.

Jeniansmom - sorry to hear you didn't get your roots done in time, but I'm sure that won't matter!

I'm back! - I took a hiatus from the gym last week and I am feeling it. I MISS it, crave it, but I think no doubt it was a good time to not go. My foot is still hurting lots and with the interviews and tests, kids halloween party, then the actual halloween...I'm bagged. I slept almost most of the day yesterday and read a book. Thank god DH took the kids most of the day. I have TOM, so I feel so YUCK right now.

I am re-committed to eating right. I slacked on that while busting my chops at the gym, and now it's time to marry those two babies together. I'm ready to get back to the basics and see the weight FLY off me.

todays menu:

b:oatmeal, blueberries, tea
s:apple, 10 almonds
l:salad, chicken
s:banana
d:fish, brocolli, steamed brown rice

Cheers, Ginger

Elyndria 11-03-2008 11:00 AM

I think that this thread is a great idea!

I am on the Diabetic Exchange eating plan due to PCOS and yes, this is all within my daily eating allowances (they equal out to about 1800 calories/day). :)
Here is my plan for today...
Breakfast - 1 cup Strawberry Medly All Bran with 1 cup fat free milk, Coffee.
Snack - 1/2 cup Edemame, SF jello
Lunch - Turkey and Cheese sandwich with lettuce on wheat with mustard and 1T light mayo and an orange.
Snack - Salad with 1/4 cup RF cheese and 12 croutons, light dressing
Dinner - Pork chops with mushrooms and a red wine reduction with steamed broccoli and oven roasted potatoes.
Snack - I'll probably share a 100 calorie bag of popcorn with my husband and have an ounce of rf cheese.

I've lost on average 3 pounds a week on this eating plan and am never hungry :)

mj5 11-03-2008 11:33 AM

Good Morning!

Add me to the list of those re-committing, starting today! I have been doing 'ok' w/ food, not great, but 'ok'. Exercise, well, that's a whole different story--NOT good there. So, new day, fresh start! I packed my lunch and I have my gym clothes waiting for me in the car. I AM going to the gym right after work. My planned workout is: legs/back (weights) and cardio.

I maintained this week, which is better than a gain, but I want to get losing again!!!

Beverlyjoy--So glad you had a great time--I knew you would! I am glad to hear you are taking some time off to rest your foot.

jeniansmom--Hope you feel better soon!!

Rhonda--YEA you are back!!!! I am still sending you lots of +++ thoughts about your restults. CONGRATS on the job! That's great! Also congrats for getting back on track.

ginger--Good for you for re-committing to eating right!

Elyndria-Welcome!

Schmoodle--How are you doing?

Have a great OP day everyone!

ClydieCat 11-03-2008 12:06 PM

Happy Monday, everyone :)

Beverly - gald your trip went well :) I really hope the month off will give your foot the rest it needs to heal!

Jen - Hope your throat starts feeling better!

Rhonda - *hugs* Congratulations on the job, though! That is great!

Ginger - Hope you feel better!

Elyndria - YUM! Can I come eat with you today? :lol:

mj - Good luck at the gym tonight! :lifter:

I'm doing pretty good today. I did partake in a bit too much Halloween candy Friday night, but I recovered & had a great, OP weekend. Did a lot of yardwork outside as we had such beautiful weather. And spent a few hours at my parents house yesterday helping my mom around the house. She is recovering from foot surgery & my dad, who drives truck, got sick & passed out & FELL out of his truck last week. He landed on his head & had to get 24 (!) stitches. So neither one of them are up to doing much, to say the least! So I did mom's vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc. for her yesterday.

My plan for today:

breakfast - yogurt, apple
lunch - Healthy Choice dinner, sugar-free pudding, rf cheese stick
snack - fiber one bar
supper - mini-meatloaf, wild rice, steamed broccoli
snack - pear, glass of milk

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

cfmama 11-03-2008 03:17 PM

Hello everyone! I hope you are all having great/sunny/happy on plan days :)

Today is Day 38 of ON PLAN!!!! Weigh in on Saturday (no stepping on the scale every morning any more!)

B- 1 slice sprouted grain toast, 1/2 T almond butter, applesauce cup
s- 13 vegetable brown rice crackers, 1 serving havarti cheese
L- 1/2 medium chicken breast, 1 baked potato with 2 T sour cream, 5 cucumber slices, 5 cherry tomato's
s- 1 hb egg, 1/4 cup almonds
D- 6 cocktail sized lean beef meatballs, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup steamed carrots, 2 T greek dressing
s- 100 cal smart popcorn, peach

ClydieCat 11-03-2008 03:54 PM

38 days on plan, cfmama!! That is wonderful! :carrot:

Lyn2007 11-03-2008 06:13 PM

Hi everyone! I am feeling better today. Sorry for those of you who are sick/wounded/struggling. I read all the updates and send good thoughts to EACH of you.

I am finally back town to my ticker weight. Hoping it will keep going down as I work hard.

kissingginger 11-03-2008 11:09 PM

I GOT THE JOB ******happy dance**********

So, now my whole, life, work, world, schedule changes and it off into chaos land.

I am here to make some commitments:

1) I am going to still be a gym rat/bunny/whatever you want to call it!

2) I am going to focus on eating right and preparing my meals ahead of time

3) I am going to continue to post here.

Also, did I mention I am down 2 inches on my thighs! How crazy is that. I went from 33 inches, to 31. WOW. This gym stuff really works.!

Cheers,
Ginger

mj5 11-04-2008 05:36 AM

Good morning! We are having some gorgeous weather here...it is going to be in the upper 60's today!

I did my planned workout at the gym and stayed OP all day. It felt SO good!

clydiecat--Oh no, I hope your dad (and your mom) are both ok!!!

cfmama--38 days is fantastic!!!

Lyn--Great job!

Ginger--I knew you would get it!!!! Congratulations!!! Your committments sound great! 2" down, that is GREAT!

Today is another busy day at work, but that's ok...yesterday the servers were down...so funny to watch all of us wonder what to do w/ out our computers!

My knee is really sore today, big surprise there! Still haven't called the ortho, yet, but I probably should.

I am going to take a couple of my favorite shirts that are now too big to be altered today. I am hoping they come out looking nice. If the place I take them to does a good job (and isn't too expensive), I may take a couple pairs of pants...it would be a lot cheaper to have them taken in than buying new pants!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Beverlyjoy 11-04-2008 06:48 AM

Hi Chicks...I stayed on my plan yesterday :) - I am so grateful. I am hoping for another good day. Thanks to you all for you nice welcome back. That feel good.

For today:
resting my pieces and parts
ice/heat
stretches
meditation
lots of water
PMA (positive mental attitude)

breakfast - egg white scramble, toast with pnb, applesauce
lunch - cottage cheese and sweet potato, steamed cauliflower
snack - yogurt strawberries
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, steamed carrots
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

MJ - I am so glad you stayed on your plan, got to the gym and had a great day. :D You take care of that knee. It's wonderful that you need to take in some clothes. YAY :carrot::carrot:

Ginger - Congrats on your new job and losing the inches. :carrot::carrot: You have good goals! Is your job full or part time? Do you have someone lined up to watch the children? When do you start. So exciting!

Lyn - it's absolutley wonderful that you are back to your sticker weight. :carrot::carrot: You've pushed thru a hard time and made it back. So, so proud, friend. :D

cfmama - you're doing GREAT. :):) I weigh once a week too. Carry on.

clydiecat - sorry to hear about your dad's accident.:( Goodness. I wish your mom a good recovery. Good plan and great exercise. :)

elyendria - Welcome!! You've got a great plan. Congrats on your wonderful weight loss.

Rhonda - I am so glad to see your post. :) It's tough, sometimes, to stay on plan when 'things' are going on. :hug: Keep posting during the good times and hard times, if you can. I am so, so glad to hear that the thyroid biopsy is over. I am so, so glad about your new position, That rocks! :D

Jeniasmom - I hope your throat is all better today. :) Great food plan. :)

Have a GREAT op day everyone.

jeniansmom 11-04-2008 07:02 AM

Good morning! :)

Rhonda - :hug: I'm glad you are back. Good for you for getting back on track and recommitting to taking care of yourself! Congratulations on the job! And keep up the positive thinking with the biopsy.

Elyndria - welcome!

mj5 - great job sticking to plan - sorry the workout bothered your knee. Good luck with the tailoring - fun to have to worry about such things isn't it?

Kayla - good for you for making it a great weekend! I'm glad your dad is ok - ouch!

cfmama - woohoo!

Lyn - yay for working your way back down!

Ginger - that's awesome about the job! And great that you are making commitments to get you through the transition in a healthy way! And excellent about the inches!

Yesterday was a better day for me. I had more stamina. Didn't feel like crashing when I got home. I stayed on plan except no morning or afternoon snack - I got too busy at work and forgot and I wasn't hungry so my rumbly tummy didn't remind me. But I got all my water in for the day. And, I did eat 2 servings of my nighttime snack. No exercise yet but I'm hoping by tomorrow to feel up to it. Tonight is my late night at work so I don't want to push it.

Today's plan:
B: peach Fage yogurt
S: rf string cheese and apple sauce
L: leftover chicken divan
S: rd string cheese and grapes
D: chili with rf cheese
S: chocolate ricotta creme with whipping cream

50+ oz water for the day

My throat is much better this am. The right tonsil is still big and I feel it if I yawn but I can tell things are definitely better than yesterday.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!