Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 10:17 PM   #16  
A princess in the making!

Default Hello All!

Sorry I have not posted. I had some really bad dental pain going on. So I went and had a root canal yesterday. It was good---NO PAIN! And I am one who would rather give birth again then do that.

Looks like we are on a roll this week. I have been OP every day but 1 since April 8th. I am hoping to get my 10 pound star this next week. I missed last week, since I stayed out to late on Friday. But I will be there this week.

Sorry not replying to everyone. Tired and I wanted to just check in quick.

P

Old 04-24-2002, 10:43 PM   #17  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies...

I had to go on an overnight out of town trip, but I did really well. Instead of staying in a hotel, I was able to stay at the home of some fellow teachers (I teach 5th grade), so I didn't get the "I'm bored, gonna eat" thing goin' on. I stayed OP, even with the onion rings from Sonic (damn things were calling my name from a half mile away!) I have to weigh in tomorrow, though, instead of my usual Saturday morning since I'm going out of town again. I don't like weighing on Thursday nights. I like the WW leader, but I always have a "gain" when I weigh in in the evenings. I know it's because I've basically been fasting when I roll my lazy arse out of bed and stumble to the Saturday morning meeting, but still....

I sometimes hate the power the numbers can hold over me!

Jennelle
242.5/232.5/140
Memorial Day Goal: 226.5
Birthday goal (6/14): 223.5
First day of school goal (8/6): 195
Old 04-25-2002, 08:33 AM   #18  
Losin It For GOOD!

Wow! I'm the last one to post last night and the first this morning! I am on a roll

So I got up early to go to the gym today, I sure didn't want to, but I did. DH was up till like 11:30 last night, knowing full well we'd need to get up at 5:30. Oi! Silly boys.

The GREAT thing of today is that he actually told me that I look nice this morning!! That made me REALLY happy. Compliments are not his strong suit, but I am sure they will get better as the pounds go down, as he used to be incredibly complimentary and touchy-feely which kinda dropped off as I packed on the pounds. SO i'm hopin that once I get some more weight off that will come back, but if it doesn't, oh well, and don't worry its not something that bothers me any more, I got over it and moved on!

I'm wearing "real" shoes for the first time today since my toe surgery, and my toe is like "HEY!! WHAT'S GOIN ON!" Oh well, I have to break it in sooner or later, and I think I've pushed the sandal and sneaker envelope at work for long enough.

Oh dear, I just realized I've not put on my glasses yet. This is going to take some SERIOUS getting used to!!!

Good things for yesterday:
I stayed within my points
I drank SOME water even if no where near enough
I avoided the chocolate in the cupboard, even though there was almost a tragic accident
I asked Greg to take said chocolate to work, or just get it out of the house (admitting it was giving me issues)
I cooked up a batch of my favorite soup so I wouldn't have to buy lunch today.

I also realized something on Monday night, which is I was reading through the WW materials, and saw that I had dropped a point range!!! Huge accomplishment, but man it was HARD to give up that 1 point!!! 2 more pounds and I am 20% complete with my weight loss (I have lost 20% of the pounds I have to lose) How exciting!!! I have been OP now for 3 days straight. My goal this week is to hit 7 days OP, and not blow it over the weekend, like usual.

And by the way, PNG does NOT have an oogly mug.

Last edited by BA99TJ; 04-25-2002 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:38 AM   #19  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

hehe Beth Anne, I see who's NOT been brave enough to look first thing in the morning

I had a decent night, had one last dinner out with hubby, at least at the Red Lion...snif, sobz... they have tooooo much stuff available there to keep us from being even vegetarian, let alone vegan, so, we said bye bye to that...

OK, I'm not totally awake yet, so I'll hold off on saying tooo much, I'd like for it to make sense
Old 04-25-2002, 10:03 AM   #20  

Almost Friday, Amost Friday..and I had such a good OP week. Since last Friday, I lost 2 lbs. I feel good! How's that song go? lol

PNG..Yup, every little bit counts. Good for you for working out with hubby. It's nice to have a partner.

BA: Burger King sucks. Just keep telling yourself that. Burger King is not you're friend. lol

velvet..We missed ya girl! How are you doing? A pool...I would love to have a pool, I could spend half my day swimming away.

Pryia..I cannot even comment about the dentist trip, or I will get a toothache. But am glad you're feeling good. All those OP days....I pat myself on the back for 5 straight OP days..I am going to see if I can remain completely OP over the weekend. Problem is, my Coors Lights aren't exactly OP.

Jennelle..I love your name! Congrats for staying OP on a out of town trip. Me, car trips or out of town trips instantl gives me the excuse to eat whatever I want. It's almost as if, if am not in NY, the calories don't count. The things I can try to justify. lol

BA..Compliments are like air...we need them to keep us going. The compliments will be flooding soon.

Have a great day everyone..and remember, you're one day closer to reaching you're goal.....if you are chuggin that water. lol
Old 04-25-2002, 06:46 PM   #21  

Well let's see. I've had to work 10 hours everyday this week--6am-4:30pm. I stand on concrete all day but I can already tell that I've lost 30+ pounds. My legs are feeling better all ready.
I need to read up again on low-carb so I'm getting a group of 11 books off ebay. They are all low-carb-several different plans. I like variety and I've found that sometimes changing something a little can get you past plateaus.
All of you are doing so great, staying op and drinking lots of water. You are all such an inspiration to me. I can't wait to get here each day and read the latest post.
Oh yes I almost forgot....yoohoo I don't have to work again Saturday so I can chat Friday night and hubby's taking me on a day trip Saturday. yoohoooooo
Everybody have a great Friday.

Carol
Old 04-26-2002, 08:52 AM   #22  
Losin It For GOOD!

Talking

Its amazing how much more easy the world is to take from behind a boston cream donut. And yes, I'm eating one RIGHT now, and YES, I am still OP (This makes day 5!) That's what I love about the WW program, you can eat pretty much whatever you want as long as you stay within your points, and I happen to know that a Boston Cream Donut from Dunkin's is exactly 6 points. Yum Yum Yum. Although I am sure I looked funny this am toting in my "No Pudge Brownies" water bottle and a bag from dunkin donuts!!!

So hubby and I were bad this morning. The alarm went off at 5:30, and he actually rolled over and said, "so do we get up? or do I reset the alarm?" We opted to reset the alarm. And man that extra hour of sleep made a world of difference. Besides that hour we usually spend snuggled up, so that was really nice too. I actually got up the guts (while standing in our room in jeans and a bra) to ask him if I looked skinnier. He said yes!!! I also said to him today that I have to lose what he has been bench pressing for his warm ups (140 lbs) and I think that made him stop and think for a moment about how hard this is really going to be. But I am doing it!!!!

Well last night was a baaaaaaad night (as some of you are already aware of) but I got through it, AND I didn't overeat! I stayed OP. This is the first time on this diet that I have gotten THAT depressed and cried THAT much that i didn't overeat, so I was pretty dang proud when I woke up this morning. You know, I really think that as a woman, I need to be able to have an all out cry fest once in a while.. I need it to keep my emotions in check, or just to let them out, or whatever it is. Now that its over, I feel so much better, and ready to take on the world again.

Well its FRIDAY!! THANK GOD!!! But, that also means the weekend is coming up. I usually blow it over the weekend. BUT NOT THIS WEEKEND!!! We are going to the gym and my parents tomorrow, and then out to eat with a friend (DANGER will robinson, DANGER!) and then don't have any plans for Sunday except to go see The Scorpion King sunday night. I am GOING to drink my water, I am GOING to exercise, and I am GOING to eat OP if it kills me to do so.

I will be around for the chat tonight, so I hope to see lots of you there!!! We always have a blast, I really encourage you to come if you can!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:54 AM   #23  
Losin It For GOOD!

Carol - Wahoo that you can come tonight, and your weekend plans sound LOVELY!!! I'm glad you are finding new ways to make your plan work for you, that is SO important. Its soo easy to get bored!

Jenniffer - So, whats your final tally for this week?? I'm sure you did AWESOME!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:08 AM   #24  

*singing*

Goodmorning, Goodmorning, it's finally Friday!!!

Oh, am so glad this week is over. The sun is shining this morning, and it feels so good. Of course not am stuck in my office, feeling like a hermit, but hey, I know the sun is out there somewhere.

I lost 2 lbs this week and I feel really good. I passed up a few temptations without even sweating over it.

I finally did it last night! I got my hair cut, to about my shoulders with layers. The pic that you see was before my hair grew out. This weekend I will post a new pic. Well, it came out okay UNTIL I went to the pharmacy and spent 30 minutes picking out a hair dye. Never dyed it before but I was craving a change. So, after about 4 hours, two trips to the store and constant rinsing of my hair, and wondering why I didn't look like the girl on the box, I accidently ended up with a light brown with reddish in it. Not what I was aiming for..but what I ended up with. It looks okay, but am not sure if I like it. I will see how everone reacts to, being I've always had blonde somewhere in my hair. No where to be found now. And I have a fair complexion so am worried that this will make me look "washed out". I am not big on hair screaming "I've been dyed" colors, but hey, it won't kill me and I may end up liking it. It's a reddish brown but kind of like red wine red..I don't know. I hope to get some new pics scanned this weekend. It is nice for a change, and maybe that's my problem, it is very different. Oh well, it's only hair.

But all in all with my hair stress, I remined OP though there were Devil Dogs screaming my name, promising to take away my stress and make my hair look better. But in the end I ignored them. And I went to bed wondering what my hair would look like in the morning but feelin wonderful because I remained OP though I was stressed out.

Mrs. Big Dawg...I am so happy to hear you're legs are feeling better. I remember long long ago (lol), when I reached my high, my knees and ankles were starting to kill me. I swore something was wrong with me, but in the back of my head, I knew it was the extra weight. As soon as I started to lose, the pain went away. What a wonderful feeling. Where are you going on you're day trip? Sounds like fun!

BA..Boston Creme donut???? Wow. I wish! LOL But I know if I ate it, it would send me into serious cravings, I'd be eating all day, even if I worked it in. Guess that's what happens when you're a carb addict. But woohoo for you since you can work it into you're plan, hope you enjoyed it for me too. We all need those crying, screaming fits once in awhile. We have to get it all out before we can continue handling the world. So, let it out girl..you always feel better.

Well, this was a really good week, seems like everyone is hanging on and doing well. I hope we all can report on Monday that we remained strong over the weekend and didn't create a setback for our journey. I will increase my water and my exercise this weekend, so hopefully the Coors Lights won't impact what the scale says. There are just certain things in this world I refuse to go without because of my weight, Coffee and Coors Lights. LOL

Anyways..have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:46 AM   #25  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Ooooh, it's Friday, it's Friday.... yay!! and not only is it my last day with my extra kiddies, Ravyn is off to her gawpaw's house for the weekend...yaaaaaahhhhhooooooo! I wasn't OP at all yesterday... well I was until mid afternoon...I hadn't paid much attention at all to eating, so the hunger snuck up on me, and it was powerful....lol I did walk to get hubby from work, since the kids were gone on time... Over the weekend, I'm going to make a new schedule for EVERYTHING... I guess I do get a bit of exercise dancing around the h ouse all day with the kiddies...didn't even consider that.... my eyes aren't really open yet... so I can't do much for full replies... but on a high note, hubby is going to move my puter over the weekend, so I can be on, and still keep an eye on the kids...heh, so I can actually log some good time
Old 04-26-2002, 10:01 AM   #26  
hot mom wanna be!

Well, now I feel confident to go to Weight Watchers tommorow morning. I had fallen off the wagon and gained weight in the past few weeks. I have now lost it plus a pound and 1/2!! I know it's nuts but I dont want to get on the scale and have them see I have gained. I know I did and lost it again but it wont show on my book. I am just to be glad to be losing again.
Happy Weekend Everyone!!

lorelei
313/272.6/160 final goal
mothers day goal-268 or less!
Old 04-26-2002, 10:30 AM   #27  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default I am SO excited!!!

If you read my post in the "A View on Weightloss" thread, you will see that my dad is overweight too. I've been trying REALLY hard to encourage him to lose weight, because he's almost 48, and I'm worried about his heart/etc. (Sorry to make any of you feel old by the fact that my father is 48!!) ANYWHOO... I think that my weight loss has been inspiring him to work on it, but I have been trying to come up with a way to pin him down to some goal or plan, or something.

So I was inspired this morning. 2 summers ago, my mom, dad, myself and my sister were all up at Lake Winnipausaukee (in New Hampshire, my grandparents own a house in Wolfeboro right on the lake), and we decided to hike up this mountain called Mount Major. Dad and I were NOT thrilled, especially since I Was in a cast at that time, but we decided to do it. Well we went, it was 3.5 miles I think all the way to the top and back down, but neither dad nor I made it to the top (dad made it further than me, because I fell and needed to cry about hurting my hand for a while, and the tippy top is literally on your hands and knees climbing), and we had to stop about every 1/8 mile to rest. When mom suggested going again last summer dad and I quickly talked her out of it. SO, I had an inspiration this morning, that dad and I should make a committment to get in shape, and have our goal be to climb all the way to the tippy top of Mt. Major labor day weekend. AND HE AGREED!!! Wahoo!! (OF course he wants to celebrate when we get back down by getting small hot fudge sundaes, LOL, but I figure with the amount of exertion climbing takes, we can afford a few calories that day.)

So I am SOO glad, and that is my Exercise Challenge.. The Mount Major Challenge.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:33 PM   #28  

You know, it's no wonder I'm losing weight!! This computer is taking all my time! I love it!! I checked my mail, and I had 47 messages! Most of them are notifications of posts to threads here. I hate to cut down on my posting, but I think I'm spreading myself pretty thin! But...you guys won't be able to get rid of me!! I'll be like that unwanted houseguest. You people in this club motivate me more than you know!

*THANKS TO EVERY ONE OF YOU *

BA, I am so proud of you! Congrats on getting through last night! And you know that crying is like a safety valve for everyone! Thank God that you can cry and rid yourself of some of that stress. He has thought of everything, you know. Just concentrate on how good you felt when dh told you you look smaller! And, last Sat when I had dinner in that steakhouse that Kev was playing in, I had broiled red snapper, veggies, and salad...DELICIOUS!...very few calories!!! (of course, now, I didn't use the drawn butter they brought!!) I had a different kind of fish Wed when Mom and I went to a restaurant. This one was broiled in lemon-pepper seasoning...MMMMMM, too. So, it's possible!

Jennifer, Congratulations on getting through a
* HAIR TRAUMA * without eating...GREAT JOB! Doesn't it feel great to have some control over this food demon which plagues us? HORRAY for us.

Sorry everyone else, I just looked up and realized that it's almost time to take a friend to physical therapy! So, I gotta get off the 'puter. Talk to you tonight at chat.

Love, Gayle

Have good days on plan, everyone!
Old 04-26-2002, 06:07 PM   #29  

I don't have time to post much. I'm taking hubby his dinner at work tonight. I don't know where I'm going on my day trip Saturday. He says it's a surprise. Maybe I'll get it out of him later.
Sunday we are going to North Carolina to visit my daughter and bring some of her stuff home. The semester is almost over.

Great job for all of you who have lost and stayed OP. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Carol
Old 04-26-2002, 08:49 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Hi there everyone...

WOW, let's of new faces!! I used to post here for awhile, then got sidetracked with other things, then became a regular user at another site. But 3FC will always feel like home!

I gained back some of what I had lost. My signature isn't correct. My official start weight was 305, and thats where I am at right now. Every scale does something different!

Anyway, I just wanted to pop over to say hello and that I admire each and every one of you. Needing to lose 100+ lbs is such a hard hard hard thing, and I really admire people who keep trying and putting themselves as priority! It's the only way to get the job done!

As of Wednesday, I have been back on the horse. I'm ready with a positive attitude and armed with my water bottle!!!

I hope you are all doing well......

Michelle

PS- Thanks Jenniffer, for lighting the torch to come find me
Closed Thread