Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 AM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Thanks to the pain meds, I was able to get some sleep last night. Most things are better w/ a good nights sleep!!!

Today is eye appt day, then to the ortho later.

Next week I have my annual exam...so not looking forward to that, but it's very important so I will go. Plus, I have an AFLAC plan at work and I will get a $75 check (Wellness Benefit) just for getting my exam. My ins covers the whole visit, so it's $ that I will spend on myself for something fun. Not sure what yet....

Then I need to make a dentist appt for a cleaning and I should be set for a while!

Hope everyone is doing well. It has really been quiet around here.....
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

I woke up with a sinus headache today. I took some medicine and went back to bed, but now I feel like I'm behind the curve on my work and training. Plus, the meds make me a bit muddled.

I did my C25K last night for an hour and went to the fitness center for weights. I'm glad to say that working out isn't making me feel weak and nauseated anymore. I've had two days in a row of so-so eating. I seem to be crazy hungry. I think it's because I'm a bit stressed with work and not eating enough protein. I really need to start planning better.

Ginger - Hope you are feeling better.
MJ- It is very quiet around here. Hope you knee doesn't give you too much trouble today. Have fun at the eye doctor and pick some groovy glasses. Maybe you should try some you would never have thought of wearing?
Beverly - Hope you are enjoying your vacation.
'Hello' to everyone else!

My scales are stuck this week. Part of that might be sore waterbound muscles and part is that I'm not tracking my calories. Today, everything gets logged on Daily Plate. I'm so close to my goal weight of 222. That is the weight I was on October 19, 2005 when I had my hysterectomy, entered menopause and quit smoking.

Have a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-02-2008 at 09:44 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey !!

MJ- ohh...I have a few tears from your story. Feeling defeated sucks. I know that feeling well. Do you remember lynn's post about making quick decisions and making the rights ones (she was much more eloquent than I just was). I am so proud you made a good decision instead of turning to a bad one. Glad you like your low-lights!

Girlygirl- ugh- I hate headaches, I had one the other day. I hope you are feeling better.

Beverly - we are missing you for sure! Hope to hear of your adventures.

I AM BACK. I feel good, I went to the gym last night. I totally grooved it. I got asked out for coffee and I said no I'm hitting the grocery store after (which was true). I'm off again this morning. It's weird working out at night, and then straight back to the gym in the morning. My muscles are so sore that I can barely get up the stairs without groaning.

It's the eating I'm not being very good with. If I don't get that under control, all my hard work at the gym won't pay off. I need to see the scale move, or I WILL get discouraged

I need a plan I can live with. I'm going to fess up, I hate counting calories.

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys! Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. I am battling headaches, too. But I am back on track and dropped 2 of the regained pounds. I am counting every calorie that goes into my mouth.

Here's to a great October!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #20  
Ray of Sunshine

S/C/G: 243/241/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Folks,
Just wanted to drop in here and keep myself on track. So far ok today...I admit I had a bit of office chocolate...2 mini twix bars but I accounted for it, i'll still be in line with my calories etc. for the day. Other than that I'm right on plan, I haven't smoked since Sunday, I've eaten well all week, I'm lacking in the exercise so I need to get on that. For the rest of the day I'm not touching junk and I'm going to try to get a quick walk in this afternoon if nothing else.

Tonight is grocery shopping...and hopefully I can get that done and make it home in time for the VP debates...I can't wait... the debates are my favorite part of election time. So exciting. Anyway I've got a list, I'm sticking to it so I can be on base with healthy food and also with my budget for the week.
YogaGal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #21  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

menu for the day:
B- 2 ryvita wasa bread with 1 tblspoon natural peanut butter, banana
S- cup of grapes, strawberry yogurt
L- 2 cups spinach, radishes, onions, cucumbers, can tuna, 2 tblsp sour cream and dill, rice cake with 1.5 tblsp rasberry preserves
S-orange and white cheddar rice cake
D-soft taco. Lean ground beef, cheese, lettuce, onions, salsa and sour cream on a whole wheat large tortilla
S-hard boiled egg and two honey oat crackers

according to fitday that's just over 1600 for the day.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #22  
mj5

Rhonda--Hope you are feeling better. You are getting stronger already from your workouts! Great job!

ginger--Thanks. I do remember lyn's post. I really meant it when I said thinking about all of you and having to 'own up' to eating a bunch of junk helped more than you will ever know! The old me would have gone straight for the mozzarella sticks, but I would have baked them in the oven so they would have been 'healthier'!!! LOL! So glad you are feeling good! You will get the food on track. Think about not wanting to waste all of your hard work at the gym by eating _______, that works for me sometimes.

lyn--Great job!!! Keep it up!

yogagal08--Welcome! I think you are doing very well...no smoking since Sunday--that is awesome!

cfmama--Mm, your menu reminded me that we haven't had tacos in a while...

Beverlyjoy--Hope you are having a wonderful vacation!

Schmoodle--hope things are ok w/ you.

Ok, so the good news first....my eye appt went great. I picked some glasses that I actually like. They are totally different from the ones I have now. Then dh and I went to lunch, which was fun.

Then on to the ortho....that's where the not-so good news comes in. My ortho wants to move forward w/ surgery. Or at least the first surgery that he can do. (He has a plan B, which is MUCH more drastic and he would only do as an absolute last resort). Talk about feeling defeated! I really don't know what I expected him to say, but I really wasn't expecting that--at least not yet. He did take more x-rays and the damage under my kneecap is worse than the last set. I actually got teary as we were discussing it. He was WONDERFUL!!!! Especially when we were talking about how I am FINALLY doing what I am supposed to be doing (losing weight and working out). He told me not to stop--just be careful. He did give me another injection (at my request) since the last one is the only time it didn't work. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this one will at least help. It is going to take a loooooong time to get approval for the surgery...it is part workers comp and part commercial insurance and they ALWAYS fight over who isn't going to pay. Usually involves a trip to the lawyer and sometimes a workers comp hearing. Sounds fun, huh?!

I will NOT use this as an excuse to stop doing what I know I need to do. In fact, quite the opposite. I will do my best to lose as much as I can and be in the best shape possible before the surgery even happens. If I am going to drag myself around on crutches for a few weeks, I want there to be less of me to drag!!! My ortho told me not to work out tomorrow, but if I feel ok I can start again on Sat.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #23  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends and TGIF!

My scales aren't smiling yet this week. I have 3 more days to make them work for me. Tomorrow night, we are having our neighborhood ladies' night here at my house. These nights are typically filled with yummy food and drinks so I must be on my guard. I've considered just sipping on a single glass of wine throughout the evening, but I haven't decided for sure. I'm starting to wonder if wine might trigger my migraines. I've not been having my nightly glass of the red since I went back on plan and the number of headaches has gone down dramatically. Of course, removing tons of sugar and processed foods might have the same benefit.

MJ- Hang in there!
Lyn - Congrats on your loss! Hope the headaches are easing.
A big Hello to everyone!

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #24  
mj5

TGIF is right!!!! I didn't get groceries last night, so I have to go tonight...UGH! This will remind me, once again, why I dislike grocery shopping on Friday nights (but it's still better than Saturdays!)

Then it's home to rest. Yippee....an exciting night for me!

Rhonda--Have fun at your ladies night.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #25  
NEVER EVER going back

Menu for today:
breakfast- 1 cup steel cut oats/1 tablespoon pb/1 small banana
snack- orange and slice of cheese
lunch- 2 cups black bean soup, garden salad with greek dressing
snack- yoghurt and pear
dinner- chicken with marinara sauce on brown rice with raw cukes, redishes and carrots
snack- 2 rye wasa breads with pb and a blueberry fruit cup.

so far so good!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #26  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

MJ- I am always so impressed with you! Not letting this injury rule your world. Surgery sounds scary, but it sounds like you are in good hands.

Rhonda-good luck with the ladies night!

Welcome CFmama!

How are you Yoga gal!

I miss you Beverly!!!!

Lyn- awesome on the two pounds. God I love your blog! It is so inspiring and thoughtful.

Okay, so today I did a whopping 2.5 hours of cardio - spin, treadmill, and elliptical. I also did some abs. I'm sore. Big time!!!

I did eat a great salad at lunch, oatmeal at breakfast and tonight I ate some leftover rice pasta with sauce. I have had a few (okay more like 15) organic chocolate covered almonds already in the afternoon. I still don't feel I have a good handle on my eating.

In another area in my life, I am on a strict CASH only budget for October. I want to see where my money is going, because things are getting a little scary around here. DH is reluctant, but is trying it. I only have 50.13$ left for this week for groceries, I think I'll make it!! Plus my pantries are so full, I'm sure I could skip buying for a few months (except milk and fruit/veg) and I would have tons of food STILL leftover. It's an idea I'm toying with to help pay for xmas presents and/new running shoes I desperately need for the gym.

Okay, enough babbling. Happy weekend everyone!

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #27  
NEVER EVER going back

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!!

my menu plan for tomorrow:
B- 1 cup cheerios, 1/3 cup whole milk, 1 banana
s- cup grapes, slice of cheese
L- 1/2 baked-no skin chicken breast with a cup of sauce (tomato, mushrooms, onions, garlic) green salad with greek dressing, rice cake
s-2 slices rye wasa bread with jam, 1/2 apple
D- 2 small chicken ranch wraps (homemade tortilla's, baked chicken breast, lettuce, onions, 2 tablespoons ranch dressing) raw veggies (radishes, carrots and cukes)
s- applesauce cup and 4 oat/honey crackers
Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #28  
mj5

Good Morning! I was up early again this am, so I decided to be productive....my cleaning is done, veggies are cut up, salad is made....all I have left is some laundry. I do have to run some errands later this morning and make a desert to take to a bday party tonight.

ginger--I am impressed w/ your workout yesterday! Great job! Good luck w/ the cash only budget. I am not feeling very impressive today, I am feeling pretty icky about the surgery. I just need to wrap my brain around it and realize that it WILL feel better afterward....unfortunately, I have been dealing with this knee for a long time...I first injured it 16 years ago. Also unfortunately, the first surgeon I went to (and who I allowed to operate 3 times) probably did more damage than good....anyway, I LOVE the surgeon I have now and I know he would not tell me it was time for surgery if he thought there were any other options right now. Ok, enough of that!!!!

So I am going to a surprise bday party tonight. I really don't want to go, but I kind of feel obligated, so I am going to go for like an hour. I plan to eat before I go, so food *hopefully* will not be an issue. I will just leave my desert for everyone else.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #29  
NEVER EVER going back

menu plan for tomorrow (sunday)
B- yoghurt and banana
s- rice cake/jam and orange
L- black bean soup and mixed salad with greek dressing
s- cheese and crackers (4 honey oat)
D- (we're going to a friends bbq so I'm planning on...) 1 hamburger with bun and 1 cup potato salad
s- fruit cup and 2 rye wasa bread
Old 10-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks! Home Sweet Home...always good to go, always good to get home. DH and I had a great trip to Cape Cod and a good visit with my sister and family. We had many drive to the ocean and beaches, had wonderful seafood, went to the Norman Rockwell Museum (fabulous!) and stopped in Niagara Falls NY for a peek at the gorge on the way home. It was a fun trip.

I love birds...and saw many fun ones along the way.

9 hawks
9 herons (4 were blue heron) Heron's are my favorite bird
7 wild turkeys
at least a dozen swans

My food started out pretty well and then morfed into a more bingey mode. It is what it is. I am planning for a good day today.

My foot is very sore from the trip and now I'll have to rest it the best I can. I have a one year plan for this foot. If I can't manage to live with the brace (makes my back hurt) - but, not wearing it keeps my foot hurting badly. - if I can't get this to work, I will consider the surgery that is only about 50% successful.

Today:

meditation
stretches
ice foot and REST it
log food
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, applesauce
lunch - chicken soup, steamed carrots
snack - cheese and crackers
dinner - don't know yet..DH has to go to the store
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk

Have a GREAT day everyone.

Thanks to everyone for thinking of me!! I was thinking of you all too.

MJ - sorry to hear your knee is giving you trouble. I totally understand your frustration.

Ginger - so glad to hear you are back at the gym and feeling well.

Rhonda - sounds like you are doing well too. I sure hope those scales move for you....soon!

Lyn - congrats on your two pounds down!

yogagal...welcome!!

cfmama - welcome...great food plans.

Where's Schmoodle?

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-05-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote