Old 03-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #46  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I cannot believe that at 4pm tomorrow I officially start my vacation! I can't wait!!!! I had to shuffle some things around so I can start training a new staff person tomorrow, but as long as there isn't a major incident, I *should* be able to leave on time!!!

No sticker for yesterday--silly me, didn't workout! Oh well, back on track today--I did a 2 mile watp dvd this morning and I am leaving for the gym in a few minutes. Food choices have been good so far and I am already at my goal for the day for water. After the gym I am getting groceries and then home to relax w/dh and the spoiled rotten dogs.

Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #47  
mj5

oops, I forgot to copy in all of my personals....here they are!

patchy--So glad dd made it home ok!

rakel--Great appt!

Rhonda--Good for you! I hope the knee feels better! Yea, the ice 'trick' right after is a really good thing (ice is nice my pt always says!) Thanks!!! Yes, the earrings looked really nice. Now I need to choose a new goal!

ginger--How are you? Good for you for going for a walk!

math puppy--Great job! Thanks! That's what we are here for...I swear I couldn't be doing this right now w/ out all the support I get here!

beverlyjoy--How are you holding up? Good luck at the ortho. I hope you can get some good news for a change!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

YAY MJ!!!! Vacation Time!!!!!! Take care and have a blast! And check in when you can so we know you are safe.

I am only checking in quick because I have to get on my exercise before hubby comes home and I snuggle up and never do it. Tomorrow is my WI I had a little over 1 lb. this morning we'll see if I can't make it 2 by morning.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 AM   #49  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

just after i anounced that i met my cal goal i ended up snacking and going over into my mid limit! ops! i got a little cocky eh?

im pretty hungry, or maybe im just thirsty? ill try drinking loads of water after i post and see how it goes. if all else fail i can just fall asleep and then i wake up i get to eat! hee hee, very exciting!
i worked out in my kungfu class today, but it wasnt very hard core, mostly light cardio, knife work and strengthening exercises, all pretty easy. ill try to make it to the gym tommorrow so i can get a good cardio session in! goodnight!

Bev- hope your pain didn’t get the better of you today. How did it go?

Ginger- hee hee, a heart moniter would be a nice gift! And we all care! Its our job

Mj- oh wow, have a good vacation! Anywhere special? have fun and be carful of the "im on vacation i dont have to plan my meals" evil voice! it got me last time i went on vaca! lol i forgot to slap it upside the head, now i know better for next time :P

Purple- how did wi go? im crossing my fingers for you.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:14 AM   #50  
mj5

Good Morning!

purple--Hope you were able to get your workout in! Good luck w/ weigh in!

mathpuppy--Your class sounds like a lot of fun! Hope the water did the trick last night. We aren't traveling anywhere. We are spending a few days doing some major cleaning out...we have lived in our house 11 years and really haven't every cleaned out the attic....kinda scared of what we are going to find! Since we will be home for most of it food won't be as much of a challange. I went grocery shopping last night and made sure we had lots of healthy stuff in the house. I know we will be going out to eat a few times and stuff like that, so I know I need to be planning carefully for those.

I probably won't get to the gym while I am off, but I do have my yoga and watp dvd's so NO excuses for not doing some sort of a workout! Although I am planning on going tonight to get in one good workout to kick of my vacation!

I have to get ready for work!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #51  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning and Happy Friday!

I only have a couple of minutes as I have a too full workday. Just wanted to touch base and let you all know that I'm still on-plan and I did another hour on the treadmill last night. I'm planning on having another great on-plan day and do another hour on the treadmill this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll get "personal" later.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #52  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Good morning, you guys! I've been kind of busy lately. My little brother is getting married next month and I for some reason decided to make him a quilt. I have no idea whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I don't know if I'll get it done on time. It's going to be relatively small... just throw sized. =/ But I'm making a crazy quilt, so it'll be a lot of embroidery. Also, DD decided she doesn't want to nap anymore, so my "break" during the day was nonexistent yesterday. And I have this stupid sty on my bottom eyelid, so it hurts to look down.

Anyway, I was on plan yesterday, and did 1 mil brisk WATP holding 2 5lb weights, and wow, it was seriously like a different workout. I could barely get to 1 mile with just additional 10 pounds. Crazy.

mj, enjoy your vacation! I hope you find some cool stuff in your attic. And not like a ton of dead squirrels or something. =D

Good job staying on plan, everyone! Talk to you soon, if DD decides she wants a nap today. Arghhhh.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I had a healthful on plan day yesterday. I am so, so grateful.

This morning I went back to the orthopedist - he is going to send me for PT on my foot and perhaps a different kind of ankle and foot support. He seemed very optimistic. Once we can get the foot doing better than the back should calm down.

Snow storm coming... maybe 8 inches in the next 24 hours they say. I need to get publicity flyers out for a storytelling guild venue.

Today:

journal food
water!!
stretches
PMA
meditation

breakfast - kashi waffle with natural pnb, egg white scramble
lunch - ff cottage cheese, strawberries, spaghetti squash with parm. cheese
snack - yogurt, flax, apple
dinner - crockpot chicken with mushrooms, celery & onions, brown rice
snack - cereal, fruit, skim milk

Hope you are all doing well. I'll try and get back to personals soon.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #54  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Hey guys! I had a good day. DD napped, so I worked out, doing strength stuff -- on my own while watching TV, and then the Biggest Loser strength & sculpt workout. I upped my weights for some of the exercises, and I am feelin' it. My thighs are kinda shaky. It was a good exercise day today -- I was really motivated and into it.

Doing well foodwise, too. I really enjoy listening to my meditation thing. It's good to focus on behaviors, and to stop associating eating with comfort. I think this will be key for me.

Beverly, I'm jealous of your snow! Hope you got the flyers out!

mj, it's vacation time!!!! Lucky girl.

Rhonda, did you have a good day?

Math... oO knife work??

How is everyone else today?
Old 03-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #55  
mj5

Wow, quiet day around here today! How is everyone?! Today started out pretty calm, then I think EVERYONE in the building realized that I would be gone for a week. I kept telling everyone that I was flattered, but they will certainly make it through the week w/ out me!

Tonight I am just doing some picking up around the house so we can start the BIG CLEAN tomorrow....it will be so good to get it done! Then we can do some fun stuff.

I have done ok so far today. I am a bit behind w/ water, but I can catch that up. I did a one mile watp dvd this am and went to the gym briefly. My knee is really sore today. Shortly I am going to curl up w/ the dogs and relax--probably w/ an ice pack to see if I can calm it down a bit. I don't want to reach for the pain meds first every time, but I may have to take some later tonight.

Rhonda--Great job...an hour on the treadmill that's awesome! How did you do today?

txmomma--Yikes...good luck w/ the quilt...sounds like something I would do, well, not crafty, but taking on a project w/ minimal time to get it done! I know, isn't it crazy now much even small weights change the workout? Awesome job! The scary thing is, there are probably some petrified mice hidden up there...good thing dh will be around!!!!! I'll send you some snow!

Beverlyjoy--I think that is great news from the ortho! I am a huge pt fan...of course I had (have..he's still around if I need him!) a great pt and I learned SO much from him! We are supposed to get some icky weather here too...stay in and stay warm!

Ok, I better have a quick snack and get my cleaning done! I'm sure I'll be around this week, a girl can only do som much cleaning!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #56  
mj5

Good morning! Just thought I would check in before we start cleaning...actually we have a few things to do first...if the roads get cleared we need to take a trip to the recycling center, quick stop at the local grocery store for a couple things, then it's to the attic!

My younger brother did an interview on the news last night--he's in the army and it's funny to realize that he is 'all grown up' and not still my "little brother"! He did a great job in the interview. Of course, it also reminded me--he needs to go to the gym w/ me!!! Maybe while I am on vacation and my schedule is much more flexible we can make that happen.

Oh well, I need more coffee and some breakfast.

Have a great day!

Sara--Hope you are taking care of that knee!!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends - I overate last night before bedtime - big time foot pain and lots of frustration. The new foot brace was an absolute bust. I'll never put it on again. I am kind of weary of this. Thank goodness my overeating it wasn't a full fledge binge.

Sorry I haven't had time much for personals. Here are my plans for today:

ice, ice baby! (remember that song...Vanilla Ice??) - on my foot

heat
LOTS of meditation
journal food
journal feelings - need to do this BIG time

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
snack - carrots
lunch - open face turkey and cheese, cauliflower
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner - veggie beef soup, garlic toast
snack - cold cereal, flax, milk, fruit

Thanks to all of you for wishing me well in my quest for a painfree foot and back. I really appreciate your kind thoughts.

Have a good day folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-08-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #58  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

It’s snowing this morning. I can’t believe it! The other day, we had temperatures in the upper sixties. The cherry trees had started to bloom and I was so looking forward to warmer weather and a bit of sunshine. Looks like we need to keep the winter coats, hats and gloves handy for a bit longer.

MJ- Hope you enjoy being away from work and tackling the big job of the attic.
Beverly – I’m so sorry to hear that the new brace wasn’t your solution. I hope the doctor’s can help you find relief soon. Try to remember that the food will not make anything better…it’s just a bandaid.
Momma – I’m glad you found a great tool for you with the meditation. How are you feeling today? Are you muscles real sore?
Math – Did you make it to the gym yesterday for some cardio?
Purple – How are you? Is it pretty busy around the house and the back yard today?
Ginger – How are you muscles feeling? Have you done any more sprints? I’m like you…I don’t know how to do anything easy and not push myself. The biggest advice that everyone gives on the C25K program is to not try to do too much too soon. Well, I’m just not too sure if that would work for me. If my body allows, I see nothing wrong with doing the program each day and pushing myself to the limit. Only you can find what works for you. The heart monitor sounds like a great idea. I’ve been thinking of getting one for myself, too.

Today, it's housecleaning day. Hubby is having the guys at our house this evening for poker night. I'm not sure if I'll take the DD's out somewhere or just hang out upstairs with a good book. I'm putting my weekend overeating solution into play and staying very busy.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-08-2008 at 10:11 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Just checking in real quick before I head out for my daughter's birthday party and then coming home to hubby and his buddies tearing down the back deck. We have to buy the present for the party still, that is how behind I am on stuff! This is a scientific party at the high school...for 6 year olds, so it should be interesting! Hubby is ripping out the back deck and a buddy of his is taking all the wood, and we'll find out how good condition the concrete that is supposed to be under it is in...I think we're going to clean it off and nto redo the deck if it's in good condition. We'll see! The wood is old, but his buddy will use it to make a chicken run so it won't be wasted.

I have to move a bunch big heavy bricks in he backyard as well, probably leaving that to tomorrow but we'll see how energetic I am after this party. I need to collect all the small bricks out there as well and I'm going to dig a little trench around the trees in front and use them for edging...I have things planted under the trees and the plastic edging I put up a couple years ago is just falling apart and looks horrible! I'm not sure how to do the bricks around it, but I have seen it in other people's yards and we have a ton of them so figured why not try it!

Kids are whining they are hungry again...so gtg!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #60  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Morning!! er, afternoon!

Ok, I need to have an on plan weekend. They alwayssss screw me up. I don't think I've had an on plan weekend all month. And then Monday is my weigh in. =/ I think this week will be good. The other day I stepped on the scale and it dipped below 300, so I'm feeling pretty good. I want to leave the 300s and never ever ever see them again. =/

Quilting for me today. DH is working. =/ I'm going to get two 11x11in blocks done a day, so I'll be able to get the quilt ready for finishing by the end of the month. Whenever I undertake endeavors like this, I always get self conscious because my family is kind of jerky and think things like this are "quaint." I'm positive I'm going to get comments about how I have too much time on my hands. Must...stop....caring....

Food:
eggs, Gimme Lean
leftover eggplant/zucchini/shirataki stuff from yesterday
kidney bean burgers for dinner

Exercise:
WATP while DD naps

Beverly, I'm sorry about the new brace. =( Did you get your journaling done?

mj, it never ceases to amaze me how happy you are to clean your attic. I still have no idea how you muster so much enthusiasm. Are you having a great day off? That's awesome about your brother -- you should totally go to the gym with him while your schedule allows it!

I can't believe everyone is getting snow. Granted, it's been in the 30s overnight!! Crazyyyy.

Rhonda, thanks for asking about my muscles! I'm actually not sore at all today. My husband said my body will get used to it and I'll start recovering more quickly, so maybe that's what's happening? My muscles were sooo hurting yesterday. Let's stay on plan this weekend! No more bad weekends! Hope you do something fun during poker night.

Purple, what a fun idea for a party! I hope you're having good weather for all the yard work!

Have a good day today!!