Old 12-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Ditto, Rennie! And, you are so right about how fast food just doesn't taste as good or 'do it' for me anymore. I remember days when I'd stop at a fast food place multiple times during the day. I'm sure it didn't actually taste any better then....it's just that it was filling a hole or a need or something. I'm so grateful today that when we do stop at a fast food place (which is pretty infrequent), it's truly just to have a quick meal - not because I HAVE to shove something in. OH PULEASE (she says to herself).....let this new way of thinking and living continue!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I haven't been around for a bit as I have finally made the move to Costa Rica & don't have internet at home yet. I have several NSV's to report though, so I hope no one minds a long post!

I wore jeans on the plane - a few months ago I couldn't fathom wearing jeans somewhere I would be sitting, cramped for a long period - the idea made me cringe - it would be SO uncomfortable. Well, I wore the jeans & was comfy the whole way!

Yesterday I unpacked all my clothes (most of which I have not had access too in over 2 months) & it is like going shopping every time I get dressed. I have SO many clothes that fit me now - it's so exciting to get dressed.

I arrived here on Wednesday & have already been to the gym twice. I took a total of 3 days off of the gym for the move. It feels so good to have my abs & legs sore today. I was absolutely panicked I would slip into old habits, but I'm sticking with it!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #123  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Life
You are doing so good. I hope you know you are an inspiration for many of us here. Yes, when we can fit things in our closet that we haven't been able to wear for a very long time, you are right, it is like having new clothes all over again. Glad you are getting to enjoy this feeling.

While we were out shopping yesterday I forgot to take my low fat cheeze its with us. If I don't eat something every couple of hours I have a head ache. My husband asked if I wanted to go back to the house to get something to eat or just stop somewhere. I told him I want a double bacon cheese burger lol. He said are you sure? Being supportive and letting me think twice if I really wanted to eat this. Now you know I don't eat fast food, as I have said Burger king double bacon cheese burgers and MC Donald's egg nog shakes are just about it. Anyway, I said yes that is what I want so off to burger king we went. That cheese burger tasted just as good as I remembered lol. Now, I have a couple of nsv's to report. First I could only eat half of the thing and instead of stuffing it all into my body because it tasted so good. I tossed the rest in the trash. That is a biggie. ME toss for that I paid money for lol. ME toss something that tastes so good. YEAAAAAAAAAA me. Not only that but the fact that I let myself have it at all. Of course it wasn't good for me but I fit it into what I allow myself for the day and I enjoyed it. Moderation is the key, bet I don't have another one of those for months and months and months. Another thing that happened was he asked if I wanted to swing by MC Donald's and get an egg nog shake. I didn't even really think twice. I said no, the double bacon cheese burger was more than enough. I found some low fat egg nog that tastes pretty darn good and fits into what I allow myself better than that MC Donald's egg nog shake. Besides I already had one this season and I told myself 1 was more than enough. Pretty darn proud of myself.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #124  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Shy - Congrats to you on skipping that egg nog shake and tossing half of the burger. All of my good sense flies out the drive-thru window when I go to those places so I am impressed with your will power!

Life - Congrats on keeping up with the gym. It's amazing that you only missedc 3 days AND after such a big move! Wow... and enjoy your clothes shopping "in your own closet".

Well, I had a totally unexpected NSV. There was an online sale at Victoria's Secret so I ordered a few things, one being a sleep shirt that I fully expected to put in a drawer and take out in a couple of months (or more) and try on. Well, it arrived and just for fun (and to see how long before I might be able to wear it) I tried it on and... IT FIT!!! Granted, it's an XL and made roomy for sleeping but I can't even remember the last time anything in XL fit much less anything from VS. Woohoo!!
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #125  
Rennie

gina
The first thing I do is NOT use the drive thru window. Sit down and eat. You eat less and think about what you are eating. There is also a handy trash can right by you lol. Congrats on your night shirt. Gosh it is amazing what a smaller size will do for us. I pulled some Harley t shirts out of my sons drawers to give away since he never wears the things. To my surprise I could wear them, couldn't when he got them, couldn't even think of getting them over my chest. Now they fit great. As I get rid of this darn chest I can get into smaller sizes lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-26-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #126  

I went to the gym today. I am struggling I must admit with keep the habit going. I do not so much like the gym here. And since my body is not use to the warm weather I sweat just thinking about exercising which means by the time I am finished with my workout I am literally soaked with sweat - ick - wish the gym had air conditioning. In some ways it feels like I am starting all over again with the exercise. I know it will get easier - I just got battle through this tough spot.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #127  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

The pictures of me from Vegas? I actually kinda like 'em! Wow!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #128  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

I was out and about (in a mall, actually) and couldn't get home in time to eat. So I had to EAT OUT. This is always so frustrating and stressful, trying to make good choices. Anyways, today, I managed to do everything right. I didn't wait too long to start seeking food (thus I didn't become deliriously hungry and then just gobble down the first incredibly calorific thing I could find). And then, I managed to find something both nutritious, delicious AND best of all, low calorie. I didn't feel deprived and I was even below my calorie limit for the day. Yay me! This was an especially necessary motivation builder since this past week has been a horror show food-wise

Last edited by kasmin; 12-28-2007 at 09:48 AM.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #129  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I wore a LARGE HORIZONTALLY striped sweater. I've never worn horizontal stripes and looked good. Well, I looked fabulous! My aunt was also raving about my weight loss!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 233/188/130

Height: 5'6"

Kasmin - That's awesome! I know you've been having issues with eating out, so that must feel great.
Rosemund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #131  
Rennie

Daimere
Nice going. Feels great to look good.

kas
That is terrific. You have a couple of nsv's there. First, you didn't let
yourself get so darn hungry you wanted to eat the paper the food came in. Second you made great choices. Third and maybe the most important of the bunch, you feel great about yourself. Nice going.

Cassie
Don't you hide from the camera anymore. You need to see the smile on your face in pictures. You also will love having pictures to look back on. It really is a great feeling. I am no where near the weight I want to be BUT I let the hubby take a few this Christmas. Going to have to kill the kids, they now pop up at me with the darn camera ( I know in 49 of our great states you can go to jail for that lol ) when I am at my most unflattering lol, anyway, I don't like how I look but I also don't hate how I look now. I am not going to hide
anymore. I am going to have pics to look back on and see how far I have come.

Life
It is going to take a bit of time to get use to the climate change. It will take time to get use to a new gym too I am sure. You just keep with it. You are insperation for me. I love to hear how well you are doing.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #132  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

NSV's rock I must say!

Mine for December have been:

Saying NO to shortbread cookies (sigh), chocolates, drinks, and various and assorted goodies. I decided that my priority for the holidays was to savour and devour my mom's turkey dinner, and I did so. I said no no no to a million treats along the way, enjoyed the dinner (and then some! whoot!) and was back on track.

My other NSV for December I noticed today -- I was in WalMart and my cart used to be overflowing with BIG candy bars, chips, diet coke, candy etc. and now it's only got the basics for housecleaning, a new pen LOL, and a calendar. I haven't bought crap in so long and it makes me really happy
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #133  
Rennie

Trazey
Isn't it wonderful to make good choices. Now, since we aren't buying all that junk, we can afford to get a new piece of clothing from time to time, or maybe a new walking video or maybe our hair done or maybe.........
Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 PM   #134  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I agree Shy - it helps feed my new shoe addiction hehehehe

I must say tho, it's an awesome sense of freedom in a weird way - no more "panic mode" that there might not be enough CRAP in the house to snack on all weekend! geeesh I wanna invent a time machine, go back to the old me, and give myself a shake! LOL

I love how all our NSVs mean something special to us, and are so different for everyone - yet we can all certainly relate!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #135  

Shy - you are always so considerate & caring of everyone here - thank you for that.

Cassie - everytime I see a picture of myself I am unhappy with I just think - it's a before picture. It has really helped me not shy away from the picture.

My nsv is kind of funny. My cat has long enjoyed lying on top of me when I am lying on my side & sleeping there. I've noticed that now she is lying instead on the pillow beside me & resting just her upper body & head on me. I think it is because she feels like she'll fall off of me when I'm on my side! Woohoo - I'm not fat enough to be a bed anymore - lol!