Old 12-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #16  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Awesome NSV's you guys!!! I love this thread!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #17  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Renee View Post
I fit into my first pair of 16's!!!
I recently got there myself..CONGRATS!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #18  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Rennie - More like ran around and jumped up and down like crazy!!!

Cassie - Doesn't it feel awesome? Oh man, it's been a couple of years since I fit into 16's.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #19  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Kim
Come on I know that can't be true lol. By the time I thru out the 18's and started wearing the 16's lol they are a little loose.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #20  

A nice lady who is working with me on something came by the house and immediately noticed my weight loss. She asked me what I was doing and all that. I haven't seen her in about 3 months. It felt great. It was the first time that someone noticed my weight loss who didn't know I was trying to shed pound already, so that completely rocked!

I can fit into all kinds of cloths from my closet that I haven't fit for years.

My knees don't hurt as much. Which is kind of funny because my mother lives in another state and I haven't told her I'm shedding pounds. My mom told me on the phone that if I lose some weight my knees wouldn't hurt as much. I almost told her I had dropped some poundage, but I didn't because I want to shock the heck out of her...she is going to be shocked when I walk into her house 100 pounds lighter. Hope she doesn't have another heart attack.

I feel like I'm actually in control of my weight for the first time ever.

congrats on everyones NSV's
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #21  
Rennie

kimmie
That is to great, your mother will be very happy with your loss I bet.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-04-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #22  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

It seems that the closer you get to your goal, the more NSV's you receive.
For me-it's a daily event. On the outside I just smile and give a simple reply, but on the inside-it's MARDI GRAS TIME!!!! This is all sooooo worth it.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #23  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

I met a friend for dinner at Cheesecake Factory last night. I had one of their weight management salads and water to drink. After my friend had decided which cheesecake she wanted, she handed the menu over to me. I studied it, going over which would be the best of the worst for me. So when the waiter came over, my friend gave her cheesecake order and I said... "I'm going to pass this time!!!". So I got out of there with water and a salad... it's a miracle. I'm still thrilled about it.

Last edited by gina1221; 12-04-2007 at 12:20 PM.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #24  
Rennie

gina
You are just wonderful. You have so much more will power than I have lol. I wouldn't step a mile near that place lol.

Janny
While most of us know we are doing this for our selfs. It sure does makes us feel good when someone notices. Makes us smile, makes us see everyone else notices our hard work. For me, I don't tend to notice the changes as much as others do. Look pretty much the same as when I started from what I can see. Yes, a bit smaller but that is about it. Sometimes, our refection in someone else's eyes is a real moral booster.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #25  

Janny
You're right it is very much worth it! I'm glad you are getting the recognition you deserve.

Shy Moment
You are so sweet and supportive of everyone.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Wow - so many great nsv's! Turning down cheesecake - that's willpower!

I went shopping last night & today & it was actually fun!!! I found a gorgeous "little black dress" & it was the first dress I tried on! It's so exciting to shop in "regular stores". Today I also found a cute shirt & a very sexy pair of red heels for a Christmas party.

Yesterday I also had a workout & did benchpress. My benchpress has improved SO much! The competition I'm entering is this Saturday & now I'm getting so much more excited that I won't embarass myself.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #27  
Rennie

Life
I bet you will do great. Nice going finding something to wear that you like.

Kimmie
A few days ago I let a few people get me down. That is something I just don't generally let happen. I am back to myself again lol. I really mean what I say to people. Everyone needs encouragement and they need to know someone really does care how they are doing. Thank you
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I have always despised shovelling. This week we have been DUMPED on in a major way. I have been doing the bulk of the shovelling here (I'm staying at my in-laws for a couple of weeks) and it hasn't been all the terrible at all. In fact I've almost (that's a big almost!) enjoyed it - I just wish they would make shovels with longer handles!

Also, I realized today that I can now comfortably carry my purse on my shoulder, tucked under my armpit (does that makes sense?) - I couldn't do that comfortably before - it always felt like I was fighting gravity to carry my purse like that before.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #29  
Rennie

life
I have so much more strength and so much more stamina I don't even worry about the snow this year. We do have a snow blower but if the snow is to wet you can't use a blower it will have to be shoveled. I think great, good exercise to replace the upper body workout lol. Do you know a womans purse causes more injury's to her back and shoulder than anything else. Had a doc tell me that one time. I made sure after that I kept mine empty. The darn hobo bag weighs enough all on its own lol. I wish they would make shovels with shorter handles lol.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I am halfway through my JM workout, week 2. Next week I will move onto a new routine for weeks 3-4, and I feel ready for it! I orignially thought I might need an extra week or two on the first routine...but Monday and Tuesdays workouts were way less of a challenge than they were last week, and I had to up my weights on the bicep exercises. I am amazed how much I have improved in just a week and a half on this.

Just two weeks ago when putting on my favorite jeans i would have to squat and bend around to loosen them up, and they were tight still. Yesterday I put them on directly from the dryer, still warm, and they were a little LOOSE!!!!! I have not lost but 3 lbs., but I feel smaller all over I don't understand it, but I will take it! I wish I had taken my measurements before I started again so I could compare, i swear I have lost something for these jeans to be loose. I loved walking and feeling them move around my skin, instead of clinging to me!

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 12-05-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote