Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 AM   #16  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone.

I've been reading, but not posting for the last week or so - RL has meant that I just haven't had the time. A friend of mine's sister went missing on Thursday the 15th and I've been involved with the search and helping the family liaise with the police as all but my friend are profoundly deaf. Her body was found on Monday in a forest just north of the city, which is just devastating. We knew fairly early on that she wasn't going to be found alive, but you always hold a little bit of hope. A man was arrested yesterday and charged with her murder, so at least the family aren't going to be looking at everyone they pass wondering if they know something about what happened to Emma. Not sure when the funeral will be - as of last night, the police and coroner hadn't released her body, so I don't see it being before Saturday in any case.

Eating wise, I've been off track - I've either been eating rubbish or nothing at all. Time to get back on track, I think. I've made a menu plan for the next few days and that'll get me started.

Take care everyone
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #17  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I've lost .5lb from my thanksgiving aftermath weight (it was actually the days after thanksgiving that did me in, sigh, if only I stuck to my plan!!!) today, so the scale is at 278.5. My exercise clothes are in the dryer right now, and as soon as those are done I'm heading off to the weight room. Here's to hoping for 277.5 tomorrow!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #18  

Nicole... so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter . My thoughts and prayers are with you. That is just devastating.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #19  
is recommitted

Wow Nicole, I just read your post... that's absolutely terrible My prayers are with the family!

Just checking in to confirm my exercise: 15 (INTENSE) minutes on the bike. I went a little too gusto and it burnt me out from doing more, so I went for a 15 minute walk as well.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 AM   #20  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Rhonda--Lucky you for getting to sleep in! YEA for a fresh re-start! I know you can do this! Oooh, Minnesota, that sounds cold this time of year!

Diane--I know your daughter will do great at her tryouts! I know, it's hard to believe that not too long ago I was complaining that it was too hot to workout!

Nicole--I am so very sorry about your friend's sister. I wish I knew what to say, but I just don't. It seems like that has been so much senseless violence lately. You and your friends family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rakel--Keep up the good work!

So as for me, I have been doing really well as far as making healthy food choices--even when I went out to lunch yesterday. Tonight I am going back to the gym--hubby's car is fixed and it isn't going to cost a small fortune. Work is still hectic, but I am trying to take things one thing at a time (easier said than done sometimes!).

I am going to try to do some holiday shopping this weekend--we are actually in pretty good shape, don't have a lot left to do.

Since I am up at this ridiculously early hour, I am going to make out our grocery list and start getting ready for work--there are some errands I can take care of on my way to work, so I might as well do them early!

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 AM   #21  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Nicole ... I am so sorry for what is happening with you right now, you are in my thoughts right now.
I ate a piece of danish last night , I bought it because my daughter had to get up for a field trip at 5:20 in the morning, and I needed a quick breakfast), mistake.. it is over and I am over it.
I did well yesterday, otherwise..
Today I am exausted.. I have been up since 3:30 in the morning. My daughter's school went to the outerbanks of N.C. for the next 3 days, she was up since that time, I guess nervous energy, so I have been up. I had to take her to get the bus @ 6:00 am . I am going to exercise, eat and probably , hopefully take a nap... I am not cleaning, and am not cooking for just my Son and I dinner( hubby is out of town , working), he can open up a can of chilli, and I am going to boil some eggs. I can do this no matter how tired I am today.
bkfst........ steel cut oatmeal, banana, honey
lunch.... 2 veggie burgers, salad
dinner.. hard boiled eggs, 2 corn tortillas
snacks... ff yogurt, orange, rice cakes.. The danish is gone so I don't have to worry about it.
Have a great day everyone!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #22  

I actually walked this morning for 45 minutes. It is cold but beautiful here in Atlanta.

breakfast after the walk was a poached egg, canadian bacon and LC cheese on 1/2 a WW english muffin (I have a cool microwave egg poacher I highly recommend)
lunch will be leftover homeade chicken noodle soup
dinner will be spaghetti pie and salad
snacks are cut up veggies today
Old 11-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #23  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Katmeow - I have one of those egg poachers. What a great thing!!

Nicole - Let me just add my condolences. What a terrible thing. It is just scary to see what can happen in today's society.

Cheryl - I hope you get the nap in today. It is so hard when you have to get up super early. I hate that dragging feeling for the rest of the day.

MJ - Can you possibly be a little more productive over there??!! Sounds like you are getting a lot done today. (I have to envy the organized!!)

Rakel - Good job on the exercise!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I am hoping to get some exercise in at lunch today, but it is plenty cold. Maybe that will make for a quicker pace in walking! I went out with the kids last night, but we had to leave after 45 minutes because of the cold. As we were leaving, there was a group of teenaged boys gathering to play lacrosse. One of them had shorts on!!! I guess when you're young, the cold doesn't bother you. Brrrrrr!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #24  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for your sympathy about Emma. They're going to release her body to the family today by the sounds of things and then there will be a private funeral. As you can imagine, this has caused a lot of media attention around here and the family have just had enough of it all. Time to move on - or as much as we all can, anyway.

A good day yesterday - stuck to my calories and exercised. Today it's the gym - I've got an appointment with the personal trainer so that'll be good to give me some new ideas. I'm starting to get bored with my exercise routine.

Rakel, go you! You're doing so well at the moment

MJ, it's incredible what you can get done when you're up just a little bit earlier than normal.

Cheryl, forget about the danish and move on. It's done and it sounds like you've got the rest of today sorted.

Kat, WTG with the walking! That's awesome!

Diane, cold weather makes exercise difficult. At least you managed 45 minutes yesterday.

Have fun everyone
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:44 PM   #25  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I cannot believe I am still functioning! I hope this means I will sleep well tonight!

Cheryl--Must have been somthing in the air today...I was up early too! Hope you were able to take a nap!

Diane--Ha! My ambition and organization comes and goes...I have to take advantage of it while I am in the mood! I have to be organized at work, so that does trickle over into my home life! Hope you get a nice walk in at lunch!

Nicole--Yea, sometimes that's all you can do, is try to move on and resume some sort of normalcy. I know when my dad died, I kept my routine of going to the gym (yep--even though I would get teary eyed while I was there). Some of my family thought I had totally lost it....what they didn't understand, was that was one thing I could do to get away. I hope your trainer can give you some new ideas.

ok, I have to get ready for yet another meeting! I AM going to the gym tonight! I want to be able to move that ticker finally!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Today I want to eat in a sane healthful manner! Do my stretches and drink lots of water.

Breakfast - ff cottage cheese, canned peaches, pnb toast
snack - veggies
lunch - veggie omlette, fruit, salsa, english muffin (out with my Mom)
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner - grilled salmon, baked potato, green bean salad (canned green beans, drained with lite ltalian dressing)
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #27  
is recommitted

Cheryl: See, I'm not a huge fan of danish, donuts, etc, so they are never a temptation for me, but sometimes it's just convenient to get them. But I have noticed that since I started my program, I have even LESS of a taste for them, and it's just not worth it! Maybe next time make sure you have a granola bar and some easily portable fruit, like grapes, a banana, an apple, etc! Though I'm sure you know that.

But really, I'm losing a taste for a lot of sweets. The only thing I really like anymore is a good piece of pure chocolate (dark or milk). Now, ice cream has always been one of my weaknesses (i.e. buy the pint and eat the whole thing), but I can't eat just ANY ice cream. My favorite is Ben & Jerry's -- but usually not all of the weird flavors with brownies and nuts and etc. B&J has a Strawberries and Cream that is LIGHT. It is the best thing ever... and of course, they don't stock it at any grocery store I can find. The only place I can find it are at random 7-11's -- lol. But really, I haven't been eating much ice cream, maybe some chocolate here and there. I mostly eat some sugar free pudding to satisfy my sweet, chocolaty tooth!

BTW, thanks for your encouragement everyone! My goal is to do more of a moderate workout (since intense is too intense for me and I end up burning out after 15 minutes) for 30 minutes, but try to keep my HR between 60% and 80% most of the time. Down to 278 today, hoping to see 277 tomorrow

Last edited by rakel; 11-28-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #28  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all,
Rakel... That is great that you are loosing your desire for sweets, I wish I could catch that. For a while I didn't want sweets, now that it is colder outside and darker, I feel so much like eating and eating.. Like a mama bear who is ready to hibernate .
Laurie Dawn...Where are you girl???
I did good yestereday, I didn't go off plan, ate yogurt and fruit for snacks and stayed in my calorie limit...
Today I ate an early breakfast , 30 minutes ago, I got up and felt hungry ,and all I had was instant oatmeal in the house , so I had an envelope with a banana and some water.. I am going to exercise in about another hour or so, and will do this today!! I am worth it, and I feel so much better when I stay close to plan instead of binging.
Lunch...... spinach buritto with mustard..
dinner.... baked salmon with salad
snacks....... yogurt, tangerine, rice cakes..
I can do this today!!!!
Have a great on plan day everone!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:41 AM   #29  

I feel so much more on track when I come here and log my food day in writing! It really helps me stay on plan. Does anyone else notice there are days that this lifestyle feels easy as pie and others where it just seems impossible? For me it really really helps to actually look forward to at least two of my meals per day.

Breakfast is Kashi cereal stirred into Activia
Lunch will be LC Butternut squash and cherry tomatoes
Dinner is Mexican Fiesta Flank Steak wrapped in burrito (SO yummy) and a salad
Snacks will be an apple and a couple of plums (saving a few points for dinner)

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I almost binged last night...went to bed at 9:30. It was the only thing that saved me. I worked late and didn't get home til almost 7:00. I was tired and hungry - but, thankfully didn't eat too much ( a few things not planned, but, still within my limits)

Today-

stretches
ice and heat on my aching peices and parts
journalling food and food value
meditation
water, water, water
going to the pool

breakfast - egg white scramble, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - veggie
lunch - HC chicken noodle soup, ff cottage cheese
snack - yogurt, baked apple
dinner - turkey Italian sausage, peppers and onions on polenta (instant Grits)
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote