D - Mediterranean Chicken
S - Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #32  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

Today is day 1 for being 100% on-plan. I planned ahead and I'm ready to do this again. Today's main goal - to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks and not get hungry. Today is my "baby's" birthday....she's 8. Yikes! Time goes by so quickly. I bought a small cake for her. I plan on having only two or three small bites of my piece, then the remainder can go downstairs to my MIL's apartment after everyone has a slice. I just can't have that stuff in the house.

Diane - did you manage to get in a walk yesterday? Its pretty cold here today. But, next week I'm in Minnesota. I have a feeling that I don't really know what cold is yet!
Nicole - How was your session with the personal trainer?
MJ- Did you get some good rest last night?
Cheryl - I actually remembered to start my steel cut oatmeal in the crockpot last night. I find that I have more willpower when I start my day off with a cup of the oatmeal. The instant just isn't the same, huh?
Katmeow - Yeah, I definitely have days that are extremely easy, then other days where I struggle. Unfortunately, I haven't had many of the easy days recently. I think I'm due!
BeverlyJoy - Great job with avoiding the binge!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 11-29-2007 at 09:26 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #33  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Had a pretty good day yesterday. I don't feel like I'm having outstanding days, just good days. Maybe if I could bump up to the outstanding days, I'd see more results. Anyway, I got my walk in at lunch and went out with the kids, so exercise was good. I think I'll be able to do the same today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #34  

Cheryl,

Will the steel cut oatmeal hang out in the fridge as leftovers? How many days?
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Ooooh, TOM hungries are here today! I've already been through my breakfast and morning snack and I am so hungry right now and can't wait for lunch. We left the soup out of the refrigerator last night, so now I have to find another option for lunch (and throw it out, grrr!). I hate this TOM, the next couple of days will be so hard. Only consolation is I have no chocolate in the house to torment me.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #36  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hey everyone!

Another good day yesterday food and exercise wise. Stuck to my calories and had my personal training session. I am making progress, which is good even if I'm not losing weight - but that's mainly due to making bad food choices for the last 2 weeks. I've had 3 good days in a row, so I'm aiming for 4.

Work was interesting. The people who lost their jobs with the redundancies have basically been walking out - can't say I blame them for that. Added to that, our head office in Australia has been having computer issues and kept taking our server down yesterday. Fun fun fun.

Today I'm heading to the pool after work for exercise, so should be fun.

MJ, how are you doing after your busy day? Did you get to the gym?

Rakel, I wish I could lose my taste for sweet stuff. Mmm - chocolate...

Cheryl, I find I eat more in winter as well - and more heavy comfort type food.

Kat, totally agree. Some days it's so easy to stay on plan and other days I seem to spend the whole day talking myself into making healthy choices.

Beverly, go you with not binging. Fantastic!

Schmoodle, some days I'll have eaten my whole lunch by lunchtime - pleased it's not just me!

Rhonda, how did the birthday go?

Diane, good days are better than off plan days....

Take care everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #37  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

ARG. Yesterday I totally went over my calories without even realizing it until the damage had been done, though I did get 35m of exercise done. I'm hoping that the extra weight today is mostly related to water, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #38  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone...... I hope everyone is doing good???
I am feeling bad today.. don't know if it is a coming of a cold, or PMS.. I have a really bad headache and am a little dizzy, I am hoping it calms down enough for me to exercise. I didn't do so well in the snack dept, ate too many low cal snacks, way too many. Today is a different day, I went out and bought some fruit and yogurt so hopefully this will help. I also bought a new cereal.. 7 grain hot cereal, because I couldn't get steel cut oatmeal ( the store that sells it here has 16 ounces or 24 ounces for $8, and if I go to Earthfare( like Whole foods) in another city it cost 90 cents a pound... I am going there this weekend and will stock up for two weeks. The 7 grain hot cereal has flaxseed, oatmeal, barley ect...... 1/4 cup dry = 140 calories..... hopefully I will like it.
Hopefully I will get my exercise in today, I might not if I am still dizzy.
bkfst will be the 7 grain hot cereal, honey and banana
lunch will be ... either veggie burgers, or veggie burritto..
dinner will be..... maybe a mini amy's pesto pizza?
snacks... black and rasberries, yogurt, and rice cakes..
I can do this today I am worth it!!
Have a great on plan day everyone..
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:33 AM   #39  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone....and TGIF!

Another birthday down. Now, I just need to get through this trip next week, Our Anniversary, Christmas and company, then New Years. I had great plans for handling the cake and spaghetti yesterday, but my willpower wasn't up to full speed quite yet. I had a great on-plan day until dinner. Today, I'm going for it again. The good news is that I'm maintaining this week and not gaining. But, I'd like a loss. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Diane - I understand about the "good" days. If we keep trying, I'm sure we're going to have those "outstanding" days.
Katmeow - I cook a crockpot full of steel cut oatmeal, then refrigerate it for 3-4 days. It heats up nicely in the microwave.
Schmoodle - How are you doing with the Tom hungries.
Nicole - Did you make it through day 4 yesterday?
Rakel - I have my fingers crossed for you that you're just having water weight.
Cheryl - I hope you feel better soon. Pamper yourself a bit...you deserve it!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I have got a busy day - get oil changed, storytelling at an elementary school, go to bank etc.

water, water, water
meditate
journal food, food value, & feelings (when necessary)
stretches

breakfast - oatmeal, flax, milk, egg scramble, 1/2 banana
snack - veggies
lunch - HC soup, turkey and lite mayo
snack - baked apple, crackers
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, veggies
snack - pnb toast, lite cocoa

I meditated this morning...it feels good. I should make myself do it more often.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #41  

Morning chicks, I did okay yesterday with the hungries, stayed on plan until I found a forgotten sundae cone in the back of my freezer and before I knew it I was gnawing away. But I stopped after two bites and threw it in the trash, so I still consider it a victory! Hopefully today I won't be so hungry, we'll see...
Tomorrow is weigh-in so I want to be good.
I need to go shopping, so not a lot of options today - I'll have:
B - turkey bacon, V8, cereal
S - deviled eggs, raw carrots and peppers
L - spinach salad with turkey
S - triscuits with LCLC, raw veg
D - some kind of concoction with mozzarella, sauce, and turkey pepperoni to take to my mom's for pizza night?? I've got a green pepper, maybe I can stuff it in there and bake it... and salad
S - yogurt with almonds and agave nectar
May have a glass of wine to toast the weekend!

Rhonda, I've got my fingers crossed for you. I think you're doing a great job of hanging in there despite the social events and travel - those are always challenging!
Have a great on-plan day cheryl and beverlyjoy!
Hang in there Rakel!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg martinifriday.jpg (6.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #42  
Diane

Hi everyone. I'm so glad it is Friday! Busy weekend planned, but I'll be glad to get away from work. We're supposed to get some storms with big snow in the mountains. I just hope it stays up there!!!

Schmoodle - Good job on throwing the sundae cone away! Even though our initial reaction isn't always good, it's nice that common sense comes back!

Rhonda - Dinner is the most difficult meal I have to get through. I feel your pain on that one!!

Rakel - Hang in there, we'll all hope for the best!

Cheryl - Hope you get to feeling better!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #43  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Rhonda, Schmoodle, and Diane -- Thanks for your hang-in-there's and finger crossings. Whatever you did worked, and I stepped on the scale today, wonderfully surprised to see 277 staring back at me. OH YEAH!! So I guess that last pound was indeed just water weight, and then I lost another pound off that.

I also took my measurements. The last time I took them was Nov. 23, right after thanksgiving. I took waist - 46.5, hips - 52, bra - 44.5 (forgot to take others I guess!). Today I am: bra: 43.5 - bust: 49.5 (last I measured it was around 50 I think) - waist: 46 - hips: 52. Whoo hoo! I'm slowly melting away

I have been avoiding my old, smaller clothes for awhile because I didn't want to be obsessing over them and trying them on every day. I actually sealed them up in airtight bags. Well today, in the height of my euphoria of actually losing that stubborn pound, I pulled down the sealed bags and started pulling things out... and the good news is this -- my 22s fit... completely. I am now, officially, a 22! I still have some 24s that fit, but most of them are just way too baggy. Another 10lbs and they'll probably fall off of me.

Last edited by rakel; 11-30-2007 at 01:51 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #44  
Diane

You rock, Rakel!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:53 PM   #45  

Rakel that is really great! New old clothes are so much fun!