Old 08-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Default Day By Day

Well I am off to san diego this labor day weekend with the family and I am alittle nervous about how I will do in the food department. I am not really nervous about the scale just a test of how I can handle this life change and not to say "I get a treat" I want to react to food as if it is "A source of energy" and that is it. So my goal is to do kickboxing 5 days the week before and after this weekend. So it is wednesday and I have done kickboxing on mon tues and wed and an extra workout on tues but I don't want to go tomorrow..urgg

So I am trying to build the habit that sometimes I am not going to want to go, but oh well and just get in the car and go. Getting there is 99 percent of the hardship. So this is my incheck goal. wish me luck girls.
Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #32  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all.
Hope and Sunshine, good luck on your trips.
Everyone else I hope you are all doing ok.
I am being lazy this morning.I still haven't got dressed .
I did do my morning exercises, and threw on some pjs again. Lazy lazy lazy. I am going to get a shower after I post this.
Breakfast was Kashi go lean cereal, skim milk and some fresh strawberries
Lunch 2 smart dogs with whole wheat buns
dinner: eggs and veggies
snacks: blueberries, chocolate yogurt, kashi go lean bar.
I am doing this today. No matter how blue I feel.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Today is another tough day for me. My hip is hurting so I am not going to exercise. I'd rather give up a day or two, now, than risk injury and put myself down for longer! However, it's making me REALLY think about what I'm eating. I never eat my exercise calories back but exercising STILL gives me a great feeling of well-being and healthiness. I'm missing that today!

Cheryl - sorry to hear you're feeling blue. Way to go on exercising anyway!
Hope - let us know how your weekend goes. You will probably enjoy it more than you're anticipating at this point. I hope so!
mj - let us know how your lunch out fared! Were you able to plan something you were happy with?
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #34  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning/afternoon everyone

Yay, Friday. Although I do better with sticking to my routines during the week when I've got set break times at work than I do at the weekend when I tend to be a bit over the place.

Anyway, the birds are singng their wee hearts out and it looks like being a fine day which is a good thing.

Todays menu is:

B - porridge with skimmed milk and chopped dried apricots
S - popcorn and a kiwi fruit
L - pita with left over chicken, salad and tzatziki
S - kiwi fruit
D - probably sushi at this stage.

Hope you all have a good day!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #35  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hello my friends!

Yesterday was a good today! I ate healthy foods in my calorie range, took a loooong walk, and got to bed early so I could get up earlier today. Yay! I got my hair cut/colored this afternoon (I go every 4 weeks) and my hairdresser was gushing with compliments on my progress. It was so nice to hear!!!

So far so good on food today. I'm trying to drink more water than usual because it's freaking hot here. 100* and humid. We don't get humid here much so even just a little bit makes me really crabby. The scale bounced down 2.8 yesterday, up 1.4 today. I really don't mind the fluctuations anymore - they used to ruin my whole day. Now I think, "Huh. Wonder what tomorrow will bring?" No big deal when I know I'm doing my best.

Hope you all have great day! Take good care of yourselves.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:00 AM   #36  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I guess I am getting a little discouraged. I have been staying on plan as far as my calorie count and exercise ritual is planned, but my exercise is getting a little boring. If it wasn't so blasted hot I would go for a long walk, but I don't think I will start that up until the fall is fully upon us. This week my goal is to work on making BETTER food choices.

My weight seems to have come to a lull, but it could be the fact that I'm having a really heavy period right now (sorry if that is TMI!). I have always heard that women retain more water on their period, which lends to a seemingly "weight gain" of around 5lbs -- is that something you ladies can vouch for? I haven't been weighing myself daily long enough to really witness that, and my last period was really light and there was no difference that I could tell. It's just discouraging that every time I step on the scale it's about the same... it seems to fluctuate between 296 and 294. But I suppose I am just really impatient!

I'm going to try planning my meals a bit more. So this is what I'm planning for tomorrow:

Breakfast:
1 serving of yogurt
1 peach

Snack:
Zone Perfect snack size bar

Lunch:
1/2 Tuna Salad sandwich (made with light mayo & spices), lettuce, 1/2 slice of reduced fat swiss cheese
Sensible salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and 1 calorie per spray dressing

Snack: { not sure yet! }

Dinner: Tacos (lean ground beef OR turkey) w/6" soft shell tortilla, salad with guacamole (chopped avocados, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic) & lime juice (as dressing).

Dessert: Fresh strawberries

I'm pretty new at this, so any feedback on this menu is appreciated. I just don't know if this sounds sensible or not... that was my goal! I'm not entirely sure how many calories the dinner will be, but I added up Breakfast - lunch and it came out to around 500-600, so that should leave plenty for dinner + some snacks.

... I'm probably going to be getting together with friends on Saturday, but I may see about making enchilada's (can you tell I like mexican food?), because not only are they super tasty, but the calories are not bad (300 a serving), and it would be much better than going out to a restaurant!

Last edited by rakel; 08-31-2007 at 03:07 AM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:14 AM   #37  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

We have out of state family coming in late tonight, so today is a hectic day of 8 hours on the job and probably another 4-5 hours to make sure the house is immaculate. This is the first time these family member's have seen the house, so I do want everything to be perfect.

I've been struggling a bit with staying on-plan. Part of the problem is that my Hubby is the cook in our family and my diet partner...but, he's not been staying on-plan which means he's not been cooking good meals. Looks like I need to start doing some cooking. Yuck! I really hate to cook, but I have no choice. I have to get this weight off! Yesterday, I saw pictures of myself taken in May..when I was only 6 pounds heavier than now. Wow! There is nothing quite like a picture to wake me up!

Hope - enjoy your trip! I find that planning ahead is 1/2 the battle.
Tricia - How's the hip today?
Cheryl - How are you feeling today?
Nicolen - Are you having a great on-plan weekend? You can do this!
CC - Did you get some good rest again last night? I really need to work on that, too.
Rakel - I'm on Southbeach, so any advice I give you on your menu will come from that perspective. What plan are you following?...calorie counting, eating healthier,etc?

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good morning, ladies!

Well, it's Friday and the beginning of a holiday weekend. I hope everyone is ready to be STRONG. I know I'm trying to gear up for it. It all begins tonight with a birthday party for a friend's son. I think I'll be ok, there, because everyone knows I'm watching it and they're finally used to me saying "no thanks". Then, late tonight, my parents are going to be here. I've planned some good food for their visit and still am keeping it on plan. Tomorrow night we're grilling burgers and we're having grilled corn and baked beans with them. Sunday after church we're grilling pizza. I can make a pretty darn low-cal 8-inch personal pizza. YUM! Lunch tomorrow is out...but I'll stick with grilled fish or salad and I'll be fine. I think I've got everything covered!

Rhonda - my hip is still sore but better. I can walk, now, but I'm still limping. I hate it! Thanks for asking, though. I hope you have a good time with your visitors. I LOVE having company! And, showing a new house...what fun! I don't know what to say about the cooking thing because I love to cook. That's a REALLY hard one! Is DH also your grocery shopper for the things he cooks or do you handle the shopping? That was the only thing that popped into my head where you might control the meals a little....

Rakel - don't let discouragement turn into fatalism. You can do this...however, it's tough! Be prepared! Yes, the scale constantly fluctuates and sometimes it is in very big amounts. If the fluctuations bug you too much you may need to be someone who only weighs weekly...or even monthly. I weigh everyday and I put it down on a computer graph. So, even through the fluctuations I can see the general trend downward. Take heart, if you're on plan the weight will go, even if it goes slowly.

CC - hope today is as good for you as yesterday was!

Nicolen - here's to a strong weekend for you! I know they are tough...routines are my lifesaver!!!

I hope everyone has a lovely day!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #39  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Rhonda I know you can get on plan!! Tricia the grilled Pizza sounds yummy!!

I am doing ok. I exercised this morning( elliptical, general exercises), and am planning on lifting weights this afternoon), I also walked for 30 minutes( took the bus to the bank and walked back ), I am hopeing t to get to a park this weekend, or two and do some walking.
Breakfast was Kashi go lean crunch,skim milk, and 2 oz blueberries
Lunch will be smart dogs with light whole wheat bread.
Dinner I am making a vegetarian chilli
Snacks I have some oranges, and Tlc bars.
I hope everyone has a great day.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:56 PM   #40  
is recommitted

Thanks guys! You are encouraging! I have noticed that it is a downward fluctuation. At least I am not fluctuating back up to the 300's! For awhile I was fluctuating up to 298, but now it doesn't fluctuate past 296, and I've been a pretty consistent 295 for the past 2 days. As for my diet plan, I am just trying to eat healthier and stay under 1500 calories a day. I guess you could call it a "balanced" diet? I do eat meat and dairy products. I was eating those lean cuisine dinners a lot but my fiance thinks I should lay off them for awhile because they have a lot of sodium and that may also be causing me to retain water. So I'm going to try and not be lazy :P
Old 08-31-2007, 02:21 PM   #41  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hello lovely people!

Saturday's here and I'm watching the sun come up through the window. It's going to be another gorgeous day here - spring has finally arrived. I noticed last night that my daffodils are starting to flower and my garden's going to look stunning in a few days time. I just love daffs!

Rakel, are you sure you're eating enough? That doesn't seem like much in the way of volume of food to me, even if the calories are where you want them to be. In saying that, the scale does fluctuate a lot. I'm up half a pound this morning to where I was yesterday and the only reason I can think of is that I did drink a lot of water yesterday.

Rhonda, hope you have the time to enjoy your visitors. I know what it's like spending hours trying to get the house straight for them.

Tricia, I'd love the recipe for the pizza if you don't mind sharing it. I love pizza, but it's had to go on the "never allow in the house" list for now.

I'm going to be strong this weekend - just finished my usual breakfast of porridge, dried apricots and skimmed milk.

The menu looks like:

B - as above
S - fruit of some kind. Will know more once I've been to the supermarket.
L - roasted pepper and tomato soup from the freezer with pita bread.
S - popcorn
D - stir fry.

I'm meeting a friend at 9 for a walk around the wetlands - it's a 2 mile long loop track which is just lovely to do, although it's going to be a bit muddy after the rain on Thursday.

I've also got some friends coming over tonight for drinks/nibbles and to watch a rugby game - hey, it's a religion around here . Anyway, I'm going to make some pita crisps and hummus and salsa this afternoon - assuming I can find some decent tomatoes - and do some vegie sticks as well. Should be fun.

Have a good day, everyone
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #42  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all!

Oh, Nicole, I long for Spring! In fact, I'd take Winter too. It's H-O-T here.

Confessions first. I didn't walk yesterday, but TOM (or more like TOYear as I am about as irregular as you can get) hit. Geez. It would be nice to be normal in that department someday.

I ate a little too much by the end of the day yesterday and was craving salt (and ate it) so I think all of the above would explain the scale horror this morning. Oh well, better luck today. I hope to walk, but I'll have to play that by ear. I CAN cut back on the salt today, though, and stick to my calories!

I hope everyone has a lovely long weekend. I can't believe we've reached September already. This year has flown by. All the more reason to buckle down and see what we can all accomplish by year end! Take care!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 PM   #43  
is recommitted

Nicolen -- my fiance did some research and came up with that number based on my Metabolic resting rate or whatever. Do you know of any sources that say how many calories you should eat? Because it could be wrong, I don't know, but when we calculated it out, if I ate around 2000 calories a day I would maintain my current weight/loose a very little bit of weight over an extended period of time. Before I would guess I was eating about 2200 to 2300 a day (not sure though, I wasn't counting) which lead to a 30lb weight gain over a year and a half or so. 1,500 calories doesn't really bother me, I am not super hungry all the time or anything.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Rakel, there is no way that an accurate calculator would tell you that you need 2000 calories a day to maintain a 300 lb. weight or have a slight loss. But don't believe me, go to a good online calculator. I tried the one at thedailyplate. You need to start higher, and reduce your calories slowly over time as you get closer to your goal weight.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:12 PM   #45  
is recommitted

Battleax: I'll check it out! And I'm sorry I don't know more about this, I just let John crunch the numbers. I could have given you some totally inaccurate information, I just don't really know. Thanks for the link though!