Old 09-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

mj - That's a great point you made about where you would be "if". However, please don't dwell on it too long...look at where you are now! You're doing it!

Diane - my kudos as well. I've never changed a tire.

Well, I screwed up. Mini binge. I don't know what was wrong with me. Luckily it's over and I haven't screwed up my calories for the day. Just ate the wrongs stuff. I'm confessing, brushing myself off, and starting back from here.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #92  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning everyone!

Yay Friday! It seems to have been a really long week for some reason. Odd how that happens sometimes. I'm supposed to be going out with a friend tonight, but I'm picking she'll cancel on me. I'm not that bothered if she does - I'm not that enthused at the moment, and I tend to get to the stage on Friday where I just want to get home.

CC - is there something that you enjoy doing exercise wise? I love going for a walk, but it took me time to figure out that that didn't mean I could wander along look at everyone's gardens and chat to the neighbours etc. If I'm going for a walk now, I get right out of my neighbourhood else that's what I do.

Math Puppy - welcome to the insanity! Hey, ladies, new blood we can corrupt. Muahahaha!

Well done with sticking to plan, Cheryl. I know I really struggle when I'm not feeling well, and there's something about a cold that makes you feel utterly miserable...

Rhonda, that's fantastic news. My lump was a cyst - it's still there, although much smaller than it was. They decided that it was best to leave it and it'd go away eventually...

Tricia, enjoy the trip away!

Diane, you rock! I usually stand on the side of the road and look helpless when I get a flat tyre!

MJ, the what ifs are really easy to think about, aren't they. But the key thing is you're doing it NOW.

Take care everyone and have an awesome day!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #93  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all!

Well, I had lunch with a few friends today and had a really nice time. I don't think I did too badly and it was great food. I think if I'm just careful at dinner I'll eek out an on-plan day! I did about an hour of weeding yesterday and a 1/2 hour this morning so I'm sore in weird places, but at least the yard looks good and I got some much needed exercise. Nicole, I do like to walk, but I get super lazy when it's hot out. Things have cooled down here this week, so no more excuses.

Off topic, but do you all ever get an eye twitch that about drives you crazy? I've had one for a few days and I'm going nuts. Twitch, twitch. Twitch, twitch, twitch. GAHHH!!!!

I didn't get a lot of sleep, so that's still a drag. I'm going for 2 of these new pills tonight and see where that gets me.

Diane, that's awesome about the changed tire!

MJ, congrats on the scale moveage!

Tricia, sorry about the binge, but it's great that you kept it to a mini one and that you popped back on track.

Rhonda, hang in there! Sounds like you got some good news!

To everyone else, I'm really glad to see you here! Have a great day, all!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 AM   #94  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all,
Slashni, Congrats on changing the tire! Have you considered giving classes?, I have no idea how to change a tire.
I hope everyone else is doing ok.
I am over my cold, and trying to keep up a good front, the scale got me angry this morning, it was up .5 lbs, I stayed on plan yesterday and even walked 30 minutes more . sheesh. I guess it is salt , nothing else explains it, I know I will work this off by my Weigh in day Wednesday. I plan to get on my elliptical at 8 am, and stay on plan . I am worth this!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #95  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm so glad that you all commented on my changing the tire. I was feeling kind of silly for thinking it was a big accomplishment. I have to admit that if anyone would have come by and offered to do it, I would have stepped back and let them have at it!!

Rhonda, glad you had some good news. I have a lot of fibrous (I think that is how it is spelled) stuff that shows up in the mammogram. I don't think I'd be able to tell if I had a lump. Fortunately, they can compare it all the time. The first time out, I had to have an ultrasound to look at it all. Now they just compare each year. Keep us updated!

Cheryl, glad you're feeling better. My son came home with a cold and I'm hoping it doesn't start making the rounds at our house.

CC, I hear you on the eye twitch thing. Makes me crazy when that happens. I think it happens even more when you are tired, so maybe try to get to bed early!!

Nicole, you sound like me. Friday hits and I just want to go home and stay there. It seems like I spend all week long running here and there, so Fridays are a good time to be HOME!

Tricia, glad to see you made it past the mini-binge. It is good that it stays as a "mini" instead of a full blown binge! You did a good job!

MJ, I can relate to the what if's. I so often wish that I would have stopped myself a long time ago, before I got this big!

Well, everyone, have a good weekend.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #96  
Never want to go back!

Hello!

I was totally on plan yesterday and the day before and gained again. Argh. How frustrating. I'm certainly not giving up, but this is a big bummer. I ate well and took a walk and got to sleep earlier. Oh well. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm just mentally preparing myself that this could be the first week at this that the scale went up.

How is everyone else doing? I hope well! Good luck to all for a great weekend...
Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #97  
Nicole

Morning everyone!

Slow start to the day today - alarm went off and I really didn't want to get up, so I didn't. Even during weekends I'm usually up by 6, and I got up at 7:30 today. Such a large sleep in - I'm such a geek!

I didn't go out last night, but I'm meeting my friend for lunch today at a vegetarian restaurant, so healthy should be easy to find. It's another nice day, so I'm going to suggest that we go for a walk either before or after lunch. It's going to be fun! Then I have to come back and do the housework - my favourite - NOT. Still, if I get it done today, I don't have to do it tomorrow.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #98  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am super-late checking in today! I think I say this every week, but my goodness, I am SO glad it is Friday. It seemed like everyone wanted a piece of me today! I even brought some work home because even though I was an hour late getting out of work, I still had some stuff to do. I haven't brought work home w/ me in ages! The good news is, it is all done and I spent a few minutes organizing things for next week.
Tricia--Thanks, I am not dwelling on it, well not TOO much anyway. But that is why I don't have a ticker, yet...I keep telling myself that once I get back there, I can start counting again. I think I need to re-think that, because this DOES count! Good for you for keeping it 'mini' and brushing yourself off!

Nicole--Must be something in the air, this week was horrible for me too!

CC--Great job w/ the yard work--this is one of my least favorite things! I have these really sad looking flowers by the side of the house....maybe next year will be better! Glad you had fun at lunch w/ friends.

Cheryl--Glad you are feeling better!

Diane--Do not feel silly about the tire!

So not a great day for me today....I was too busy to eat breakfast, we went out to lunch and by then I was SO hungy, so my choices weren't that good. I am still full and it's almost 9pm and I haven't eaten dinner--not hungry though either. I know I didn't get enough water in today, and I didn't go to the gym--way too hot (upper 90's and high humidity). I am planning on going tomorrow. I really need to drag myself there in the morning!

I did sneak in a little retail therapy after I left work...2 pretty necklaces, 2 pairs of earrings, and a set of bracelets that can mix and match w/ both necklaces.

I have to run....the dogs are barking to go out. I'll be around this weekend.

mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #99  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

One thing about my life that I really don't like is that I can't seem to keep a normal schedule. Things will go great for about a month, and then something like this happens. I have been slowly pushing my waking and sleeping times back, so yesterday we aroused at about 2pm, got into work around 3pm, and didn't LEAVE the office until 8am, didn't get to sleep until around 9am. I got up this evening at 6:30pm. If there is anything positive about the last 24 hours, it's that I did NOT go off plan on my eating, and still managed to go down 1.5lbs without exercising AND, maybe I can stay up late again today and get my schedule turned around YET again.

Work is a huge drama all of the time thought. We always seem to be staying up the whole night before a delivery is due... the most frustrating part right now is that this project we're working on totally did not go the way it was supposed to, and really, we aren't making that much money... well, we wouldn't be making that much money IF we ever got paid in the first place. It's hard to keep working on something when you haven't been paid for 3 months. I won't lie and say I am very positive about this... and to be honest I wish we could just stop doing it, but it's not that easy. What really pisses me off is that my fiance's brother, the guy who is responsible for this, is totally ungrateful for our sacrifice. His response to our working about 17 hours is "I do that too." There are so many things wrong with that response that I end up just saying curse words over and over to myself. What in the **** are we doing this to ourselves for? If he is unhappy with the way his working schedule is, he should DO SOMETHING about it, not try and pull us into his non-existent life with him. Misery really does love company. I for one have HAD IT and the sooner we are DONE with this the happier I will be. It's just hard to stop right now, when we have 3+ months of money on the line.

AND THUS ENDS MY VENTING, though it could go on much much longer. At least you all know what kind of thing I am running up against. I am proud and amazed that through this all I've still lost 18lbs. I just really wish I could just have a normal schedule, exercise regularly and it would just be so much easier than trying to figure out what kind of exercise I can do at 2am.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #100  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi ,
I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I just did my elliptical trainer for 33 minutes, and am getting into the shower soon, so I can head over to the farmers market, and also the petstore. Today I'm going to a street festival, and will not be eating there, instead I will be bringing a bottle of water and a TLC bar to munch on. I just had a good breakfast and should be staying on plan today.
I am really down about my clothing situation, because my 22's are getting loose, I mean they hang down on me, and look horrible, I don't want to buy new clothes until I am down another 10 lbs, and the thrift stores here don't cary much in plus size clothes( maybe 7 pieces and they are usually horrible looking), I have some winter pants that will fit, but it is so hot here, that I am still in capris, I am just being silly I should be happy that I am moving out of the 22's ,but walking around in clothes that don't fit right, is making me just feeling ugly. Anyone ever feel like this?
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #101  
Never want to go back!

GAH! Sleep crisis has reach a low point... I have not slept in nearly 24 hours and now it's too light out. Should make for a fun day!

I ate fine yesterday, but did not exercise.

Last edited by CLCSC145; 09-08-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #102  
Nicole

Good morning everyone!

I hope you're all well on this lovely morning. It's supposed to rain later on, so I'm going to have to make sure I go for my walk before then.

MJ, I hope the rest of your day went well. I know when I skip breakfast it's almost guaranteed that I'll have a bad day.

Rakel, dramas at work are delightful fun, aren't that. I let myself get dragged down by them for a while, now I figure it's not worth stressing about and try to leave it at work as much as I can. In saying that, I'm going to start looking for a new job - I'm starting to get dragged down again by the drama, and it's really not worth it.

Cheryl, go you with the exercise! That's a fantastic way to start the day!

CC, is there like a sleep disorder clinic or something you can go to, or be referred to to try and help solve your sleeping issues? I'm lucky in that I usually sleep well, but a friend of mine was referred to one because she couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours at a time unless she took sleeping pills which she didn't want to get in the habit of doing. I'm trying to remember what she was told to do, but am drawing a blank, I'm sorry.

OK, lousy day yesterday. Too much food and not enough exercise. My friend that I was meeting for lunch didn't show and hasn't responded to texts, so I was really annoyed and ended up going to an all you can eat Chinese place for lunch. Really really clever idea since I ate tonnes of the wrong sort of thing, and I knew what I was doing. I told myself I was going to Subway, given that it's reasonably healthy, but walked past the door. OK, it's done now and there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm going to try not to beat myself up any more than I have already because that'll just guilt me into another binge.

Today, I'm going to go for a long walk this morning and finish the housework. It's also my Gran's birthday, so I'm going to give her a ring this afternoon and wish her all the best - I bought her a gift pack from the Body Shop because she loves their stuff, but doesn't ever buy it herself, so I know she's going to love her present.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #103  
Never want to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolen View Post
CC, is there like a sleep disorder clinic or something you can go to, or be referred to to try and help solve your sleeping issues? I'm lucky in that I usually sleep well, but a friend of mine was referred to one because she couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours at a time unless she took sleeping pills which she didn't want to get in the habit of doing. I'm trying to remember what she was told to do, but am drawing a blank, I'm sorry.
Thanks, Nicole! It's such a new thing for me. I could always fall asleep anywhere at anytime - no problem. I think that's why this is so stressful because it's not normal for me and I don't know how to put myself to sleep other than just to close my eyes and I'm out like a light. I'm going to talk to my doctor about the depression meds. The increased dosage may be too much. She gave me sleeping pills that are supposedly non-addictive, but I took two to no avail. Grrr.

Enjoy your walk today and don't give another thought to the Chinese food. It's a brand new day!
Old 09-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #104  

Height: 5'5"

CC - I wonder if your sleep struggles are causing some of your recent scale issues. I know that I've had days where I was working so much that I slept very little, and - for me - the scale never goes down until after I sleep. Just a thought. Hope your sleep issues get resolved quickly. It's so hard to deal with a sleeping crisis and still feel good enough to exercise and resist that high-energy sugar fix.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #105  
Never want to go back!

That's a very encouraging thought, Laurie! I would love it if that ends up to be the case. I'll keep my fingers crossed as the scale was up again today. It's gone up incrementally 2 pounds total (.2, .4, etc. a day) for the last week. And no change to my eating, less exercise but not eliminated completely, no excess salt... Just a lot less sleep. I've been awake for 34 hours now and I'm totally loopy.