Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 10:37 PM   #16  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I agree with all that is said. i get so much from these boards that i learn new things every day besides getting a self renewal to my self. (if that makes sense) the insight and web sittes that i see are magnificant. i will post a few that i found very interesting but i am to titred just wanted to pop in
Old 12-02-2001, 11:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Well, I did it...
I joined Weight Watchers Saturday and I have to say it has already helped me make me more aware of what I'm eating. That's been one of the main things I've been battling since trying to get back on track has been eating whatever I want when I want (even if I wasn't hungry).
I took yesterday to familiarize myself with counting the points and measuring (we celebrated Thanksgiving with my Dad's family and I knew I wouldn't be able to do all the points).
Then today I counted it as my official first day and managed to stay within my points range.
I even went to the store and bought stuff for snacks for the rest of the week and got them all prepared and ready to go.

For now I need the structure and something that holds me accountable for what I put in my body since my self talks haven't been helping much. I see this as a challenge.

Sorry not giving any individual responses, but I need to be getting to bed soon.
Dawnyal
Old 12-03-2001, 07:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Talking Yay!

Lost 2 lbs! Down to 301 now... (which is still more then what my starting weight was, but as long as it's a - instead of a +, I'm happy!

Since I can't seem to follow holiday challenges..... and I can't follow 4-5 day challenges, I'm going to give myself a 1 day challenge!

My list for today:
-Eat the healthy lunch and snacks that I packed this morning, and stay away from the junk that's always around my office
-Drink plenty (goal is 155 ounces) of water
-Go to the gym this afternoon and workout for one full hour
-Come home and cook a DECENT dinner.... instead of junk like boxed Mac and Cheese.

That gives me about 4 goals for today. I'll report tomorrow AM how I do!

Anyone else?

Michelle
Old 12-03-2001, 08:40 AM   #19  

Morning all,

I am finding WW very helpful as well. I had forgotten how to eat well so the structure is grounding.

I love the 1 day challenge idea. Sometimes it's the most I can do. May have to go to the moment to moment challenge some days.

Congratulations to everyone who is down this week and lots of support for those struggling with this the challenges of this time of year.

Weigh in tomorrow so will check back.

Karie
Old 12-03-2001, 11:02 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default You go, Girlies!

The one day challenge is a great idea! I email buddy with Spartan and will join her in that. Today is the day I quit kidding myself. I have very selective memory for what I have eaten!

I go for a D&C in 11 days and hope to ditch a bit of weight before then. It's been very easy to say "Oh, I'll wait until after the operation and then worry about what I eat".

NO MORE SELECTIVE MEMORY - KEEP A FOOD DIARY!
Old 12-03-2001, 06:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Default Checking in

So far, so good.

-Ate a healthy lunch
-Ate a healthy snack
-Ate a healthy dinner
-A train that runs through town had a problem with almost derailing, so I was stuck in traffic for about 40 minutes. I missed going to the gym, but I'll do an aerobics tape tonight before anything else.
-Have drank almost all of my goaled water- one more bottle to go. I swear I'm going to float away!

Slip-up's : 2 Hershey Kisses. Just those two little chocolate pieces were 50 calories and 3 fat grams.

However, I'm still within my cal/fat limit, so I'm ok.

So far, a great first OP day!! (But holy moly has it been hard! You would not BELIEVE the stuff I resisted today... sheesh )

G'ma (aka Ruth)... I wrote in my food diary today..... how bout you?

See you chickies lighter!

Michelle
Closed Thread