Old 04-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #31  

Sewing. I haven't used that one for awhile but for years I found sewing a good way to lose weight because I would not think about eating. I wanted to finish whatever I was making. I haven't sewed much in recent years but the knitting idea made me think of this.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/230/150

Height: 5'6

When I get the urge to eat something thats not good for me.. I write in my diet journal
about my goal and how great it will be to be skinny again..
i dont write about what i want to eat or what i am missing.. but write about my goal
southernleftylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 212/210/160

Height: 5'6

Don't eat standing up ... I had (have) a problem when I get home from work, going to the pantry or fridge and grabbing something to eat ... I dont think it matters what it is ... I just got in the habit of having a handful of a snack when I get home. Now, if I want a snack ... I grab some and go sit in the living room, that way I'm not tempted to grab a 2nd handful (which I used to ALWAYS do). And by the time I'm done with my snack, I'm playing with my dog or watching tv and forget that I was bored and "thought" I was hungry.
jentexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentexas View Post
Don't eat standing up
I don't have a tip, but that reminded me of something my father told me when I was little (and much more gullible). He said that if I ate standing up, my food would go all the way down and my toes would get really fat. As a kid, I was skeptical, but the thought was scary enough to make me want to sit.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #35  

I have a few:

When I get home from work-that's my snacky-feeling time... I put on a Crest White Strip, they have to be on for 30 minutes. By then, the urge to eat is over and it's time to start supper!

I love oatmeal (in the single serving packets) for breakfast. So instead of adding milk, sugar, etc...I add a tablespoon of fat-free cool whip to the cooked oatmeal. It makes it creamy and sweet at the same time with out many calories!

Also, Suduko puzzles! They keep my habnds busy and my mind on something besides food!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 151#
Lifetime WW Member since 1/04
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:55 PM   #36  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

If I get a craving I will try to distract myself, usually by cleaning, but I also will sometimes pick up my phone and call a friend I haven't talked to in awhile, I get caught up on their lives and usually by then the craving is gone. And I try to only keep 'good' foods on hand so if I need to give in, usually I'm just snacking on sugar free jello or something like that.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote