YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 05-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #1  
Lovin' Zumba!

Default YOU: On a Diet - May chatter

Wow - can you believe it's May already? I can't believe I forgot to start the May thread yesterday!

I'm so excited - I finally made my ticker move! It's about time...

So much work to do outside around here - I love Spring and hate it at the same time, if you know what I mean.

How are you gals doing?
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Hurt my back last Friday or as the Dr. suggested...muscle spasms. Didn't work out all this week until this morning and now my back is a little achy.... I have decided to go on strike with the scales.....it isn't moving for me at all. However; I am in a size 16 slacks and that has me shouting and dancing. Just 1 year and 5 days until my daughter gets married and I still have so much to do.....

Cindy.....congrats on the scales moving for you! That is awesome! Hungry Girl has a new cookbook out and it is simple recipes using common ingredients and you can find the WW points on the Hungry Girl website. I got mine at Walmart.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #3  
Lovin' Zumba!

Kim - sorry to hear about your back spasms - are they any better today? Way to go on the size 16 slacks - much better to use the "pants-o-meter" than the scale anyway!

I think I will look into Hungry Girl's cookbook - I get her daily newsletter, and love reading her alternative recipes.

Cindy
Old 05-06-2008, 07:12 AM   #4  

Well....went to the gym on Friday and Monday but just didn't do the crunches. Still a little sore but I think I need to work through it? They have a new class tonight, well, new to me at the YMCA........I hope I can do it so we will see. ZUMBA....anyone ever tried it? I am going to give it a whirl just don't know about the pelvic thrusts. LOL!!!! I will let you know more later tonight. I definitely love the Hungry Girl Cookbook. I got to get to the groceries because I want to try the pizza with the egg crust....it's a breakfast thing.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #5  
Lovin' Zumba!

Pizza for breakfast - sounds yummy! I think I need to get myself to Sam's Club to see if they have that book.

ZUMBA - never heard of it - do let us know!

Patti - How are you doing?
Cindy
Old 05-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #6  

Didn't make it out of work in time for ZUMBA.....I hate when that happens. I love the book and I love the fact they recommend everyday kind of stuff that is easy to find. They tell which is their favorite brands too!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #7  
Lovin' Zumba!

Ok, I got it - now I need to find time to start reading and finding some great recipes to try.

Kim - do you get her daily newsletter? If not, you should sign up. The "Bite It" or "Fight It" ones are great!

I went to a wedding this weekend and got a bit off track. But, I immediately made a YOU: turn and have myself right back on track.

Our blue team won this week's weigh-in, and our top gal was this week biggest loser over all. As I had a great week, thanks to losing some water, I was in the top 5 overall, I think. I'm pretty happy with that!
Cindy
Old 05-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #8  

Cindy....I do get the daily newsletter, but I started to receive it this past week. That is awesome to be in the top 5! Great job!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #9  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - I'm posting a 1# loss this week. Not great, but not terrible either. I'm doing a lot of walking for this TBL challenge right now, but typically walking doesn't do much for me in terms of weight loss unless I'm walking on a slight incline, fast and boxing my arms. Not quite up to that yet, as my knees would not be able to take it.

I really need to get more veggies in - I've been hungry all the time lately, and that doesn't make for a pleasant Cindy! Poor DH!

Have a great weekend girls!
Cindy
Old 05-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #10  

Zumba was way too much fun. Too much fun to be exercise but boy did I sweat. I kept messing up on the steps so I just stood there and shook all over. It was great and I will be back next week to the class.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #11  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - how are you doing?

So, Kim, describe this Zumba - is it like some sort of a dance class?

I've had a few days off plan, so did a major You:turn today and am back on track. Hopefully I won't have done too much damage on the scale.
Cindy
Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #12  

It is like Latin Aerobic dance class. So much fun but boy did I sweat tonight. My 51st birthday was this past Saturday and I went to my first ever yoga class....kicked my butt big time! I am trying to stay active every single day but one day off a week. I got to get the scales moving again.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #13  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey, Happy belated Birthday Kim!

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 05-21-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #14  

Thanks Cindy! I celebrated with my first Yoga class. Didn't care for it but will give it another go around because maybe I didn't like it because I didn't know what I was doing.