YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #1  
Lovin' Zumba!

Default YOAD December chatter

Hey gals - happy December!

I hope everyone is doing well - I'm happy to say I've been pretty good on YOAD for 4 days now - and I'm feeling pretty good about it! Not perfect, but way better than I've been in months!

So here's to a great December for everyone!
Cindy
Old 12-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #2  

hey Cindy thanks for starting the dec thread
its been very quiet around here lately..ive peeked in and no one has been aroudn. Im sure that will change inthe new year when everyone wants to lose again.
Almost talked myself out of trying to lose the rest of the month today..I went to my bros for supper and the scale was up a bit this am. I thought ooh well i can just maintain till the n ew year......ahhhhh no!! Thats what got me to this weight inthe first place..Im heading out for a nice walk tonight and look at lights..and taichi in the morning..back on track. I havnt been off it though..jsut last night. Sometimes thats all it takes though isnt it/
Im still trying to lose a couple more pounds by the 25th...Im almost there..
how is everyone else doing??
Old 12-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Not sure if I told you guys but I have lost a total of 8 pounds in 3 weeks. Actually, I lost 8 lbs then Thanksgiving helped me to find 3 pounds and I lost 3 pounds again the week after Thanksgiving. I have been working 2 jobs since the first of November so haven't had much time to post or read. I will try to do better in the future.

Cindy and Patti......I am still here and I sure am glad the both of you are too.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #4  
Lovin' Zumba!

Yes, glad to be here - I need to be here this month so I don't gain during this holiday season - it is always such a challenge!

Good for you Kim - you're doing great! You too Patti - stick around and keep us company.

I have a rough week to get through - 2 holiday luncheons and dinner out in a fancy place tomorrow night... Wish me luck!
Cindy
Old 12-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #5  

We will get thru it....we just have to keep reminding ourselves how far we have come...and how difficult it is to get back on track when we leave it.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:12 AM   #6  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm back. Had an awful month on many fronts and ready to take control back in the one area I can for the holidays!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #7  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

breakfast done and on plan, that's the easy part! now on to working out and the rest of the day's food!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #8  

4 more lbs gone..... I experienced a gain the week of Thanksgiving of 3 pounds and I was able to get that off in one week and now 4 more gone in a week and a half. I have decided to set my goals on a more short term basis so I won't get discouraged. I am going to do it, 10 pounds at a time. Biggest Loser was very good last night! I shouting for Dave!!!! Way to go Jillian.....all the survivors are the black team....the team that no one wanted to pick. Have a great day!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #9  

Wow Iwana you are doing sooo well.....keep it going Kim!!
My scale showed 272 on saturday but back up a few this week but its encouragiung..that made me down 45 overall....I wanted to be in the 260s for the holidays I may make it yet...
Next week is my last week for tai ji till after the holidays but I bought the dvd so I can practice over the holidays..its so relaxing. Love it~!

Last edited by p.a.; 12-12-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

I just bought the book at the recommendation of a co-worker. I would love to see some success stories. They are so inspiring.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi all - Just wondering if you all would mind me joining in here? I'm following the Best Life Diet, but there's no one else around for support, really, so I thought I could chat with you all!

I'm struggling right now with my motivation and commitment, just trying to get my head in the game and really stick to BLD. What do you do to stay committed to YOAD or your other plans?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Height: 5'2"

Hello! I'm new to the YOAD plan and I haven't even read the whole book, I hope you don't mind if I join you anyway. I feel really committed to adopting a healthier way of eating and also getting into the exercise habit. Well I look forward to being part of YOAD support.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #13  

Hey gals,,,its been quiet around here lately too..that will change after the hoidays IM sure....... Welcome@ and stick around.
Junkarian I started the plan before reading all the book as well.. it just made me so excited
Im still following the program..its ALMOST become a way of life now..I walk or do tai ji every day for at least 30 mins thats a big part of the plan. Started way back in February but its the first summer I got thru without gaining everything back. Now to get thru Christmas.....Ive made a plan and Im sticking to it ..so far. It helps my dh is on plan with me..he has lost 30 and I have lost 45...we still have a way to go but its still working!!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #14  

Default Welcome!!!

Welcome one and all!!!! Yes, it has been a little quiet around here lately but like Patti, it will pick up after the holidays! I too am like Patti with the ups and downs but I have been losing steady since the week of Thanksgiving!!!! I seem to lose very slow but it is a way of life. The best life diet is very similiar to YOAD but I think YOAD is stricter and you just right in with no lead way. It's not really a diet but more of a way to live free of the bad for you stuff!!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Glad to hear it gets easier as it becomes your lifestyle, gals. That's encouraging! I'm trying to focus on a few of the big principles for BLD and maintain over the holidays, and then really buckle down and make things happen after Boxing Day.

PA - congrats on moving more and on your first 45lbs!

Iwanawurkit - congrats on sticking with it through the holidays!
Closed Thread