YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 05-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #1  
Dieting Diva

Default Best Weightloss Challenge update on Oprah today !

From what I have read this is the end of the 12 weeks and gives some of the results of the diet.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #2  
it's always something

Thanks!!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #3  
Lovin' Zumba!

I plan to watch it!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It was good. A nice variety of people and responses. I enjoyed it very much.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #5  
Lovin' Zumba!

Just a comment that I have about that - I think they were rather tough on that gal that only lost 5-6#. I would have been interested to see what her change in body fat % was - her face was obviously thinner looking, and she did say that she had gotten into a smaller pair of jeans. Typically 5# isn't going to do that for you unless you're building some muscle.

Sure, she isn't being perfect, but Bob implied she was lying in her food and exercise journals!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I wondered about her bf% too. I was waiting for them to consult the Dr about her lab results. I don't think they did tho' did they?

She reminded me of me actually ... I was pretty much in denial about how active I was. I was counting this little dance-y thing I was doing as cardio. What an eye opener when I got my HRM and found I was skyrocketing right up to 90 BPM And underestimating serving sizes is epidemic!

Are they going to check back in with those folks? I have a lot of faith that she'll have a light-bulb moment and kick it up a notch.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #7  
Dieting Diva

Quote:
So will LaToya be allowed to continue with the Best Life Weight Loss Challenge? "I say she stays and commits really hard to the program through the summer, and we'll see what happens in September," Bob says.
September ? Gosh, that's a long time !

I had mixed emotions as some of the women I identified with. A couple of them made me feel good about myself as I had lost a bit more and for once weighed less that fat people on TV. I realized how chunky I was before I went on a diet during the first show as I had no physical perception of my size.
As for Latoya's issue- I think she signed up thinking "TV diet, Easy, no problem-no sweat". She is being held accountable. She is probably a yo yo dieter. She had no idea how much of a commitment it will be to make the changes. I have no doubt that she exercises- but it was not the norm.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote