Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #1  
Back on Program!

Default Weigh in at Home 3/19-3/25

I'm back everyone!!
Sorry it's been so long, I have just been going through so much at home. DH and I are back together, been going to counseling religiously, and things are so much better now. We still have our problems and only time will heal some of the wounds, but we are making progress.
Two weeks ago we took a short 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and Cococay with Royal Caribbean. Just the two of us, no kids, which is something we have never done. We had a wonderful time! We even went ocean kayaking and snorkeling. I don't think I could go for longer without them (kids) though.

For the past month my diet has been atrocious, and of course I gained weight on the cruise! Way too many tropical drinks and delicious food.
And since we have been back I just haven't had the motivation, but today, monday, is a new beginning for me. I will stick to my points this week!!! I have already been to the gym today so I am off to the right start.

My family is going to Hawaii this summer (a trip that was already planned but then we weren't sure we would be able to go with everything that was going on...) and I want to look fabulous! So help me get there girls.

I want to thank you all, especially Carla and Judy for being there for me when everything was so bad. I am secure in the fact that even if they get bad again, I will be okay and so will my girls. But I am hopeful that the midlife-crisis/nervous breakdown is over and we can move on and make our relationship even better.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hi rachel... love your name!! I am a nurse too.
We spent two weeks in hawaii last summer and I never slimmed down, oh my intentions were there but I didn't. I have pictures of me looking fat and matrionly. I could just scream. I'm here for ya... and if I can help with any hawaii questions, give me a holla.. best vacation of my life!!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #3  

I didnt' have a good week. Gained half a pound.

Going to do better this week!!!

Hope everyone else had a better week.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #4  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Thumbs up

Hey Gals! I had a good week! Down 3 lbs ! I hope those eating out days don't creep up on me! But I choose to eat healthy or did not over indulge during those times. Hope everyone has a great week!
lol a bunch of nurses here, lol I am in my 3rd year of nursing! Off to study I go!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #5  

Jenny - Of course you can join - welcome! WTG on losing 3pounds! I don't really think it matters when you weigh yourself as long as you are consistent. I weigh myself first thing in the morning before my morning cup of coffee. My step daughter is a nurse too.

Rachel - it's so good to hear from you! I'm glad to here that things are better at home now and hope that they continue to improve. That cruise soiunds just fantastic - I'm glad you and your husband had a good time. Well, we've all lapsed on the program but the important thing is that you are back, you are here, you are committed to getting back and you've even been to the gym - WTG!

Purple - welcome! Are you anywhere near Rochester? I went to college at the U of R. I had a wonderful time in Hawaii too - lo, these many years ago (honeymoon - 1st marriage) and I look fat and matronly in my pictures too - actually, I think I was at my highest weight after I got back from Hawaii - but it was a wonderful vacation.

Stacey - sorry about the gain but it sounds like you are moving forward. Remember, 1/2 pound isn't much at all!

I had a good night last night and so far so good today. I did a short yoga session when I got home from work today. We had a great meal - a new recipe that I got from a fairly new WW cookbook that's skillet dishes. This one was a Southwestern skillet dish with ground turkey, tomatoes, and jalapenos. I changed the elbow macaroni to whole wheat macaroni but kept the 2% cheese in - it was only 2 points (I'm on core so that's all I had to count) and well worth it.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #6  

I've been SO off the wagon for about a month. When is enough enough? I'm thankful that all my meandering has only resulted in two pounds gain. I'm really trying to mentally get back on the wagon.... still having trouble. WI is Thursday, so we'll see what happens.

Good luck and congrats to all you big losers!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:17 PM   #7  

Quick checkin before I drop the kids off at school.

Lost .2kg (.44lbs). I was expecting a gain since I've been completely OP this week along with not exercising as much. Determined to do much better this week and grateful that the damage wasn't worse.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #8  

I've just finished exercising - 1 hour walk/jogging (bit of a mission as my eldest son is home with a sore throat. I parked the car at the reserve down the road and went round and round the park while Taylor sat in the car reading. I could see him at all times so he was fine) and 45 minutes Core Secrets. I really need to check out some other exercise DVDs as I'm getting bored. These past two weeks I've been relatively slack, so my exercise goal will not be achieved this month as there's not enough days left to do it. My eating up til last night was pretty appalling so I think I got off lightly damage wise. Now AF is pretty much gone (PMS and AF were the worst this month), I'm feeling so much better and determined to carry on.

LOL about all the nurses. I so wanted to be a nurse but never quite got there.

Rachel ~ So nice to hear from you, I've been wondering how things were going. I'm so happy for you that you and DH are working things out and attending regular counselling. Best wishes that it all works out for you. WTG on the cruise - it's great you got time alone with DH. It would have done you both the power of good - glad you had such a great time. Also WTG on getting back OP and into exercise. We're here any time you need support to keep going for your fabulous Hawaiian holiday.

Stacey ~ Sorry you had a gain this week. I know myself, with continually having losses I got complacent and started to undo all my hard work. Nothing like a gain or two to get you back on track. Good luck.

Jenny ~ WTG on the 3lbs.

Purple ~ We went to Australia at Xmas and I lost some weight before we went. We were only gone 10 days and I managed to put the whole lot back on!!! I'm using a picture of me from a vacation the previous year, which is pasted in my points book, to spur me on, lol.

Judy ~ Yum, the skillet dish sounds great. I'm always looking for new inspiration with meals to make. I tend to get into a rut and make whatever's quick and easy and it usually tends to be similar things week in week out. I do really enjoy cooking but am not great at throwing things together so learning something new often takes more time than I have.

Jaime ~ Sorry you're having a rough time. Once you lose the momentum, it's so hard to restart. Hang in there, you can do it. Remember we are here to support you in any way we can. Good luck.

Better go do some work.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #9  

Jaime – Well, I think enough is enough when you ask yourself if enough is enough ;-) Seriously though, if you are aware enough to ask the question, you’re ready to get back on track IMHO. It’s always hard to get back – how about taking small steps – maybe start with just writing down what you are eating, or start with making sure you get all your water in. Once that step is taken, take another one. In any case, we’ve all been there, we’ve all strayed so above all, don’t beat yourself up!

Tanya – congratulations on the loss and the great exercise session even when it was a little hard to manage.

I’ve had a good couple of days – a little snacking in the evening but I’ve written everything down. I came home yesterday just beat so I relaxed for a half hour before starting dinner instead of exercising. I’m going to do something tonight – I don’t know whether it will be yoga or a longer tape (one of the new ones). I’ll decide when I get home. My sneak peeks have been good lately – the challenge is to not let myself get complacent so I can reach my goal for March (3-4 pounds lost – need 1.4 loss to get there).

Carla, Karen – hope you are both having a good week!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-22-2006, 09:23 AM   #10  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Hello all

gained about 2 pounds...not going to change my ticker just yet though...we'll see what the weekend brings.

I decided I'm not a CORE type of girl...I don't have the discipline for that just yet. I think I would have eaten oranges or bananas until I was sick just to stay OP.

But this week, I'm not really counting points - I'm trying to make good choices as far as what I put in my mouth but am kind of estimating at the point value if I don't know (instead of looking it up). Trying to listen to my body a little more...

I think I kind of needed a break so that's what I'm trying to do this week before I get back into it hard core. I'm a little tired of my new clothes being a little tight

welcome back Rachel - it's good to hear from you again - best of luck to you!

welcome to Purple, Jamie, and Jenny!

Hang in there Stacy - we're all in this together

Judy - good luck of getting your March goal - I'm sure you'll reach it!

Tanya - great job on getting in your exercise. Have you ever tried any of the Taebo DVD's? There is a upper body/lower body combo (has two work outs - one for the legs and one for the arms - all cardio) DVD that kicks my rear every time I try to do it.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #11  

I ended up overdoing the exercise yesterday. After my session yesterday morning I helped my son with his paper deliveries so walked for another 75 minutes (total 3 hours exercise yesterday) carrying a very heavy bag full of papers. I have a weak back so hurt it and felt miserable for the rest of the day. My hip is still clunking a bit today but it'll come right. I walked for another 75 minutes this morning.

Judy ~ Good luck with reaching your goal this month - sounds like you're well on track.

Emily ~ I must find out what Core is all about. Sorry it didn't work out for you and you had a small gain. I'm sure it'll come off in no time. We all need a break from time to time - I've just come off a two week break myself. I LOVE Tae Bo. I used to do the beginner tape with my neighbour a few years ago and the sweat would just pour off. We each bought a harder tape but I found it really hard to keep up because the movements were so fast and I was compromising my technique. I must dig it out and give it another go though as it's so much fun.

Off to scout for some recipes.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #12  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Sorry I didn't get here earlier in the week.

Rachel - I'm so pleased to see you back and to hear that things are so much better between you and DH. Your cruise sounds great, and that trip to Hawaii will give you lots of inspiration!

Welcome, Purplepansy & JennyDee! - I'm a nurse too.

Hi Britomart - nice to see you back again! Let me know if you find some motivation - I could use some too!

Tanya - you're getting tons of exercise; even unintended extras! That must have beeen very uncomfy hauling all those newspapers around. I find my eating very hormone-related too. My cycle has always been totally irregular, so I often don't realize what's going on.

Judy - Good for you for stringing together some good days! And for doing your tapes - how's your hip feeling? I was getting heavily into evining snacking waiting for Mike to get home at 11 pm - I've cured that by going to bed and talking to him in the morning instead. I was literally at the fridge or cupboards every 10 minutes, and evenings were never an issue for me before.

Carla - hope all's well with you - are you okay??

Nothing much to report. We were away for a few days for my neice's wedding, and I made some really not-so-good food choices in restaurants over a three day period. I did fine at the wedding, and danced most of the night. Our snow is starting to recede a little, which is nice; next on the agenda is mud season.

I made a huge batch of ham and pea soup in the slow cooker last night - the house smells delicious - I might just have a bowl for breakfast - nah, that's too gross...I'll wait till lunch.

Have a good day!

Karen
Old 03-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #13  

Karen ~ LOL, soup for breakfast. Yeah that's gross. I made some vege soup and cornbread for dinner last night. The kids weren't too fussed on the cornbread although I thought it was delicious - great with the soup. There's leftovers so I'll probably have it for lunch today too. Sorry you had a rough time eating-wise, although I'm sure so much dancing would have helped. Goin out for dinner is the hardest thing for me. Enjoy your soup!!

Carrie ~ You haven't checked in in a while - hope everything's okay!

Tracy ~ You haven't checked in in a while either. How are the supplements and shakes going?

I've got one boy home sick today - well not so sick (bit of a sore throat and cough) but he's doing his best to convince me it's worse. I have housework on the agenda this morning. Must start while I'm still feeling motivated - I mowed the lawns last night so counted that as exercise since it involved walking, lol.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #14  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning -

A little quiet around here!

Tanya, I hope your son is feeling better. Mowing lawns definitely counts as excercise. I did a bit of brush clearing yesterday; we won't have a lawn for a year or two yet.

I bought a horse! He won't be coming to live with us until May, when we can get some more fencing done amd a barn built (ground is frozen). He's 15, mostly quarter horse, buckskin, and very originally named "Buck". He's very lovely. So that's big time motivation to get a whole bunch of pounds off so I can ride comfortably - for both him and me!

Have a great day!
Old 03-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #15  

Karen ~ I'm so jealous of your horse purchase. Horses are my all-time favourite animal, although I am very nervous around them now as I got thrown quite badly as a teenager (only suffered a sore back and sprained ankle but it really dented my pride and confidence). If I had land I'd have to have a horse and I also decided I'd love a donkey. We stayed on a farm for a long weekend last year and they had a donkey. He was the most adorable animal, so much personality.

Better get my A into G. Devon's supposed to be playing cricket this morning - he's already gone down with his Dad, but the rest of us will head down shortly. It's drizzling outside so I have a feeling it might be cancelled which will be a shame as it's his last game for the season. Better go have a shower and get ready.
Closed Thread